SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it the end of a penalty kill shift, and wasn't he having to come across the entire ice? I don't think he was dogging it, no way. You can't play competitive hockey your whole life and not give it up in the NCAAs. It was a great spring a guy play by BC, a fresh set of legs going 100% to a vacant area of the ice, it is the same thing Michigan did to us early. Minnesota did it too with the Wheeler goal and attempted to do it more. Try spring a fast skater by passing the puck to an open area rather than an open man. There is no way to cover a great homerun style pass, especially when you're shorthanded. Not his fault. Penalties not Finley's fault or Porter's fault or Fabian's fault. It is just hockey. They are a team, a family, and they win and lose as one. Penalties are part of the game, penalty kills seem to be never ending and your legs feel like rubber at the end of a semi-final game. Not the fault of anybody, coaches, conditioning, refs, or players. it was a good, tough game. BC made the plays that they needed to in order to play one more day. They had the jump, they played their style, and they beat us. The many calls on physical play clearly took us off our game. Too many parallels to the MN game at the X to count. Tough loss, we'll see them again.

How much heat is Lee taking? I sincerely doubt that he spends his time reading posts on this website. He is a good young player who needs to develop. Clearly the scouts saw something special in him in order to invest a first round pick. I can't see him leaving because he doesn't like criticism. Seems silly. He has to have a thicker skin than that.

I doubt he sits on his computer fishing for insults aswell, but their are many other ways to know that people dont like you very much. Word travels fast, especially when your a player for the premiere sports team in North Dakota.

Lee took way too much crap this year. When I went to Bemidji, there was a guy sitting in front of me who wouldn't stop ripping Lee. It didn't matter if he made a nice play, he still sucked. It was all luck. Brian Lee was the worst hockey player in the history of the world.

Then there is how Lee is treated compared to other players. Only Finley got a fraction of the criticism that Lee took. I remember a game this year where Genoway was absolutely terrible. Worse than anything Lee has been in his two years here, no one said anything though because Genoway isn't Brian Lee. If it had been Lee out there playing like crap, people would have been forming a lynch mob by the first intermission and storming the bench/locker room by the second intermission. But since it was Genoway, it was oh well.

It's freaking ridiculous the way people talk about and put him down. There is criticism of a player and then there is irrational hatred of a player. There seem to be a good number of Sioux fans who actually hate Brian Lee. He's a hockey player for people's favorite team and when he plays poorly some people act like he murdered their entire family with an axe. :silly:

Lee took way too much crap this year. When I went to Bemidji, there was a guy sitting in front of me who wouldn't stop ripping Lee. It didn't matter if he made a nice play, he still sucked. It was all luck. Brian Lee was the worst hockey player in the history of the world.

Then there is how Lee is treated compared to other players. Only Finley got a fraction of the criticism that Lee took. I remember a game this year where Genoway was absolutely terrible. Worse than anything Lee has been in his two years here, no one said anything though because Genoway isn't Brian Lee. If it had been Lee out there playing like crap, people would have been forming a lynch mob by the first intermission and storming the bench/locker room by the second intermission. But since it was Genoway, it was oh well.

It's freaking ridiculous the way people talk about and put him down. There is criticism of a player and then there is irrational hatred of a player. There seem to be a good number of Sioux fans who actually hate Brian Lee. He's a hockey player for people's favorite team and when he plays poorly some people act like he murdered their entire family with an axe. :silly:

That's probably the same guy that constantly rips on Brian Lee in Section 105. It really gets old. Not surprisingly, the guy is usually half in the bag. :lol:

That's probably the same guy that constantly rips on Brian Lee in Section 105. It really gets old. Not surprisingly, the guy is usually half in the bag. :sad:

Yeah, but I bet he played high school hockey, so he's ... an "expert" or something. :lol::silly:

That's probably the same guy that constantly rips on Brian Lee in Section 105. It really gets old. Not surprisingly, the guy is usually half in the bag. :lol:

At least its not the guys from Section 303. :sad:

I was hoping if Lee didn't play up to expectations he would maybe stick around another year and develop a little more. I suppose he would get that development in the AHL too. I've heard he is very arrogant, which might be why people don't like him... not sure if that's true or not. It would be a bummer to see him go.

I agree think Lee took way too much criticism this year and I think will be missed next year if he does leave. I think he had the talent to become a very dominant offensive defenseman here where when on the power play he could have had a shot that people feared when he touched the puck ala vanelli or carle last year. I just wish he wouldn't have been so tenative at times and just come up and take a shot.

theres a difference, when its genoway or lee. lee is expected to be top notch. remember, he was a first round draft pick, genoway is not, and when that happens, you have somewhat of a hype to live up to. lee hasnt lived up to it, and in my opinion shouldnt have even been drafted the way hes played since he has been here.

theres a difference, when its genoway or lee. lee is expected to be top notch. remember, he was a first round draft pick, genoway is not, and when that happens, you have somewhat of a hype to live up to. lee hasnt lived up to it, and in my opinion shouldnt have even been drafted the way hes played since he has been here.

You're right, there is a difference and Lee hasn't been as good as he could be. But he also isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make it sound. If you listen to all the Lee Haters you'd think the only difference between him and Hitler is that Hitler had a mustache.

Like him or not, he is part of the Fighting Sioux hockey family and deserves our respect and best wishes. He certainly has accomplished more on the ice than I ever did. Back to TJ, who it is agreed that everybody likes; he has great hand skills and is very strong out there. It is a different world going into a corner with Chris Pronger or Brandon Shannahan or Keith Tkachuk. TJ is strong, but those guys are beasts. I personally think for his own development he should play one more year in the WCHA, put on ten more pounds and get ready to deal with the big boys in 2008-2009

Like him or not, he is part of the Fighting Sioux hockey family and deserves our respect and best wishes. He certainly has accomplished more on the ice than I ever did. Back to TJ, who it is agreed that everybody likes; he has great hand skills and is very strong out there. It is a different world going into a corner with Chris Pronger or Brandon Shannahan or Keith Tkachuk. TJ is strong, but those guys are beasts. I personally think for his own development he should play one more year in the WCHA, put on ten more pounds and get ready to deal with the big boys in 2008-2009

how about 2009-2010 :silly:

I've heard from a very reliable source that lee is as good as gone. They say that reasons are he is sick of being ridiculed for being such a high draft pick and not performing well enough.

If this is, indeed, true, I feel badly for Brian, and I am sad that Fighting Sioux "fans" have driven a wonderful young man out of college hockey. I'll not get back on my soapbox about Brian; you all know I think the world of him as a player and as a person. I am horrified, however, if he leaves because of the "fans".

If this is, indeed, true, I feel badly for Brian, and I am sad that Fighting Sioux "fans" have driven a wonderful young man out of college hockey. I'll not get back on my soapbox about Brian; you all know I think the world of him as a player and as a person. I am horrified, however, if he leaves because of the "fans".

I have also heard that lee is as good as gone and i dont blame him he takes soo much criticism here i would leave but on the other hand he could come back and prove all the skepticks wrong

I like Lee. He's not flashy, he's not a rabble rouser, he's not a hulking brute but I thought that the majority of the time he got the job done.

It's unfortunate that some fans decided to focus their own frustrations on Lee. Many of our players had down sides this year. How many posts complain about T.J. being snake bit? How many posts wondered if Towes wasn't experiencing a 'sophmore' slump? How many posts prayed that the Finley would get called up? Kozek, Fabian, Porter, etc. all had criticisms from the fans. It sure wasn't a total love fest this year for anyone except Duncan.

If Lee leaves, I hope it's because he and his family believe that moving now is the thing to do. I find it hard to believe that Lee is basing his decision to move because of disgruntled fans. There are dozens of reasons to turn pro, i.e. money, fear of injury, your team decides they want you NOW, getting away from a bad situation personal or professional, etc. I hope the players that leave or stay do it because it's in their best interest to do so.

My family had the privilege of an invitation into the parents' locker room after one of the Duluth games last Feb. We got to meet some of the players and Joe Finley and Brian Lee were easily the most cordial. Lee had a big smile on his face the entire time while he was signing my son's jersey, talking to me about Digger Anderson and cajoling with the rest of the players. If, as someone said, none of the other players like him, that contrasts with what I saw.

I think much of what's being said in his regard is pure speculation with a dose of hogwash mixed in. It seems there are an awful lot of people who suddenly have "reliable sources." I frankly don't see Lee or any other player moving on simply because of what a few lard-headed fans have said or think. When you're gifted enough to play at the DI college level, you move on because it's time to do so and you believe it's the best move in order to develop as a player. Sit back, relax, and don't get too worked up by what you read on this or any other message board. We're used to players leaving early and no doubt the same thing is going to happen again. If Brian Lee does leave early, I will miss his play on the PP. I'm sure the coaches and the other players will miss him as well. Like every other player on the team, he made mistakes, but he held the point better than anyone else (in my opinion) and generally knew what he was going to do with the puck before it ever got to him.

If Lee leaves, I hope it's because he and his family believe that moving now is the thing to do. I find it hard to believe that Lee is basing his decision to move because of disgruntled fans.

I have to agree with you. I doubt a player is going to leave college because of Message board talk and grumblings in the stands if that was the case Bill Bunkner would have committed suicide after the 1986 world series.

Lee would be a HUGE loss if he decides to leave early. Those on this message board that have consistently ripped Lee know little to nothing about hockey. The kid played very well for a sophmore in the toughest conference in the country. Hak consistently used him on the PP and the penalty kill. If he comes back I predict he will become a real offensive threat from the point.

I hope he returns next year but will wish him well if he decides to start his pro career.

I think much of what's being said in his regard is pure speculation with a dose of hogwash mixed in. It seems there are an awful lot of people who suddenly have "reliable sources."

I wasn't on the board for a couple of days and when I started reading this thread, I thought I had happened on some rag like the National Enquirer!! :lol:

Mayhap all that's said here is true. I think I'll wait to hear from the player or his family before I believe someone is leaving or staying regardless of who heard it from the horse's/moose's mouth, who is sleeping with whom, who overheard it in the john or who heard it from the bartender at Judy's. :silly:

Personally, I'm going to keep thinking everyone except the seniors will be returning next fall. A girl can dream can't she?!? :sad:

I wasn't on the board for a couple of days and when I started reading this thread, I thought I had happened on some rag like the National Enquirer!! :lol:

Mayhap all that's said here is true. I think I'll wait to hear from the player or his family before I believe someone is leaving or staying regardless of who heard it from the horse's/moose's mouth, who is sleeping with whom, who overheard it in the john or who heard it from the bartender at Judy's. :silly:

Personally, I'm going to keep thinking everyone except the seniors will be returning next fall. A girl can dream can't she?!? :sad:

yes you can, I have the same dreams. but hope I don't wake up to a nightmare. ;)

ok, I have read those posts that Lee is leaving because of what people are saying on message boards. And to that, I respond that the hockey players don't sit around and read message boards to see what people are saying about them. There are a few who will do it for a few laughs or to thank the fans aka Prpich. The boys have more things to do with their lives than to read our rantings. Best of Luck to any of them who sign and to those thinking about it...please don't because you will want your degree.