SiouxSports.com Forum

Something Smells Fishy ...

NanoBison

I don't think NDSU will be adding hockey anytime soon, but after watching how close Bemidji State is to the Sioux the last couple of years after 5 years in Division 1, you may not be that far off.

If NDSU ever does add hockey, They will pump two or three times the resources into the program than Bemidji can. After a couple of years, they probably would give the Sioux a run. I like a third year Blais coached NDSU team to sweep the Sioux in a home and home series over a Hakstol coached Sioux squad.

Heehee. You're funny!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think NDSU will be adding hockey anytime soon, but after watching how close Bemidji State is to the Sioux the last couple of years after 5 years in Division 1, you may not be that far off.

If NDSU ever does add hockey, They will pump two or three times the resources into the program than Bemidji can. After a couple of years, they probably would give the Sioux a run. I like a third year Blais coached NDSU team to sweep the Sioux in a home and home series over a Hakstol coached Sioux squad.

This just shows how much (or little) you know about hockey.

By the way, BSU is 1-13-1 against the Sioux.

Nice try though.

By the way, BSU is 1-13-1 against the Sioux.

Nice try though.

What are they the last two years after BSU has gotten a few years behind them in D1? What is the recent trend in that series? It seems that perhaps Bemidji is gaining on the Sioux. There doesn't seem to be too much of a seperation between the two this year.

What are they the last two years after BSU has gotten a few years behind them in D1? What is the recent trend in that series? It seems that perhaps Bemidji is gaining on the Sioux. There doesn't seem to be too much of a seperation between the two this year.

Apples and Oranges. Bemidji has 5 NCAA Division II Titles in hockey. I'm not exactly sure but it's more than 10 other national titles in NAIA and Club hockey. Quite different than a Division I-AA 'powerhouse' buying a hockey team. One that historically couldn't even beat own their subsidiary in Bottineau for the Club Hockey Championships on a consistent basis.

Bemidji's hockey program has been around for 60 years.....and a National Powerhouse in the NAIA and Division II pretty much from the beginning. I don't have time to sit here and count, but from what I can see they have 13 National Championships.

History

I VERY HIGHLY doubt that NDSU would have a program even close to what Bemidji has or give the Sioux a run for their money in three short years. But then again, everyone should dream.

Bemidji's hockey program has been around for 60 years.....and a National Powerhouse in the NAIA and Division II pretty much from the beginning. I don't have time to sit here and count, but from what I can see they have 13 National Championships.

History

I VERY HIGHLY doubt that NDSU would have a program even close to what Bemidji has or give the Sioux a run for their money in three short years. But then again, everyone should dream.

I agree that NDSU hockey could almost be competitive with UND, and it would only take 60 years or so ...

Bemidji State's one and only victory against UND was in 1970.

huh?

The last few years?

I was talking LIFETIME Matchup, nd1sufan. BSU has beaten UND exactly once regardless of what division they are in or were in in all of the matchups between the two teams.

You're losing the argument.

• 1 month later...

Kupchella says NCAA lawsuit fund won't run out

UND President Charles Kupchella told members of the State Board of Higher Education on Thursday there is no danger of the NCAA litigation fund running short of money before UND completes its lawsuit against the NCAA over the right to retain its Fighting Sioux nickname.

Maybe this will calm the distressed about there not being enough money. No, wait, they don't want the money to be there or they want it spent on something else besides the defense of the Sioux name. :lol:

UND-NCAA LAWSUIT: Legal fund folds

The NCAA Litigation Fund - set up to privately channel money from donors to the North Dakota attorney general's office to fund the Fighting Sioux lawsuit - is in the process of shutting down, according to the UND Alumni Foundation.

In the litigation fund's place, he said, the Foundation has begun accepting contributions in its own segregated account and is using that money to fund UND's lawsuit against the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

This is one of those stories that raises more questions than it answers. It implies that money for the lawsuit has run out, but given Kupchella's comments from a few days ago, that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is one of those stories that raises more questions than it answers. It implies that money for the lawsuit has run out, but given Kupchella's comments from a few days ago, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What's even worse is when you read the headline and the first paragraph and think that the money is all gone. It isn't until the third paragraph of the story that they tell you that it was just a shift in how things are being handled. Whew!

What's even worse is when you read the headline and the first paragraph and think that the money is all gone. It isn't until the third paragraph of the story that they tell you that it was just a shift in how things are being handled. Whew!

Kind of like:

"The Grand Forks Herald Folds"

...its newspaper in the middle.

:silly:

Well, here are the answers.

Question for the crack SiouxSports.com Legal Team:

By writing what they wrote about someone's medical condition is the Grand Forks Herald, and it's Forum Communications parent company, in violation of HIPAA? If a coach can't talk about a player's injury, how can ForumComm talk about a private citizen's health?

Because someone told them about it on the record.
(emphasis added)

Not particular to this case, but a general comment: The person was from the class of 1951. Which probably means he was born in say, 1929 or so. Making him at least 77 years old. And this thoughtful reporter called a classmate, apparently also at least 77 and got him to talk.

How wonderful to call up a senior citizen to ask about an old friend and then print it in the newspaper. :angry:

(emphasis added)

Not particular to this case, but a general comment: The person was from the class of 1951. Which probably means he was born in say, 1929 or so. Making him at least 77 years old. And this thoughtful reporter called a classmate, apparently also at least 77 and got him to talk.

How wonderful to call up a senior citizen to ask about an old friend and then print it in the newspaper. :angry:

This is typical of the "sensitivity trained" PC media hacks who share the delusion that the nickname is "hostile and abusive." Maybe sensitivity/re-education camps aren't that bad of an idea after all.

Well, here are the answers.

Question for the crack SiouxSports.com Legal Team:

By writing what they wrote about someone's medical condition is the Grand Forks Herald, and it's Forum Communications parent company, in violation of HIPAA? If a coach can't talk about a player's injury, how can ForumComm talk about a private citizen's health?

One more reason why corporations and other entities organize in Delaware and Nevada. Org documents can kept from the prying eyes of idiot "reporters". That said, moving it to the foundation still allows contributions to be made w/o directly involving the school. I would still prefer a completely separate fund, organized outside of NoDak to pay the outside attorneys. :angry:

One more reason why corporations and other entities organize in Delaware and Nevada. Org documents can kept from the prying eyes of idiot "reporters". That said, moving it to the foundation still allows contributions to be made w/o directly involving the school. I would still prefer a completely separate fund, organized outside of NoDak to pay the outside attorneys. :glare:

There is no HIPAA violation here. It is no different than if you discuss another person's health status. If you are a health care facility, provider, employee, or have access to that info as an employer etc. it could be viewed as a HIPAA violation. Neither the Forum nor UND have violated the HIPAA law.

This is typical of the "sensitivity trained" PC media hacks who share the delusion that the nickname is "hostile and abusive." Maybe sensitivity/re-education camps aren't that bad of an idea after all.
Off the original subject, but speaking to the sensitivity of the media: perhaps some of you have seen the story originating in Chicago about an off-duty cop who beat up a bartender. The cop is 6-1, 250 lbs; and the female bartender is 5-4, 115 lbs and a mother, so you can see that it was a fair fight. In any case, the woman was on television last night and by her own request they didn't give her last name-she feared for her safety, since she's already been threatened. But the largest newspaper in the city decided it was okay to print her name today.

How thoughtful of them. :glare: