SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I am thinking: Let's move TJ back to center, we gotta keep TJ and Duncs together, whoever plays on that off wing could have a breakout year, maybe Kozek?? He has disappointed a little for a second round draft pick, maybe if we play him with the top line and give him more ice time he will live up to the billing.

I think that the Dutchman and Watkins should also remain together, maybe throw Zajac Jr on that line and see what he can do.

I like Kaip anchoring the third line, put Miller on one wing.

Trupp and Hextall will be coming, Forney will be healthy.

Hold your head up Sioux fans all is not lost! According to "The Source" the Osh will return to play his junior year for Fighting Sioux, with a formation of pact a possibility! :silly:

Is the Source Good.

The problem for free agents is that they have no leverage to keep them out of the AHL. Toews will be offered a one-way contract to Chicago and will get the league max for a rookie. He will have no incentive whatsoever to stay at UND. Stanley Cup or MacNaughton? hmmm tough one there.

Oshie is an interesting question. If he gets offered a one-way deal, he'll go too. I am pretty sure St Louis will make him the same sweetie pie deal. So, he will be gone too.

Where we are especially vulnerable is at D. If Chorney turns pro we are in a world of hurt for next year.

I just want to keep the defensive corps together. Let them mature another year. Chorney became a bonafide superstar back there this year. Lee was a bit inconsistent, but I bet he's been injured or something. Finley has improved by leaps andd bounds. Genoway shows potential, Jones Jr has gotten a lot better since last season, and Bina really became a key player this year too. I am worried that Big Joe will turn pro, because of the ticky tac penalty callig he gets against him in this league. I am sorry if he is a foot taller than some guys, where is he supposed to put his elbows?

All the powers are going to keep losing the top talent forwards after 2 years, so what we need to do is to keep and build defensemen and role player forwards.

Stanley Cup and Blackhawks, ahh no. If Toews wants to win a championshipship next year he will return to the Sioux where he can go for a 3rd gold at the WJC's and have a very good chance to win a national championship all in the same year. What's more important to him playing int he NHL and making a buck or winning a champioship(s)

i dont know if this means anything or not, but oshie removed his profile from facebook which could indicate something is happening...aka hes probably leaving.

i just dont understand how teams hold onto big time players. hensick, 4 years. boyle, 4 years. it sucks when those institutions are holding onto their great players, and were losing them their sophomore years. yeah theyre drafted high, i realize that but it just confuses me that we seem to lose the bulk of everyone before they even get into their third year.

He removed his profile a few months ago... Which would be really scary if he knew then?

formation of a pact?

I am thinking by the ward PACT he is saying some certain players may have made agreement between each other to stay and make a run of a title. It would be kind of like The Gators did last year when they won the National Title. They all agreed if they won the title noone could leave and go for back to back which they did. I am hoping this is really true...

Toews - gone (Nothing left to accomplish)

Oshie - gone (Time to make some money)

Duncan - stays (May never get a chance to go)

Chorney - stays (Gone next year)

Finley - gone (Hard time playing within the confinement of College Hockey)

Lee - stays (Gone next year)

Thinking with my head, not my heart. :silly:

Toews-Gone

Oshie-Stays

Duncan- Gone if he wins hobey, stays if he doesn't

Chorney-Stays

Finley-Stays

Lee- Gone

As for the facebook thing the team was told to either remove pics of them with alcohol or get rid of facebook all together. Most college teams are starting that policy.

Toews-Gone

Oshie-Stays

Duncan- Gone if he wins hobey, stays if he doesn't

Chorney-Stays

Finley-Stays

Lee- Gone

As for the facebook thing the team was told to either remove pics of them with alcohol or get rid of facebook all together. Most college teams are starting that policy.

Lee gone? I can't imagine seeing him leave. He is not ready to turn pro yet. This year he's been inconsistent at best. He's shown some signs of being a great Defenseman but other times looks like he's still playing high school hockey. I think he'll stay another year at the very least.

Lee gone? I can't imagine seeing him leave. He is not ready to turn pro yet. This year he's been inconsistent at best. He's shown some signs of being a great Defenseman but other times looks like he's still playing high school hockey. I think he'll stay another year at the very least.

I believe he will go play in the AHL next year. Why would he stay in a system that doesn't seem to be improving him any and in a place that a large part of the fan base doesn't seem to like him? I hope he stays he played very well in the NCAA tourny. I hope they all stay, but that is just my opinion on it.

Hold your head up Sioux fans all is not lost! According to "The Source" the Osh will return to play his junior year for Fighting Sioux, with a formation of pact a possibility! :silly:

call me skeptical but I don't trust any player at this time of year and won't believe anything until I see players with my own two eyes in the lineup next fall. especially after last year's garbage of players saying I'm staying and then a few days later bolting.

I heard from my brother's friend's sister's boyfriend who has an uncle who is friends with someone who works with one of oshie's parents. Apparently he is going to come back for his junior year. Supposedly, the campus is just too "beautiful" in the fall to not come back another year. :silly:

call me skeptical but I don't trust any player at this time of year and won't believe anything until I see players with my own two eyes in the lineup next fall. especially after last year's garbage of players saying I'm staying and then a few days later bolting.

Exactly, Jpar said he was going to stay another year but then off he goes.

I believe he will go play in the AHL next year. Why would he stay in a system that doesn't seem to be improving him any and in a place that a large part of the fan base doesn't seem to like him? I hope he stays he played very well in the NCAA tourny. I hope they all stay, but that is just my opinion on it.

A good take. There are very few posters here that can compliment Lee even if he does do things right and does contribute. If I'm not mistaken.... isn't he either 2nd or 3rd on the team in scoring defense? Certainly among the leading defensemen in assists.

A good take. There are very few posters here that can compliment Lee even if he does do things right and does contribute. If I'm not mistaken.... isn't he either 2nd or 3rd on the team in scoring defense? Certainly among the leading defensemen in assists.

Yeah, he is third in point for defensemen behind Bina and Chorney, and second in plus minus for defensemen behind Bina. I really thought he played the best defense of all the Sioux defensemen in the NCAA tourny, but he did struggle at times during the season.

Yeah, he is third in point for defensemen behind Bina and Chorney, and second in plus minus for defensemen behind Bina. I really thought he played the best defense of all the Sioux defensemen in the NCAA tourny, but he did struggle at times during the season.

We had a number of guys who struggled at times this season.....Lee was very close to signing with Ottawa after last season.

Lee played very well in the regional last night's game was not a good effort by Brian.

I just hope he doesn't have night mares about it. The open net goal was a horrible play.

Such is life it wasn't meant to be last night anyways.

I heard that Chicago wanted Toews to sign last night and have him play in the final two games for them. He said no.

Doesn't mean he is staying, probably just means that it was bad timing and that he doesn't want to rush the decision right after his season ended.