SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mavericks

siouxnami

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had some time to relax now following the game, and I guess I'm not too disappointed with the weekend. 3 out of 4 points is good. Mankato has always played us tough at home, and tonight was no different. They had a lot to prove as a team after last night's loss, and they proved it tonight. However, I don't think it's going to hurt us. The DOT line is rolling, and we're a pretty healthy team right now. We're coming off a bye week, so there was bound to be some rust. Let's put it behind us and get ready for next weekend.

Actually Denver is 5-4-1 in their last 10... including losses to

Minnesota

UMD

St. Cloud

Michigan Tech

Basically... UND needs to work their A$$es off the rest of the way, BUT it's not too crazy to ask 4-2 in the next 6.

However, playing to not lose will mean losses against every other team UND plays. The performance tonight was lackadaisical and uninspired. Hak will work them hard this week.

But will half a bottle be enough for tomorrow? Wait, it's still Saturday night, you throw out a hale Mary, a couple Our Fathers work the beads for 10 minutes and you got yourself a mass! You can sleep in tomorrow morning. :sad:

Cool!!! I'll tell HIM you said it was ok. :angry:

I thought we looked decent in the first period, and it all went downhill after that. We came out with no spark, no intensity in the second or the third period. Not trying to pass the blame, but I believe that Fabian is A LOT bigger part of the team than we might think he is. I really don't know what happened at the end of the third, I was too busy being pissed!!! This is definitly another tie that feels like a loss. We have got to find the spark again!!!

I think we should blame Lee.

OK, seriously, we missed him more than Mankato missed any of their thugs. Lee logs a TON of ice time, nearly all of it against the other team's top players, powerplay, PK. I think that last two minutes plays out differently with Lee on the ice.

I'm more than a little puzzled by a lot of what happened in the last 2 minutes, including line choices and that we didn't use our timeout so that Oshie-Toews could get a breather while killing off the last :30.

Probably what happened is that Hakstol realized that our PWR is helped by keeping MSU in the top 25, so we gave them one point on purpose. Yeah, that's it. ...

That game was LAME!!! I'm pissed!!!

After the team 'let up', we didn't deserve to win. We blew that kind of lead to a few landcows! Seriously. If this team plans on going further into the season they better plan on giving a whole 60 min.(like toews did) I could tell Toews was really pissed, putting his heart and soul into the game and then coming out less than short at the end. We didnt need to win 8-0 but we did need the win. A tie is a loss after the way we played in the first, so lets hope that they come out next weekend and get a total of 10 or more goals. GO SIOUX!

I think we should blame Lee.

OK, seriously, we missed him more than Mankato missed any of their thugs. Lee logs a TON of ice time, nearly all of it against the other team's top players, powerplay, PK. I think that last two minutes plays out differently with Lee on the ice.

I'm more than a little puzzled by a lot of what happened in the last 2 minutes, including line choices and that we didn't use our timeout so that Oshie-Toews could get a breather while killing off the last :30.

Probably what happened is that Hakstol realized that our PWR is helped by keeping MSU in the top 25, so we gave them one point on purpose. Yeah, that's it. ...

Are you ill? :sad: Lee and Finley have singlehandedly accounted for maybe 8 of the Sioux's 11 losses! The other 3 being blamed on bad penalties and Phil.

Lee sucks. He should get signed now. :angry:

Seriously though, I tuned in with about 2 minutes left in the game. The Mavs scored two goals in that time period. It reminded me of a game a few years back against Northeastern in Boston. We had a 3 goal lead in that game (I believe we lost to BC the night before) and then it was 3-1, 3-2, 3-3... tie. Collapse complete.

That was abyssmal.

That point was lost to us because we couldn't win a single faceoff with less than 2 minutes left in the game! We win one, we sweep the Mavs!

OT was, save one point, just playing for the tie for us. The Mavs actually tried to win the game in the third period and OT. Not a good performance tonight from what little I heard.

Seriously though, I tuned in with about 2 minutes left in the game. The Mavs scored two goals in that time period. It reminded me of a game a few years back against Northeastern in Boston. We had a 3 goal lead in that game (I believe we lost to BC the night before) and then it was 3-1, 3-2, 3-3... tie. Collapse complete.

I'm glad you didn't tune in any earlier.... :angry:

Actually, it was 73 seconds. You guys have by far the more talented club. Now that we're done with you for the season, I'll be pulling for you the rest of the way.

We will do likewise, as long as you don't come back up here for the first round. I don't care who we play as long as it aint you or UW. I love to watch the series but I would rather not let you have the chance to finish what you almost did last year.

Does anyone know waht this tie does to us in the Pairwise? Thanks

Because so many teams tied yesterday it wasn't so bad as the Sioux dropped from the three way tie for 6th and are now alone at 8. The tie did help MSU remain a TUC which is good. Now they need to go up and sweep Alaska.

Actually, it was 73 seconds. You guys have by far the more talented club. Now that we're done with you for the season, I'll be pulling for you the rest of the way.

Talent yes, consistancy, not enough. There was a good turnout of mavs fans last night. Ill be pulling for us the rest of the way too :angry:

But thank you also :sad:

Um because it will help us a ton in the PWR ranking if Mankato does well?

Vermont losing last night really helped. I think some of the teams that were ranked so high early in the season are tanking.

A few more wins and I believe UND will have played them selves into the NCAA tourney.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but if my understanding of Pairwise is correct, the Saturday tie with Mankato was ideal for the Sioux. A win would've knocked the Mavs out of the TUC category, and all the UND wins against the landcows would've been for naught. Now cheer for Mankato to win out (unless they play the Sioux again, that is).

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but if my understanding of Pairwise is correct, the Saturday tie with Mankato was ideal for the Sioux. A win would've knocked the Mavs out of the TUC category, and all the UND wins against the landcows would've been for naught. Now cheer for Mankato to win out (unless they play the Sioux again, that is).

thats a way we can look at it but i dont think they will end up as a tuc, maybe though.....do we cheer for BC (makes me puke if so) in the overrated beanpot tonight vs BU? since BU is 1 spot behind us and BC is a few spots? gracias...

thats a way we can look at it but i dont think they will end up as a tuc, maybe though.....do we cheer for BC (makes me puke if so) in the overrated beanpot tonight vs BU? since BU is 1 spot behind us and BC is a few spots? gracias...

Overrated Beanpot is right. I heard whispers that next year, Elk River and Holy Angels Academy will take the place of Harvard and Northeastern.

Cheer for BC? Cmon, AZSIOUX, you know better than that. I hate BC just about as much as Minny. In fact, here's a snippet of a conversation with a friend of mine from a few years ago when I was cheering for Maine against Goldy in the 2002 title game. I pretty much feel the same way about BC whenever I see them playing...

Friend: Scott, you've lived here for 10 years...how can you not cheer for the Gophers as a second-favorite team.

Scott: Kenny, let me put it to you this way. If the Soviet Olympic team from 1980 was reunited for a game against the Gophers, I'd sit proudly in the stands wearing my CCCP jersey and screaming my head off for the communists.

Friend: Wow, you really hate the Gophers, huh?

Scott: Yep.

Like I said, I feel pretty much the same way about BC.

Overrated Beanpot is right. I heard whispers that next year, Elk River and Holy Angels Academy will take the place of Harvard and Northeastern.

Cheer for BC? Cmon, AZSIOUX, you know better than that. I hate BC just about as much as Minny. In fact, here's a snippet of a conversation with a friend of mine from a few years ago when I was cheering for Maine against Goldy in the 2002 title game. I pretty much feel the same way about BC whenever I see them playing...

Friend: Scott, you've lived here for 10 years...how can you not cheer for the Gophers as a second-favorite team.

Scott: Kenny, let me put it to you this way. If the Soviet Olympic team from 1980 was reunited for a game against the Gophers, I'd sit proudly in the stands wearing my CCCP jersey and screaming my head off for the communists.

Friend: Wow, you really hate the Gophers, huh?

Scott: Yep.

Like I said, I feel pretty much the same way about BC.

Mafia,

I totally understand. (read tagline)