SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

If no d leave we will have a major overload.

i say lee and chorney leave and blood and lapoint come in with genoway,bina,finley and jones then marto will be the odd d man out and not sure what the hell to do with radke...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know that goon, and some people are full of sh$#...also ottawa may believe he may develop better in the AHL, ya never know

I am full of something and I would almost be willing to bet that Lee will be back next season wearing the number 22 and playing on the blue line.

i say lee and chorney leave and blood and lapoint come in with genoway,bina,finley and jones then marto will be the odd d man out and not sure what the hell to do with radke...

Unless both Lee and CHorney leave, I can't see Blood coming in 2007

Please be gone. He can't play!!!!!!!!

Yes, BIG Joe has made some bad/non plays since he first joined the Sioux two years ago as a 17 year old. But, who has improved more than Joe in the last two years. He's 10 times better now, than he was 18 months ago. Hopefully Joe will stick around and dominate on D next season.

Yes, BIG Joe has made some bad/non plays since he first joined the Sioux two years ago as a 17 year old. But, who has improved more than Joe in the last two years. He's 10 times better now, than he was 18 months ago. Hopefully Joe will stick around and dominate on D next season.

I agree. He's played amazing second halfs his first two years. Like Matt Smaby. But haters like coach daddy probably don't see that.

Noth worth really arguing over.

I've heard from a very reliable source that lee is as good as gone. They say that he is sick of being ridiculed by UND, and hopes to sign and start a new chapter in his life in the AHL. Even though I think he has alot of potential, I'm not having a hard time with this one.

When guys from the other team head to the bench when you step on for a shift, because they don't want the crushing hit and the plus/minus minus that they know are coming with you for them, then you're dominant. Then you're ready for another level.

Until then, you're just another guy who can play at this level.

I've heard from a very reliable source that lee is as good as gone. They say that he is sick of being ridiculed by UND, and hopes to sign and start a new chapter in his life in the AHL. Even though I think he has alot of potential, I'm not having a hard time with this one.

Ridiculed by UND?

I've heard from a very reliable source that lee is as good as gone. They say that reasons are he is sick of being ridiculed for being such a high draft pick and not performing well enough. He wants to sign with the AHL and hopefully improve his game there. Im not having such a hard time facing reality here on this one. I dont really know what he expects. Athletes get ridiculed all the time in every sport on every level. It's not like hes the first person to be ridiculed by his own fans. Oh well if you ask me I dont think he really fit our system anyways and hopefully finds something better for himself elsewhere.

I suspect that should have said, " ... some UND fans ... "

Assuming that this is true, the scrutiny one would receive playing in the system of the NHL team that plays in Canada's capital, is going to be FAR GREATER than any criticism that can be dished out by fans of a college hockey team. If he can't handle the heat on this message board or the banter from crowds in NCAA arenas, I guess 'good luck'? :silly:

It would be unfortunate if that is what chases Lee to the pro ranks.

While I'm not against being critical of a player that makes mistakes, it's one thing to point out mistakes and it's another to scapegoat a player, which is what Lee has become for some, IMO.

If he goes, I believe we will miss him this year.

It's been said before, but these kids are just that, kids. It's got to be difficult to live up to the type of passionate praise and unbridled criticism that many of us fans heap on our athletes.

Again, I'm not saying that a player who makes a mistake can't be identified, but there's a difference between evaluation and judgement.

Assuming that this is true, the scrutiny one would receive playing in the system of the NHL team that plays in Canada's capital, is going to be FAR GREATER than any criticism that can be dished out by fans of a college hockey team. If he can't handle the heat on this message board or the banter from crowds in NCAA arenas, I guess 'good luck'? :silly:

No kidding. Canadian fans are way more intense.

thats kinda what i was thinking myself :lol:

How much heat is Lee taking? I sincerely doubt that he spends his time reading posts on this website. He is a good young player who needs to develop. Clearly the scouts saw something special in him in order to invest a first round pick. I can't see him leaving because he doesn't like criticism. Seems silly. He has to have a thicker skin than that.

How much heat is Lee taking? I sincerely doubt that he spends his time reading posts on this website. He is a good young player who needs to develop. Clearly the scouts saw something special in him in order to invest a first round pick. I can't see him leaving because he doesn't like criticism. Seems silly. He has to have a thicker skin than that.

Bingo, I think some of the heat he take is warranted also. There is no doubt about it that he is talented but the effort to get back down the ice on Thursday night was mind boggeling.