SiouxSports.com Forum

Something Smells Fishy ...

NanoBison

That goes both ways so don't be so quick to try to take the high road there is enough dirt flung both ways by both sides that for one to try to take that moral ground is ridiculous.

Maybe so. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are right. However, I don't go to Bisonville or NDSU related message boards so I wouldn't know how UND fans act there. If they were acting disrespectful, I'd just as soon cast them in with the disrespectful lot.

However, DI in Fargo, you are on a Sioux message board. This is where SIOUX fans post. Sioux fans tend to have Sioux-biased opinions. It's how it is. Some posters from other schools (sagard, greyeagle, cujo2 in hockey, bigmrg74 in football, Jesus,Family,&Rutgers in about every forum) understand that and act accordingly. Unfortunately, I didn't list any NDSU posters in that group. I'm still waiting for the day where I can call an NDSU visiting poster to SS.com respectful.

Anyways, if I act disrespectfully on Bisonville or some other NDSU-related message board, I expect to be chastised or perhaps banned accordingly. I don't know why some posters here from other schools feel that their behavior can be disrespectful and still be respected (even so much as to expect their opinion to be respected despite their lack of respect for the "host school" of this site).

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are right. However, I don't go to Bisonville or NDSU related message boards so I wouldn't know how UND fans act there. If they were acting disrespectful, I'd just as soon cast them in with the disrespectful lot.

However, DI in Fargo, you are on a Sioux message board. This is where SIOUX fans post. Sioux fans tend to have Sioux-biased opinions. It's how it is. Some posters from other schools (sagard, greyeagle, cujo2 in hockey, bigmrg74 in football, Jesus,Family,&Rutgers in about every forum) understand that and act accordingly. Unfortunately, I didn't list any NDSU posters in that group. I'm still waiting for the day where I can call an NDSU visiting poster to SS.com respectful.

Anyways, if I act disrespectfully on Bisonville or some other NDSU-related message board, I expect to be chastised or perhaps banned accordingly. I don't know why some posters here from other schools feel that their behavior can be disrespectful and still be respected (even so much as to expect their opinion to be respected despite their lack of respect for the "host school" of this site).

I understand its your board, I do enjoy visiting many different message boards and try to be respectful at all. I noticed that you didn't comment on the situation if it were reversed. I suspect you already know the answer to that question as I do. Carry on.

Pretty funny stuff but in reality doesn't address the Why?:whistling: I don't see why people on here see that as an unfair question. If the shoe was on the other foot and the roles were reversed you would all be foaming at the mouth mad that the numbers were not made public.

What part of not using any state money do you not understand. Where the money is coming from is irrelevant.

You know what I want to know? How you get a seedless watermelon!! I mean if it's seedless then where did it come from? And if it came from a seed, how come it doesn't have seeds? How can you get a seedless watermelon from a seeded watermelon? I demand Wayne Stenehjem tells me!!! I have the right to know!!

Ignore the issue all you want guys, it doesn't help your position it only makes you look weaker. It's obvious trying to have a serious discussion on this is a waste of time. With comments about seedless watermelons ect I can only say good luck to you in trying to improve your image as well as defend yourselves. I don't see either one being an easy task, the people I do feel sorry for are the American Indians with whom your issue is really with but you don't want to address that. That and of course those pesky taxpayers who think they have a right to know how a public institution is spending money. Silly thought all of them, dam the people and their silly rights this is UND after all who dares question them. Carry on its business as usual for some of you.

Ignore the issue all you want guys, it doesn't help your position it only makes you look weaker. It's obvious trying to have a serious discussion on this is a waste of time. With comments about seedless watermelons ect I can only say good luck to you in trying to improve your image as well as defend yourselves. I don't see either one being an easy task, the people I do feel sorry for are the American Indians with whom your issue is really with but you don't want to address that. That and of course those pesky taxpayers who think they have a right to know how a public institution is spending money. Silly thought all of them, dam the people and their silly rights this is UND after all who dares question them. Carry on its business as usual for some of you.

One more time...

“I know how much it’s costing the taxpayers of North Dakota, and that is nothing,” Stenehjem said.

Nah the public has no right to know in this situation, you guys can just tell everyone all is well and nobody has a right to know.
A pledge was made not to use any tax dollars to pay for the lawsuit. Provide some proof -- any proof -- that this pledge is being violated and you'll be on to something. Until then, you have no valid reason to complain.

Kind of like the American Indians have no right or say in how the nickname is used.
The tribes can say whatever they want. They have no right to dictate how a word in the public domain is used.

I see the pattern here.
That's nice. Maybe you should contact this guy and arrange to get together to do some pattern comparisons. Edited by PCM

You know what I want to know? How you get a seedless watermelon!! I mean if it's seedless then where did it come from? And if it came from a seed, how come it doesn't have seeds? How can you get a seedless watermelon from a seeded watermelon?

Whoa! Dude! I think my mind was just bent! :whistling::ohmy:

Can you stick to a subject? Are you upset for the taxpayer or for the American Indians? Did you know that there was a poll in recent years and most Native Americans are not against logos such as that of UND or Native American nicknames in general? You are the one ducking the question. Do you have a right to know??

Every taxpayer has a right to know. No ducking questions here. And if you think the American Indian comment isn't sticking to the subject then you are completely lost. This whole issue is about that and the root of the problem

What part of not using any state money do you not understand. Where the money is coming from is irrelevant.

First of all, this isn't being paid for by the tax payers.......but let's just say hypothetically.......

I'm going to go with a price tag of 6.5 times what the AG's office said it would cost- $650,000.....paid for by tax dollars. So everyone living in North Dakota would have to contribute. *drumroll* ONE DOLLAR!!!! :whistling:

*hands DI IN FARGO $1*

I'll cover for you since this all seems to bother you so much. I can go without a soda today.

First of all, this isn't being paid for by the tax payers.......but let's just say hypothetically.......

I'm going to go with a price tag of 6.5 times what the AG's office said it would cost- $650,000.....paid for by tax dollars. So everyone living in North Dakota would have to contribute. *drumroll* ONE DOLLAR!!!! :whistling:

*hands DI IN FARGO $1*

I'll cover for you since this all seems to bother you so much. I can go without a soda today.

So, now I need to take this one step farther- let's say that this lawsuit is costing $100,000 and the tax payer IS paying for it. That would mean that everyone in North Dakota needs to contribute $0.15.

Someone please explain to me why we are arguing over this because I tipped the barista at Starbucks $1.20 yesterday......

Every taxpayer has a right to no. No ducking questions here. And if you think the American Indian comment isn't sticking to the subject then you are completely lost. This whole issue is about that and the root of the problem

First off every taxpayer has the right to know No they don't.

All it say is that they aren't going to pay for the lawsuit with any public money. What part are you not getting.

Kind of like during the flood when a woman donated some private money for the flood victims and wanted her name kept secret.

Its funny how these trolls and skippies keep popping up under different names but they all seem to say the same damn things. Nothing important.

I never once said they had to disclose the names of the donors. What part of that don't you understand. To all who think 615,000 isn't much money nice try, in my book that's a lot of money. You can try to slice this and dice this any way you want but you guys are not going to tell the taxpayers they have no rights in this matter. If you want to try that avenue you better get ready to start looking for lots of private donations to keep your university running.

Someone please explain to me why we are arguing over this because I tipped the barista at Starbucks $1.20 yesterday......

You tip the barista? I don't know why, but I just never do. It's not like I'm anti-tipping -- I tip bartenders, my barber, cabbies, I sometimes even tip flight attendants (you can get about half of them to take it on repeated tries), but I've just never thrown money in the "karma" jar at the coffee shop.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is far more interesting than the UND haters' lame sequel to last Fall's forensic accounting misadventures. :whistling:

To all who think 615,000 isn't much money nice try, in my book that's a lot of money.

I told you that I would pay your share of $1, now get over it.

My point was that we spend money everyday on things that we don't need that add up to a lot more than the $0.15 you aren't spending to pay for the lawsuit.

Talking to you is like arguing with the drunk Bison fan that starts the anti-Sioux stuff EVERYTIME I walk into the bar. He has no idea where all of the money is going to come from for UND to go DI-AA (there are two A's after DI in Fargo) because we have no money.....and NDSU has Team Makers. *scratches head wondering what the Fighting Sioux Club is*

You tip the barista? I don't know why, but I just never do. It's not like I'm anti-tipping -- I tip bartenders, my barber, cabbies, I sometimes even tip flight attendants (you can get about half of them to take it on repeated tries), but I've just never thrown money in the "karma" jar at the coffee shop.

Not always......depends on how nice I'm feeling........I think it's one of those not expected, but always appreciated things.

I figure that if I tip them maybe the next time they won't spit in my coffee...... :whistling:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is far more interesting than the UND haters' lame sequel to last Fall's forensic accounting misadventures. :whistling:

Did you say "forensic accounting misadventures"?

You mean like NDSU and SDSU both having perfect karma where expenses were met exactly, to the dollar, by revenues in FY 2006? Now that's good karma.

Poor, poor UND. Their revenues didn't exactly match expences. There was a $350k difference, a difference where revenues exceeded expenses. :)

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/InstList.asp

Somebody caused NDSU's numbers to match to the dollar. Who? Tell me or you're hiding something! :ohmy: