SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know for sure he is staying or are you just guessing?

to add to that, i talked to oshies dad before the final game in the final five and the way it sounded, was he was sticking around. that could have been totally misread by me, but thats what i thought it sounded like.

You are correct......there is no such thing as a one way contract for rookies under the new CBA.

That's what I thought. As

I remember Kessel saying he didn't want to play in the Minors and Kessel signed for the Rookie max which is 850,000 which he ended up staying in the NHL all season except for the time he did his rehab stint.

absolutely......100% osh is gonna be in the lineup next fall......now breathe and crack a cold one!.....I'm going to the Brewery in about 5! :D

Can you stand by that statement. I of all people would wish it to be true. :silly:

That's what I thought. As

I remember Kessel saying he didn't want to play in the Minors and Kessel signed for the Rookie max which is 850,000 which he ended up staying in the NHL all season except for the time he did his rehab stint.

Kessel was going to team that had no offense to speak off anyway.....so chances were pretty good that he would stay up the entire season.

Toews told the Blackhawks that if they planned on sending him down for any amount of time, he would prefer to return to UND, which is the reason he was never offered a contract last summer. I expect that will change shortly.

I think with Oshie, it's a bit of different deal. St. Louis will for sure sign EJ, so it becomes a question of how many teen-agers they want to go into next season with, plus it may depend on who they end up drafting this year. May actually know a little more about that later this afternoon.

i dont know if this means anything or not, but oshie removed his profile from facebook which could indicate something is happening...aka hes probably leaving.

That happened at least a couple of months ago. Doesn't mean a thing.

Can you stand by that statement. I of all people would wish it to be true. :silly:

It would certainly ease the pain from last night. I talked with TJ's dad after the St Cloud game @ the WCHA Final Five...he said he was a school teacher and would love TJ to stay in school...he seemed to give the impression that he was going to stick around. He also said that Johnny(Toews) was gone. I think Taylor Chorney is a big concern...Taylor didn't have his best game last night, but he without a doubt is a fantastic player. Should be an interesting off season.

It would certainly ease the pain from last night. I talked with TJ's dad after the St Cloud game @ the WCHA Final Five...he said he was a school teacher and would love TJ to stay in school...he seemed to give the impression that he was going to stick around. He also said that Johnny(Toews) was gone. I think Taylor Chorney is a big concern...Taylor didn't have his best game last night, but he without a doubt is a fantastic player. Should be an interesting off season.

According to Chorney's dad he is not ready for the pros. I am hoping that he listens to his father.

According to Chorney's dad he is not ready for the pros. I am hoping that he listens to his father.

When your dad tells you to stay, after your dad has been through the same thing you have, usually you listen to him.

I predict Chorney wears the "C" next season.

When your dad tells you to stay, after your dad has been through the same thing you have, usually you listen to him.

I predict Chorney wears the "C" next season.

Taylor would be a great captain.

Marc is an avid Sioux hockey fan, besides being one of the best players to play for the Sioux. I'm sure he'll explain to Taylor how important your college days are and that there will be plenty of time for pro hockey...developing your skills at UND another year certainly makes you a better player.

Toews and Oshie in the mix for captain? Wow glass is half full, eh? Toews is gone for sure. His performance in the shootout alone at the WJC had Chicago salivating.

Speaking of the WJC, Chorney wore the C their for his country as the leader of the best teenage american hockey players. If he could wear it for the red, white and blue, he can wear it for the green, white and black.

7>4, are you talking about Parise about 1,970 years ago?

JC, JP, what's the difference?

It appears that the glass half full approach is working. Oshie on board, Chorney on board. Can JT be far behind?