SiouxSports.com Forum

No more cheerleaders at the ralph?

proudsioux

well i kinda like the slutty looking ones...minnesota has a wonderful crop, not to mention the non visible skirts of scsu. lovely.

Sit a little closer to those umtc cheerleaders next time. I still have nightmares of the cottage cheese thighs.

SCSU :silly:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they ask them to start playing when we do certain chants and the Mankato playoffs series had no student section. Students were allowed the option to buy tickets there, but no student section. that and because the Ralph rules don't apply during playoffs so you can have alcohol in that section that weekend. The diehards this year are probably the ones who got student season tickets as the way they divided up the tickets and put them online, senior/grad school/med school/law school students went first and had like 20 minutes before their tickets sold out. The poor freshman students who had to go last only got like 5 minutes before their portion of tickets were sold out. I agree, and for those of you who say that other people cheer, not all of them do. My friend and I were in a suite on the Sat. night that we played SCSU and tried to get the sections around us to stand up and cheer or to cheer "Let's Go Sioux" with us. Nope, they wouldn't stand up until half way through the third when we were tied. Half of them could either clap or chant with us and the other half couldn't do either. I mean how hard is it to chant/clap "Let's Go Sioux"?

I realize their was no "official" student section at the Manakto games, but the students were allowed to buy tickets before the public. I got mine early so I was surrounded by students and not the general public. So it was a student section to me. As for the band, I also realize that they don't want certain cheers to be said so they have the band play during them. If thats the case, they shouldn't complain about the silence of the fans. If you let them do one anti-Shep cheer, maybe the rest will be clean. Who really knows since they don't give the opportunity. It just sucks to not be able to razz the refs after a bad call because the band is playing. Another reason why I loved the Mankato series was that the band was small and didn't always stifle the crowd. Anderson was hearing it pretty bad and I loved it.

When I read this, I instantly thought of your mug being posted on the Fargo Forum online like the "John" that got busted for soliciting prostitution yesterday in Fargo.

*snickers*

The grinder kits....I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GRINDER KITS!! :silly: And since when does this type of tom foolery go on in Fargo? :silly:

I am glad that the cheerleaders won't be gone, never bothered me, and i have enjoyed them from time to time. I remember being super surprised the first time i saw one do a somewhat figure skating like move through the center one night.

As for the band and whatnot, I think they should be moved back up to the upper deck. Give students back those seats, and go back away from season tickets. Thats what made the lower deck rowdy before, the diehards would wait in line for hours before every game to get lower deck. It's too easy for people who don't deserve the tickets to get lower bowl season tickets now.

Either way, I'm graduating in may, so I won't be directly affected :(

I am glad that the cheerleaders won't be gone, never bothered me, and i have enjoyed them from time to time. I remember being super surprised the first time i saw one do a somewhat figure skating like move through the center one night.

As for the band and whatnot, I think they should be moved back up to the upper deck. Give students back those seats, and go back away from season tickets. Thats what made the lower deck rowdy before, the diehards would wait in line for hours before every game to get lower deck. It's too easy for people who don't deserve the tickets to get lower bowl season tickets now.

Either way, I'm graduating in may, so I won't be directly affected :(

I dont understand why people continue to say "give the seats back to the students" when it is in fact STUDENTS in the band, occupying those seats. Its not like the Ralph hired out the GF City Band to play at the games...those are students in those seats. ;):( The only difference between those students and the rest of the student section is that the band has instruments and they are working a helluva lot harder than some of the other fans in the arena to bring spirit and energy to the crowd and the atmosphere of the game.

I dont understand why people continue to say "give the seats back to the students" when it is in fact STUDENTS in the band, occupying those seats. Its not like the Ralph hired out the GF City Band to play at the games...those are students in those seats. ;):( The only difference between those students and the rest of the student section is that the band has instruments and they are working a helluva lot harder than some of the other fans in the arena to bring spirit and energy to the crowd and the atmosphere of the game.

Are band members suck at cheering, that's why. LAME-O :(

We were in the student section during the CC series. Although it was over a break, there were still plenty of students in the section. That was the best atmosphere I have been in the middle of at The Ralph yet.

The only bad thing was having to put my beer on the floor......

Are band members suck at cheering, that's why. LAME-O :(

the Band was moved to the Lower Bowl to make it easier for students to hear them and so that they could get the entire student section going and not just the upper bowl. Sorry,but they will probably never move back up to the upper bowl. It is not that easy to get tickets especially when you consider how fast you had to type to get tickets for most classes and how big the classes are.

HockeyMom- sorry you had to put your beer on the floor, but that is the price we pay for idiots that think it is funny to break them off and steal them and/or possibly throwing them onto the ice, hence why we don't get the paper ads in the student section as well.

HockeyMom- sorry you had to put your beer on the floor, but that is the price we pay for idiots that think it is funny to break them off and steal them and/or possibly throwing them onto the ice, hence why we don't get the paper ads in the student section as well.

I had to put my beer on the floor at the Xcel too......I was just being a spoiled child. Those things happen. On the same page, I don't think that they will ever give everyone that walks into the place a glowstick again.

Kids will be kids.

I think its a nice perk for the band members to get seats in the lower bowl for all the hard work they put in during the year. It was really neat having the band there for Duncan's Hobey in St Louis. Hearing them play for him kinda gave me those goosebumps you get when you are proud of your kid. They added to the whole ceremony as well as to every game they play at.

Maybe you forget that they are giving up things to perform in the band when they could have had other plans.

Not only does the band belong in the lower bowl at REA, but all of the bands should be in the lower bowl at the Frozen Four as well. It would have improved the atmosphere in St. Louis tremendously.

Another thing that would have improved the atmosphere was if those two idiot BC fans that new little about hockey weren't sitting directly behind us. I'm still mad that we were told to sit down between periods. Maybe someday I'll get over it.

Another thing that would have improved the atmosphere was if those two idiot BC fans that new little about hockey weren't sitting directly behind us. I'm still mad that we were told to sit down between periods. Maybe someday I'll get over it.

Did you ask them if they've ever been cooled with a folding chair? That usually defuses the situation.

Did you ask them if they've ever been cooled with a folding chair? That usually defuses the situation.

Ha Ha! No, we decided that we were going to stand both intermissions for the championship game and cheer for Michigan State instead. Imagine my surprise when Michigan State scored the empty netter and I turned around to give them both five and they were already gone. Dangit!

Not only does the band belong in the lower bowl at REA, but all of the bands should be in the lower bowl at the Frozen Four as well. It would have improved the atmosphere in St. Louis tremendously.

that would have cost them quite a bit in tickets.

Also, as for the people giving things up to be in the band, if the hockey game isn't where they would be anyways, then why shouldn't they be upper deck? I never had a problem hearing the band in the lower bowl either. Aren't the miced anyway?

I always appreciated the section of "grown-ups" to the right of us in the student section that would ask the ushers why we couldn't be standing. thanks!

that would have cost them quite a bit in tickets.

Also, as for the people giving things up to be in the band, if the hockey game isn't where they would be anyways, then why shouldn't they be upper deck? I never had a problem hearing the band in the lower bowl either. Aren't the miced anyway?

I always appreciated the section of "grown-ups" to the right of us in the student section that would ask the ushers why we couldn't be standing. thanks!

Considering all tickets are the same price. If I do my math correctly, lets see, the total cost is, drumroll please...

$0.00 :(

Considering all tickets are the same price. If I do my math correctly, lets see, the total cost is, drumroll please...

$0.00 :(

Ok, i was under the assumption that lower bowl tickets for something like the frozen four would cost more than nosebleeds. But since I was unable to go, it was just a guess.

I know, I was being a prick, that happens occasionally around here. ;):(:(

Ok, i was under the assumption that lower bowl tickets for something like the frozen four would cost more than nosebleeds. But since I was unable to go, it was just a guess.

I know, I was being a prick, that happens occasionally around here. ;):(:(