SiouxSports.com Forum

Something Smells Fishy ...

NanoBison

Isn't this quality of journalism usually expected in the High Plains Reader or the Spectrum? I she an intern? Not quite ready for prime time.

We might want to check that woman's resume and make sure she didn't write for the High Plains reader, it seem like something you would read from that publication.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help but point out the hypocrisy here on the part of some posters. Some time ago NDSU's president via private donations had work done on the Presidents home. People on here were up in arms that state money was being used and were chastising President Chapman and NDSU about where all the money was coming from. I find this pretty funny and yet extremely hypocritical. This money was also much less then what UND and the lawsuit is apparently costing but taxpayers I guess have no right in your eyes to know what the cost is as long as someone says its not costing the taxpayers anything. This coming from a public university is pretty interesting. Oh and someone else points out that is ok because in the end it will eventually come out. After all the bills have been paid whatever the amount and by whoever as we are not being told it's ok. Why if the nickname is ok ( and I don't care what you call yourselves personally) and your paying to support the cause wouldn't you let it be know, what's to hide? Then people wonder why UND has reputation or public trust issues. Funny stuff.

Can't help but point out the hypocrisy here on the part of some posters. Some time ago NDSU's president via private donations had work done on the Presidents home. People on here were up in arms that state money was being used and were chastising President Chapman and NDSU about where all the money was coming from. I find this pretty funny and yet extremely hypocritical.
There was criticism when some thought that state money was used to remodel Chapman's residence. Once it was learned that private donations were used for the project, the controversy went away. That's what I remember.

I'm not sure who your post is aimed at, but I believe at the time, I said I had no problem with Chapman asking for more money and other perks as incentive for staying on at NDSU. If I would have been in his position, I would have done exactly the same thing. I did, however, have a problem with Chapman undermining the chancellor, working behind the scenes to get him fired and then lying about his role in the ouster of Potts. I also had a problem with him being rewarded for that behavior, but that's an entirely different issue.

This money was also much less then what UND and the lawsuit is apparently costing but taxpayers I guess have no right in your eyes to know what the cost is as long as someone says its not costing the taxpayers anything.
Where is your proof that the lawsuit is costing taxpayers a dime? Just because you want to believe it is doesn't make it so.

The point of the Forum's story wasn't that Stenehjem or anyone else was lying about the cost to taxpayers. It was that nobody was willing to reveal who was paying the bills. If the money was coming out of the taxpayers' pockets, everyone would know about it because there would be a clear paper trail.

At risk of repeating myself ....

Given the hack-job done on other nickname supporters, no wonder someone wants to remain anonymous.

As far as the SLC attorneys, I wonder if they aren't billing because maybe, just maybe, they are working on contingency (think: cut of big anti-trust settlement).

In closing, the only quote in that article that matters is from Stenehjem (above). I'm not paying for this, at least with my tax dollars. :sad:

There was criticism when some thought that state money was used to remodel Chapman's residence. Once it was learned that private donations were used for the project, the controversy went away. That's what I remember.

I'm not sure who your post is aimed at, but I believe at the time, I said I had no problem with Chapman asking for more money and other perks as incentive for staying on at NDSU. If I would have been in his position, I would have done exactly the same thing. I did, however, have a problem with Chapman undermining the chancellor, working behind the scenes to get him fired and then lying about his role in the ouster of Potts. I also had a problem with him being rewarded for that behavior, but that's an entirely different issue.

Where is your proof that the lawsuit is costing taxpayers a dime? Just because you want to believe it is doesn't make it so.

The point of the Forum's story wasn't that Stenehjem or anyone else was lying about the cost to taxpayers. It was that nobody was willing to reveal who was paying the bills. If the money was coming out of the taxpayers' pockets, everyone would know about it because there would be a clear paper trail.

The only reason you have a problem with Chapman is because of his leadership in expanding NDSU's prominence and you and UND feel threatened. Billing out the AG's lawyers at 56.00 per hour is a joke and everyone knows it.

The only reason you have a problem with Chapman is because of his leadership in expanding NDSU's prominence and you and UND feel threatened.

I never said that, and I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head that are completely and totally false.

Edited by PCM

Where's the Fargo Forum story on what the AG's office billed NDSU for representing them against George Ellis' (successful) age discrimination lawsuit?

PS - We taxpayers did pay for that one. We paid Ellis. We paid Ellis' attorney. We paid the AG's office. We paid Dorn, and Bohl, and Miles, et al, for creating the whole mess. We paid.

Where's the Fargo Forum story on what the AG's office billed NDSU for representing them against George Ellis' (successful) age discrimination lawsuit?

PS - We taxpayers did pay for that one. We paid Ellis. We paid the AG's office. We paid Dorn, and Bohl, and Miles, et al, for creating the whole mess. We paid.

Another jealous Sioux fan, I see. :sad:

PS - We taxpayers did pay for that one. We paid Ellis. We paid Ellis' attorney. We paid the AG's office. We paid Dorn, and Bohl, and Miles, et al, for creating the whole mess. We paid.

And still are paying for it. link.

"But, but, but ... we're D1!" exclaim the exasperated Stream Yellow partisans. :D:sad:

I don't have time to bring up all the lawsuits that the state has had to defend UND against.

But you do have time to bring up the one that private donations are paying for. By any chance you don't hate UND do you? :sad:

Gee, I never would have guessed. :D

Then again, there aren't many NDSU fans who really respect UND anyways, so the question is just as amusing as the assumed answer. :D

Gee, I never would have guessed. :D

Then again, there aren't many NDSU fans who really respect UND anyways, so the question is just as amusing as the assumed answer. :D

That goes both ways so don't be so quick to try to take the high road there is enough dirt flung both ways by both sides that for one to try to take that moral ground is ridiculous.

It's hard to come up with numbers when everything is so secretive. If you don't see the correlation there and how foolish that statement is then it's not worth arguing about.

Can't you see? This lawsuit HAS to be costing the taxpayers money. The lack of proof is what proves it. If there was proof that it was costing the taxpayers money, then it wouldn't be costing the taxpayers anything. Or something.

If there's nothing to hide then why not just come out with the numbers? No one said that you had to disclose who gave the money. If UND wants to avoid this type of questioning by the media and the public then they had ought to let an outside source from the NDBOHE oversee the accounting of this. If you expect that anything is going to change or people are just going to say aawww it's ok because the people at UND say it is your kidding yourself. So again, if there's nothing to hide then why is it all so secretive?

So again, if there's nothing to hide then why is it all so secretive?

OK, OK, OK. Your persistence has gotten to me and I can keep it quiet no longer. I apologize in advance to the Secret Sioux Society for spilling the beans. :whistling:

The truth is that UND isn't actually suing the NCAA, it's all a cover for their real plan. As I type this UND is in the preliminary stages of building their very own Death Star, though it obviously won't be called that as to avoid copyright infringement. There was a contest to name the floating planet much like there are often contests to name sports mascots. I suggested Force of the North Star and it is one of the three finalist. I've got my fingers crossed that I win because the prize is a game worn Andy Schneider jersey. I'd be so pumped! Now as to the location of this Yet to be Named Orbiting Space Station, I do not know. I've heard rumblings that is in various places, mainly Walla Walla, Washington or Auckland, New Zealand.

Once completed, UND will use the Moon Sized Contraption to invade a number of African countries that are in the midst of some sort of political turmoil and annex them. After no less than five and no more than 10 African countries and/or principalities have come under the thumb of recently crowned King Chancellor Extraordinare Kupchella, the next stage of UND's plan will be implemented. Kupchella will use his newfound political clout to force the UN's hand and give into his numerous demands. They are as follows:

1. Wendy of Wendys Restaurant fame hair color be changed to brunette as everyone fears Gingers.

2. Porcupines be renamed StickyBunBacks

3. HBO be downgraded from Premium to Basic wiith regards to cable television packages.

4. I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred becomes the National Anthem of Sweden for formal events with Dancing Queen by Abba being used for the Winter Olympics. The Summer Olympics can keep the current national anthem, except for in team sports where Barbara Ann must be played live and backwards by Brian Wilson who must wear a Baby Blue colored Elvis Suit.

5. Fantasy Island be remade starring Boutros Boutros Gali as Mr. Roarke and Yao Ming as Tattoo.

Billing out the AG's lawyers at 56.00 per hour is a joke and everyone knows it.

Maybe you need to check out the state pay scale. Gov't employees, even lawyers, do not make the kind of money that lawyers in private practice make. $50/hour would be just over $100k per year, probably close to the top salary in state government.

OK, OK, OK. Your persistence has gotten to me and I can keep it quiet no longer. I apologize in advance to the Secret Sioux Society for spilling the beans. :whistling:

The truth is that UND isn't actually suing the NCAA, it's all a cover for their real plan. As I type this UND is in the preliminary stages of building their very own Death Star, though it obviously won't be called that as to avoid copyright infringement. There was a contest to name the floating planet much like there are often contests to name sports mascots. I suggested Force of the North Star and it is one of the three finalist. I've got my fingers crossed that I win because the prize is a game worn Andy Schneider jersey. I'd be so pumped! Now as to the location of this Yet to be Named Orbiting Space Station, I do not know. I've heard rumblings that is in various places, mainly Walla Walla, Washington or Auckland, New Zealand.

Once completed, UND will use the Moon Sized Contraption to invade a number of African countries that are in the midst of some sort of political turmoil and annex them. After no less than five and no more than 10 African countries and/or principalities have come under the thumb of recently crowned King Chancellor Extraordinare Kupchella, the next stage of UND's plan will be implemented. Kupchella will use his newfound political clout to force the UN's hand and give into his numerous demands. They are as follows:

1. Wendy of Wendys Restaurant fame hair color be changed to brunette as everyone fears Gingers.

2. Porcupines be renamed StickyBunBacks

3. HBO be downgraded from Premium to Basic wiith regards to cable television packages.

4. I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred becomes the National Anthem of Sweden for formal events with Dancing Queen by Abba being used for the Winter Olympics. The Summer Olympics can keep the current national anthem, except for in team sports where Barbara Anne must be played live and backwards by Brian Wilson who must wear a Baby Blue colored Elvis Suit.

5. Fantasy Island be remade starring Boutros Boutros Gali as Mr. Roarke and Yao Ming as Tattoo.

Pretty funny stuff but in reality doesn't address the Why?:ohmy: I don't see why people on here see that as an unfair question. If the shoe was on the other foot and the roles were reversed you would all be foaming at the mouth mad that the numbers were not made public.