SiouxSports.com Forum

Pictures of the Ralph

Sioux17

I was curious if anyone had some pictures of the ralph they would be willing to share with me. I am brining a hockey team to the twin cities this winter for some tournement and i am trying to convince the parents to drive us up to Grand Forks to see the ralph. I thought a preview would help. PM if you would like to help me out

I was curious if anyone had some pictures of the ralph they would be willing to share with me. I am brining a hockey team to the twin cities this winter for some tournement and i am trying to convince the parents to drive us up to Grand Forks to see the ralph. I thought a preview would help. PM if you would like to help me out

Here is a site with a lot of pictures.

The Ralph

Google Maps has a neat picture from above if you look at the Satellite or Hybrid view too. It is even more interesting if you have Google Earth installed. I like how you can see "Fighting Sioux" written with the bushes that between the sidewalks on the east side of the building between the parking lots. You should arrange for a tour for the kids and their parents too, so they can see the WHOLE building.

If you do manage to convince the parents, call the Ralph and arrange a tour. If you tell them your from out of town and are bringing a bunch of little hockey guys, they may give you special consideration if you're not going to be here on a scheduled tour day or time. If there's a hockey game when you come, also check if there are tickets available for your whole group.

If you do manage to convince the parents, call the Ralph and arrange a tour. If you tell them your from out of town and are bringing a bunch of little hockey guys, they may give you special consideration if you're not going to be here on a scheduled tour day or time. If there's a hockey game when you come, also check if there are tickets available for your whole group.

Thought about that and i am just waiting for the schedule to come out. Thanks for the help you guys

While the Ralph is a great place, I honestly don't know if it is worth a 5 hour drive each way just to see it. If you are able to get to a game then it might be more worth it, but even then I think you have to be a fan of college hockey to make that commitment of time and even more importantly $$$$. If the tournament was in Grand Forks or even Fargo or if you were driving from Manitoba or other western Canadian provinces I would say go for it, but anywhere else give the moms some malls to go to and I think you will have a much happier group of hockey parents. In the mean time show them some pictures of the place, they will get the idea.

While the Ralph is a great place, I honestly don't know if it is worth a 5 hour drive each way just to see it. If you are able to get to a game then it might be more worth it, but even then I think you have to be a fan of college hockey to make that commitment of time and even more importantly $$$$. If the tournament was in Grand Forks or even Fargo or if you were driving from Manitoba or other western Canadian provinces I would say go for it, but anywhere else give the moms some malls to go to and I think you will have a much happier group of hockey parents. In the mean time show them some pictures of the place, they will get the idea.

Drop off the hockey moms at the Mall of America for two hours of shopping and the dads and kids can go spend two hours wandering around Xcel Energy Center. Picture leather on the seats and marble in place of concrete walkways and you'll get the idea. Unless you can get everyone tickets to a Sioux game...then it's worth the drive!

The only thing missing from that picture is Shawn-O rolling around drunk in that snowbank. :)

And a bunch of way-too-drunk Bison fans getting ready to send Shawn-O to the United Hospital with an Absolute bottle burried in his forehead!!!! :wink::D

Thought about that and i am just waiting for the schedule to come out. Thanks for the help you guys

If you're not aware, you can get free tickets for young hockey players, and each parent/coach can buy a general admission to sit with them. An area for teams is generally roped off in the upper deck of the student section.

600-REA_ext-01.jpg

Here's an exterior view of the Ralph that I shot earlier this year.

looks like the guy with the sioux logo on the back of his jacket is morley and the lovely lady next to him is mrs. siouxman.

edit: and i think that is mr. siouxman exiting to the right.

Google Maps has a neat picture from above if you look at the Satellite or Hybrid view too. It is even more interesting if you have Google Earth installed. I like how you can see "Fighting Sioux" written with the bushes that between the sidewalks on the east side of the building between the parking lots. You should arrange for a tour for the kids and their parents too, so they can see the WHOLE building.

Thanks for noticing! I actually did the survey field work for where to put those bushes. The team planted them.

As a hunter, I pride myself in always knowing N - S - E & W (Kind of a built in compass) & because I have hunted so much & scouted the prairie & most all of ND, it is just built in, that I always keep track --- but when I'm in the Ralph I get screwed up

That Google pic may have helped me finally get it straight :silly: