SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux problems

SIOUXELEVENS

Karl Goehring was smaller but was able to do it. Size isn't the issue.

At least they consistently suck! :angry: I won't blame our team's misfortune on the refs.

As someone who works with kids with mental retardation, I get pretty annoyed with adults who can't think of a more educated insult. Live a day in the shoes of one of my kids and maybe you'll change your outlook. I've never even seen The Triouxper have to lower himself to this level of vocabulary. (That's a compliment Triouxper! :lol: )

sorry.. was just venting

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who works with kids with mental retardation, I get pretty annoyed with adults who can't think of a more educated insult. Live a day in the shoes of one of my kids and maybe you'll change your outlook. I've never even seen The Triouxper have to lower himself to this level of vocabulary. (That's a compliment Triouxper! :angry: )

Thank you, as for the people at the REA, for most of them this is their second job, their not professionals at this, give them a break, be patient and polite, and give them a smile. I'm sure they would like to be watching the game rather than working. Give em a break. And watch the language the handicapped cannot help it. Instead of retarded try using the term Bush Administration, but not the r word.

And watch the language the handicapped cannot help it. Instead of retarded try using the term Bush Administration, but not the r word.

I always find it amusing how liberals are so quick to jump to the defense of the downtrodden and preach peace, love, respect, and diversity, then you mention the word "Republican" or "George Bush" and all of a sudden, those "values" are quickly forgotten.

I can't wait until the Dems take office in January, either, mikeypat15. I'm eagerly awaiting the Pelosi proposal for the new direction in Iraq and the Democratic plan for an exit strategy.

Lamoureux is our pain-killer, he can't stop a beach ball if his life depended on it. If we keep that loser in the nets, then Hakstol is blind man walking. Lammy stays in net, our season is pissed down the drain and a complete waste!! Lee and Finley need to step up and play D with a mean streak, but they're both too lazy to do anything worthwhile. Most of all, take Lammy out of the starting position because he loses the games for us. What a waste of a talent, a scholarship wasted down the drain, a complete washout. Probably the most overrated talent to ever mind the nets at UND!!!

Lamoureux is our pain-killer, he can't stop a beach ball if his life depended on it. If we keep that loser in the nets, then Hakstol is blind man walking. Lammy stays in net, our season is pissed down the drain and a complete waste!! Lee and Finley need to step up and play D with a mean streak, but they're both too lazy to do anything worthwhile. Most of all, take Lammy out of the starting position because he loses the games for us. What a waste of a talent, a scholarship wasted down the drain, a complete washout. Probably the most overrated talent to ever mind the nets at UND!!!

You have officially proved to everybody reading this board that you know absolutely nothing about the game of hockey. I didnt think it was possible for somebody to make that big of a fool of themselves in one paragraph. Congratulations, you just did it.

Dude....step away from the rye and go pass out...damn....

What has Lamoureux done in his three seasons at UND? He doesn't make the saves that he is supposed to, quoted by Hakstol in the post-game show after Friday night's loss; gave up a couple bad goals each night, and doesn't bail the team out when they need a big save like GOOD goalies do. I don't care what any of you say, Lammy should not be the starter for this team. Give Walski a fair chance at some playing time, see if he can spark the team, or let Grieco back in the nets.

I always find it amusing how liberals are so quick to jump to the defense of the downtrodden and preach peace, love, respect, and diversity, then you mention the word "Republican" or "George Bush" and all of a sudden, those "values" are quickly forgotten.

I can't wait until the Dems take office in January, either, mikeypat15. I'm eagerly awaiting the Pelosi proposal for the new direction in Iraq and the Democratic plan for an exit strategy.

They can't screw up any more than this pathetic president already has. He alone has made us the most hated nation in the the world. I'm absolutely embarrassed he is my president, truly embarrassed.

Everything republicans have been saying about the Irag war for the last three years has been proven to be complete bullsh!t. They were wrong and they still can't even admit it with the exception of a few. The Iraq war will go down as the biggest foreign policy blunder in our nation's history and it's 100% Bush's fault. The only person who is worse at his job than Bush is Hakstol and that's saying a lot.

I'd be embarrassed to live in a state where Bush wins handily. At least Minnesotans know what's really going on in this country(a republican hasn't won our state since '72 :angry: )but then again our state's revenue doesn't depend on the sale of Arctic Cat Jackets. Say hi to Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh for me. They rely on states like yours to keep them on the air.

And by the way, Toews and Oshie's combined goals(7) is less than half of Okposo's(15). Just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:

They can't screw up any more than this pathetic president already has. He alone has made us the most hated nation in the the world. I'm absolutely embarrassed he is my president, truly embarrassed.

Everything republicans have been saying about the Irag war for the last three years has been proven to be complete bullsh!t. They were wrong and they still can't even admit it with the exception of a few. The Iraq war will go down as the biggest foreign policy blunder in our nation's history and it's 100% Bush's fault. The only person who is worse at his job than Bush is Hakstol and that's saying a lot.

I'd be embarrassed to live in a state where Bush wins handily. At least Minnesotans know what's really going on in this country(a republican hasn't won our state since '72 :angry: )but then again our state's revenue doesn't depend on the sale of Arctic Cat Jackets. Say hi to Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh for me. They rely on states like yours to keep them on the air.

And by the way, Toews and Oshie's combined goals(7) is less than half of Okposo's(15). Just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:

I didnt know this became a political forum....go away.

This is kind of funny!

Isn't Minnesota's governer a Republican? ;)

Your Demacrat Senators voted to go to war so thank them for that "Complete bull$%!#".

What would you do differently, with the economy and also the war? I am curious to see what people with no access to information except what they see on t.v would change about a booming economy?

Hiresh 4 goals thats one more then Bina. ;)

1) This is not a political forum, so take that stuff somewhere else.

2) Quit blasting my commander-in-chief, I'd take him over Clinton in that position any day.

3) Sorry for throwing in #2, I just got done saying this wasn't a political forum... :angry:

4) I don't know what the answer is for this team, but they are going to need to catch on fire here and start winning unless they want to go on the road to Anchorage for the 1st round of the playoffs.

It's just too damn early in the morning to be discussing this. :lol:

1) This is not a political forum, so take that stuff somewhere else.

2) Quit blasting my commander-in-chief, I'd take him over Clinton in that position any day.

3) Sorry for throwing in #2, I just got done saying this wasn't a political forum... :lol:

4) I don't know what the answer is for this team, but they are going to need to catch on fire here and start winning unless they want to go on the road to Anchorage for the 1st round of the playoffs.

It's just too damn early in the morning to be discussing this. ;)

Bucky is making me reconsider my position as a proud liberal... :angry:

I think that if this team can get the PK working and have our top line start scroing then this team can turn it around. You can say all you want about phil but it is the lack of scoring that has lose some of the games and the pk.

Phil should be taking a lot of the blame as well as Grieco for the play in their play in the nets, they both have sucked. Both has had small glimmer of decent goaltending but as a whole they have not been good. Giving up almost 4+ goals a game is not good. Also taking stupid penalties at crucial times is not good.

It all starts with the team in front of the goalie (or lack thereof). Brian Lee coughed up possession of the puck three times in 40 seconds last night, on the power play. Once in the offensive zone, once at center ice, and once in our own zone. Absolutely unacceptable. It was like he didn't have a clue what to do with the puck. This isn't a pick on Lee post, but just an example of what is not being done right by the whole team. They had numerous scoring chances this weekend, but could not finish.

Siouxelevens has it right. There are so many issues with this team it is hard to know where to start. Right now I am very frustrated, but then I remember last year when the low point of the season was after New Year's after losing to St. Cloud. Then they turned it around, so there is still hope. I just don't know that this team has what it takes to turn it around. This is a team thing, and you can't sit the whole team until they get their heads screwed on right. It could be the fact that losing Berry left a hole in the coaching staff that just hasn't been filled. This is a team losing effort so far, and they have to figure it out as a team how to fix it.

For those with short memories, recall the clamour for Scott Sandelin as coach when Blais left. UMD had a highly touted recruiting class just two years ago, and look at what they are doing (or not doing is more appropriate). Us posters do not have the answer. The team has to have the answer. Let's just hope that they somehow find it.

For those with short memories, recall the clamour for Scott Sandelin as coach when Blais left. UMD had a highly touted recruiting class just two years ago, and look at what they are doing (or not doing is more appropriate). Us posters do not have the answer. The team has to have the answer. Let's just hope that they somehow find it.

You can't fire a coach that took a team to two frozen fours. I think the team needs a goaltending coach.

I am surprise we don't have one. Any way to get Berry back?

Just remember the Sioux started slow the last 2 years and look where they ended up. I am a Gopher fan and I would not want to play them in March.

Actually if it keeps going like it is now there will not be any game. We do play in Jan, and I think these games could be ugly if we don't stay out of the box and get good goaltending. ;):blush:

Phil should be taking a lot of the blame as well as Grieco for the play in their play in the nets, they both have sucked. Both has had small glimmer of decent goaltending but as a whole they have not been good. Giving up almost 4+ goals a game is not good. Also taking stupid penalties at crucial times is not good.

NICE!!

We are blaming Grieco for six games that he has played in which the team earned 7 of out the possible 12 points. For a freshman who earned rookie of the week on the second weekend, we keep painting Grieco with the same brush as Phil. Let's give him a chance to prove himself because his record last year shows the kid can play.

We are blaming Grieco for six games that he has played in which the team earned 7 of out the possible 12 points. For a freshman who earned rookie of the week on the second weekend, we keep painting Grieco with the same brush as Phil. Let's give him a chance to prove himself because his record last year shows the kid can play.

Fair enough, but I was attacked for suggesting that Grieco had about the same stats as phil and I was basically told how dare we compare Grieco to St. Phil. So maybe your right Grieco hasn't lost 5/6 games like someone else.

Most people appear to be trying to point fingers at one or two players (usally defensemen or goalie).

This entire team has not been performing well. IMO Towes should be at the top of the league in scoring. Is he still hurting from the injury? Oshie is in the same boat. UND's "go to guys" have four and three goals. It is difficult to win games when your first line is not contributing. Many people were looking for Watkins and Kozek to have breakthrough years. Neither has done much so far. With the exception of Chorney and Bina, the defense has not looked very good. Lee is supposed to be an offensive player, but is not given much of a chance to rush the puck. The Sioux play to get the puck in deap and forecheck hard. The D are rarely given the chance to join the rush.

Obviously goaltending has not been that great, but I do not think it has lost the Sioux many games. One of the biggest problems has been the stupid penalties and the terrible PK. It is very hard to win when you are allowing goals in 25% of your PKs.

Frankly with a few exceptions, the entire team has underperformed. Ryan Duncan and Chorney have both played as most expected. Miller and Genoway have played better than most expected. Everyone else is having a subpar season.

However, this is the third year in a row these same discussions have been going on in December. Hakstol has been able to right the ship the last two years. I have every confidence he will be able to do the same this year.

You can't fire a coach that took a team to two frozen fours. I think the team needs a goaltending coach.

I am surprise we don't have one. Any way to get Berry back?

What kind of a job description does Jackson have? Shouldn't he be doing the same type of coaching that Berry did? What is the big difference here?

Ummmm...those are serious questions. :blush: