SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he returns, it is one of two things. UND is either paying him more than the Black Hawks can or he is strongly considering a power play to get out of that rediculous organization who drafted him far earlier than the CBA would allow.

:):D:wink:

This doesn't make sense to me. What exactly are you insinuating?

Sioux18

This doesn't make sense to me. What exactly are you insinuating?

Sioux18

That UND is paying him more than the Hawks can. :)

*** I do realize that UND isn't paying him. ***

I would actually be very impressed with Toews if he returns for any reason.

Heard Andy Murray (Team Canada head coach at World Championships where Toews currently is working out with the team. Also, father of Brady Murray.) from Finland on Home Ice over noon hour say that Toews would be playing for the BlackHawks next season. Don't know if he knows something or is just assuming, but he did say it.

It was in the context of St.Louis signing EJ and how improved the Blues would be after their strong finish. Murray was talking about other non-playoff teams that would be better next season, too, and why.

Heard Andy Murray (Team Canada head coach at World Championships where Toews currently is working out with the team. Also, father of Brady Murray.) from Finland on Home Ice over noon hour say that Toews would be playing for the BlackHawks next season. Don't know if he knows something or is just assuming, but he did say it.

My guess is that he was just making an assumption (and probably a correct one at that). I'm thinking that Toews will be talking about his decision with his parents, UND coaches, and teammates.

Not sure why he would tell Murray so that he can announce it on Home Ice. That's what press conferences are for. :wink::)

That UND is paying him more than the Hawks can. :wink:

*** I do realize that UND isn't paying him. ***

I would actually be very impressed with Toews if he returns for any reason.

But UND can never match the free drinks like Blarneys does :)

It was in the context of St.Louis signing EJ and how improved the Blues would be after their strong finish. Murray was talking about other non-playoff teams that would be better next season, too, and why.

My guess is that as his coach, Murray, is more in the know than we are. At any rate, I wish him nothing but the best...It's too bad he wasn't property of the Wild (aka team Europe).

imo, this is the nail in the coffin. i'm sure JT was seriously considering coming back but this tourney experience will prove to himself that he can play at the next level. it's not like he's going to get his azz handed to him. i'm sure he will perform very well. good luck JT.

imo, this is the nail in the coffin. i'm sure JT was seriously considering coming back but this tourney experience will prove to himself that he can play at the next level. it's not like he's going to get his azz handed to him. i'm sure he will perform very well. good luck JT.

I could not agree more - you are dead on!

It would be nice if Toews stays another year at UND to give Chicago one more top-end pick. Let's face it, with or without Toews they aren't going to be great, but if he stays away they might get another top 3 pick. If they add a nice player in this year's draft and another next year, they have the makings of a really nice squad that could contend for awhile, providing they draft wisely. I think Pittsburgh will be contenders every year now with their nice drafts of Crosby, Malkin and Staal. I guess what I am saying is Toews could really set his teams up nicely, both UND and Chicago by staying another year, giving UND a great chance at an NCAA title, and Chicago a strong base for the future. Do you think he would buy that logic? Neither do I! Bottom line is Toews should do what he feel is best for him and either way he will win.

It would be nice if Toews stays another year at UND to give Chicago one more top-end pick. Let's face it, with or without Toews they aren't going to be great, but if he stays away they might get another top 3 pick. If they add a nice player in this year's draft and another next year, they have the makings of a really nice squad that could contend for awhile, providing they draft wisely. I think Pittsburgh will be contenders every year now with their nice drafts of Crosby, Malkin and Staal. I guess what I am saying is Toews could really set his teams up nicely, both UND and Chicago by staying another year, giving UND a great chance at an NCAA title, and Chicago a strong base for the future. Do you think he would buy that logic? Neither do I! Bottom line is Toews should do what he feel is best for him and either way he will win.

Interesting thoughts. I would modify the last statement in one way. Toews should do what will provide him with the best experience. The money will always be there, and he will live a life of privilege regardless of what he does next year. If his college experience makes him the happiest, he should feel no rush to give it up. If he really wants more than anything else the challenge of a higher level, I have no doubt he is ready. I would love to see him go out as a champion, though.

Interesting thoughts. I would modify the last statement in one way. Toews should do what will provide him with the best experience. The money will always be there, and he will live a life of privilege regardless of what he does next year. If his college experience makes him the happiest, he should feel no rush to give it up. If he really wants more than anything else the challenge of a higher level, I have no doubt he is ready. I would love to see him go out as a champion, though.

That, and I would think it's unlikely his presence next year would have THAT much impact on where Chicago ends up in the following draft.

I think his teammates at Canada may have a significant influence. He may ask them what their opinions are and they actually may tell them how much of a "job" it is to play in the NHL and convince him to come back.

Who am I kidding tho....

Feel free to insert this into the "my sister's boyfriend's cousin's hairdresser" category, but my son-in-law heard this week from a buddy of his who apparently ran into a "former Sioux hockey player who is wired" that Toews is coming back (he's in "the pact"), and that Brian Lee is gone.

I'm just passing on what I heard folks.

Feel free to insert this into the "my sister's boyfriend's cousin's hairdresser" category, but my son-in-law heard this week from a buddy of his who apparently ran into a "former Sioux hockey player who is wired" that Toews is coming back (he's in "the pact"), and that Brian Lee is gone.

i hear ya, sucks to post things like this because your helpless when it comes to "source" or "who exactly told ya" and so on and so on.....................

i hear ya, sucks to post things like this because your helpless when it comes to "source" or "who exactly told ya" and so on and so on.....................

News just in:

I have a source close to the team that told me Eric Fabian and Chris Porter are gone. Sorry to break the news. :D

i wonder how many hockey players go on to hairdressing? :D

i wonder how many hockey players go on to hairdressing? :D

very few, but they do actually go to the hairdresser. my cousin used to cut jpar's hair. my only question is if he is wired has he considered decaf? :)

just joking. seriously, would be great if Jonny comes back, if Brian leaves I sincerely hope it is not because of the fans. either way, best of luck to them.