SiouxSports.com Forum

Something Smells Fishy ...

NanoBison

You can try to slice this and dice this any way you want but you guys are not going to tell the taxpayers they have no rights in this matter. If you want to try that avenue you better get ready to start looking for lots of private donations to keep your university running.

You seem to be making the same argument I did before anyone knew whether a lawsuit was going to be filed. The State Board of Higher Education madated that UND continue to use the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo. Until the board relinquishes that control, UND has no choice in the matter. Therefore, because the mandate came from the official governing body, the state of North Dakota should bear the cost of the lawsuit.

However, UND alumni and others are very generously covering the cost of the lawsuit themselves. And you think you have a right to know how much it's NOT costing you?

If you want to know the cost of your free lunch, pick up the check and pay the bill yourself. Then you'll know.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's recap for folks who don't "get" this:

The State Board of Higher Education madated that UND continue to use the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.

Until the board relinquishes that control, UND has no choice in the matter.

Therefore, because the mandate came from the official governing body, the state of North Dakota should bear the cost of the lawsuit.

However, UND alumni and others are very generously covering the cost of the lawsuit themselves.

It's pretty simple.

Me too. I was awake all night thinking about that conundrum.

I bet Joseph Chapman is the one keeping the truth from us and I demand he tells us all. We didn't pay a dime to research the development of a seedless watermelon, but I want to know. That means I have the right to know because I say so. Anyone who disagrees is part of vast watermelonwing conspiracy.

I bet Joseph Chapman is the one keeping the truth from us and I demand he tells us all. We didn't pay a dime to research the development of a seedless watermelon, but I want to know. That means I have the right to know because I say so. Anyone who disagrees is part of vast watermelonwing conspiracy.

You can bet that rogue helicopter pilots are mixed up in the conspiracy, too. :ohmy:

It's so diabolical that there's no ice in the rink. :whistling:

I've never had a doorman, but I once had some close friends who had a doorman. Since I was there 4 times a week or so, he eventually started recognizing me and letting me in without calling up (I'm sure he thought I just lived there).

When Christmas came, I couldn't decide whether to tip him. He wasn't my doorman, but he thought he was.

I've never had a doorman, but I once had some close friends who had a doorman. Since I was there 4 times a week or so, he eventually started recognizing me and letting me in without calling up (I'm sure he thought I just lived there).

When Christmas came, I couldn't decide whether to tip him. He wasn't my doorman, but he thought he was.

If his name is Carleton, I'd tip him for sure. He was a really good doorman for Rhoda. :whistling:

guinness.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!

Me too. I was awake all night thinking about that conundrum.

It's a little known fact that some seedless watermelons are actually derived from the murdnunoc melons.....although, not all murdnunoc melons are seedless. Murdnunoc melons were first developed at the Fargo Ag School in an attempt to bring a new cash crop to area farmers. The new seed never really took off though. Ag School Professors would attempt to remove the non-seeds from the seedless melons and then plant them in the rich Red River Valley soils. After years of failure and millions of taxpayer dollars wasted, the Ag School discontinued planting the seedless seeds. :whistling:

It's a little known fact that some seedless watermelons are actually derived from the murdnunoc melons.....although, not all murdnunoc melons are seedless. Murdnunoc melons were first developed at the Fargo Ag School in an attempt to bring a new cash crop to area farmers. The new seed never really took off though. Ag School Professors would attempt to remove the non-seeds from the seedless melons and then plant them in the rich Red River Valley soils. After years of failure and millions of taxpayer dollars wasted, the Ag School discontinued planting the seedless seeds. :)

I knew it was Chapman's fault. I demand he answer me right now. I'm on campus, he needs to come to Thorardson Hall immediately and explain what he's doing. :whistling::ohmy:

After years of failure and millions of taxpayer dollars wasted, the Ag School discontinued planting the seedless seeds. :ohmy:

It all makes sense now. That's where Kupchella got those seeds of change that he was sewing. :whistling::)

You tip the barista? I don't know why, but I just never do. It's not like I'm anti-tipping -- I tip bartenders, my barber, cabbies, I sometimes even tip flight attendants (you can get about half of them to take it on repeated tries), but I've just never thrown money in the "karma" jar at the coffee shop.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is far more interesting than the UND haters' lame sequel to last Fall's forensic accounting misadventures. :whistling:

I would just like to add to your list of who you should tip. Maids and the good folks at Cold Stone!! :ohmy:

I have a right to know where that $.50 is coming from! :whistling::)

Ok.......ok..........I fess up, I stole it out of Mr. HockeyMom's change bucket on the floor beside the dresser. I'm sorry, I won't do it again.

I did cash in said bucket a couple years ago and it paid for the entire We Fest/State Softball weekend. I got in trouble when he found it empty on Monday. :ohmy: