SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what kind of initial team penalty Bina got, if any, for the DUI? If Greene got a game or two....I don't recall......does anyone remember Robbie sitting out for such things?

no, but greene happened during the season, Bina's happened last summer. If you guys remember a certain player got in trouble earlier this season and we never saw a suspension, so........

Even if Bina is found guilty of a probation violation, they could sentence him to 10 days but they may give him less and you still get to serve 2/3rds and get out early for good behavior. So he'd probably only end up with a couple days and it could be in three months.

If Campion was reffing, Bina would get 3 months.

Well, maybe Bina couldn't drive so Toews and Oshie gave him a ride. They were just looking out for their friend so that he didn't get arrested for DUS. That would be 4 days in jail in a row.

This issue is dead, the media needs to let it die.

Pay your fines and move on.

I hate to say this but Bina deserves to go to jail. He interfered with police work and was on probation. Toews and oshie will be fine. Kids that get minors usually just have a record. Bina is of age and already has a record. I think bina will and should face jail time. Hes just lucky those two didn't get out of the car and run

Way yo go Bina!!!!!!!!! Now thats a great way to ruin the great weekend the Sioux had and the momentum the Sioux were making!!!!!!! ......Good job boys!!!! some jail time should help matters I am sure!!!!!!

??? you are funny, you should worry about uaa and not losing 3 in a row, bina screwed up and should pay for what he did if thats the case, not sugarcoating it at all.....momentum being ruined ;)

Sounds like 10 days is not the limit. That would only be for the DUI after probation is revoked. Could be additional time for the obstruction.

Yeah right! You know how much it costs to keep some one in jail? If sentenced jail time on both charges it will be served simutaneously. I've seen people get 3 and 4 jail sentenced combined into one...for violent crimes not just alcohol related offenses.

no, but greene happened during the season, Bina's happened last summer. If you guys remember a certain player got in trouble earlier this season and we never saw a suspension, so........

who?....lol. Just wondering if Hak even knew about it, or if he did something internally (which must have been minor), or if he would have done more maybe it would have helped.

go bina go what a drunken tool.......

It's been a while since I've even looked on this board. Who the heck is this "Hextall" guy? ;)

Anyway, this really is a non-story. Underage drinking in college happened yesterday and it's happening today and it's going to happen tomorrow and it's going to continue until the mentality around alcohol among college students dramatically changes. The only thing that really does change is whether or not you get caught, so it 's not news that this kind of thing goes on.

While the Bina part of it is news, he's not OJ. He did make a bad decision, but seriously we're talking about a misdemeanor with a possible punishment 10 days. That's it. I've seen far worse that did not draw the attention of TV news cameras. Granted because Bina has celebrity, people are going to notice more, but seriously it just only needs a 1-2 minute segment to say what happened and what lies ahead.

I doubt very much that Bina will get the 10 days in jail. Being part of a DI program opens up options for reformative punishments that do not involve major disruptions in day-to-day life. Being a Sioux hockey player who had just fought his way back from a frightening injury has a lot kids in the region looking up to him, so he could speak to some of them about not drinking and driving with the "I made a mistake and I'm telling you so you don't do the same" speech. We saw it with John Scott at Michigan Tech and I can only assume something similar sans the suspension occurred after the Blarney's incident in Minneapolis as Don Lucia and the Minnesota coaching staff chose not to make the punishments public.

Bina could sit out a couple of games, but I don't think it's necessary.

Some of my compatriots, who where the word 'hate' is not an exaggeration, are delighted about the bad light being cast upon your program, but don't let them get under your skin. At the very least, do let them know they're getting under your skin. It only emboldens them.

Now that you've gotten a taste of what we went through over the Blarney's thing (I will not start or get drawn into a debate on which one is 'worse'), I'll let you in on a little secret: This may be a non-story, but the Media is after anything that'll keep people talking and raise their ratings. Seeing a 25-page thread on this subject encourages them to dig into this deeper and inflate it to way bigger than it is. Settle down about it and they'll go away a lot faster.

Bina will get something from the DA, but if the little we hear so far is accurate, I it will probably be light--less than 10. BUT, whatever the punishment is, it should be no more or no less severe than a regular schmuck in that situation would get.

Bina will get something from the DA, but if the little we hear so far is accurate, I it will probably be light--less than 10. BUT, whatever the punishment is, it should be no more or no less severe than a regular schmuck in that situation would get.

I put money on it that he only serves a weekend...or in jail terms, 3 days.

I put money on it that he only serves a weekend...or in jail terms, 3 days.

There is a little pressure on the DA and judge on this one. The offense which will probably lead to revocation of probation is, indirectly, alcohol related, and the original offense was a DUI. I don't know about GF County, but courts are taking a pretty stern view of alcohol related offenses, and they can't be seen as pulling any punches due to his status. I hope his punishment is quick and fair so Robbie can move on, lesson learned.

Way yo go Bina!!!!!!!!! Now thats a great way to ruin the great weekend the Sioux had and the momentum the Sioux were making!!!!!!! ......Good job boys!!!! some jail time should help matters I am sure!!!!!!

Did your parents ever get up the courage to reveal to you which chromosomes you are missing? ???

WOW give the guy a break. Lets not throw him over the bridge yet.

Its not what he did, but how many goals he scores to make up for this.... ???