SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADgers

AZSIOUX

A kind Badger fan posted this on USCHO. I pass it on here as a public service:

----------------------

If anybody is interested, Kerry Eades and John Newberry will be on the Badger Hockey Hour on WIBA radio tonight.

Of course, they will be recalling the famous "Water Bottle Incident" (WI v ND) from the early 80's that set off the best fight I have ever seen in my life. I can remember it like it was yesterday.....

Sioux fans, WIBA has live streaming. The show is at 7 PM tonight.

That will be great to listen to: Link

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stated.

The 2006-07 Sioux have yet to show that they have any kind of an edge to them. Based on Dave H.'s track record thus far, they may very well end up developing some edge, but there haven't really been any clear signs of life on that front yet. Lots of expectations, lots of nice sounding sound-bites for the microphones, but nothing yet that really makes me believe that they're turning the corner in that regard. Let's hope that this is the weekend that we start to see a definitive statement in that direction. This hovering around .500 stuff starts to wear on me. I hope that I don't ever have to hear or read again that "we played good enough to win" (but didn't -- win that is). A team hasn't played good enough to win until they have won! Hopefully Hak is getting that point home.

Porter has good enough speed that he should at least have a pro career as a checking forward if not better. As for Toews, the sky is the limit for that kid. Given both his natural ability and his vision on the ice he has the potential to be a Sakic type player for Chicago.

Not saying that I want them to leave the Sioux, but the 'Hawks sure do need the help...Savard is a great coach to learn from.

I love this series, and not because I live in WI. It's just been that good. One thing I still do not understand about this years team is how little Hak has had them cycling the puck in the O zone. They are not even attempting to do it most of the time. Is Hak just positioning his forwards differently this year in those situations?

Aside from an occasional ill-advised penalty , #24 works hard every time he is on the ice. I see no reason why he won't be playing pro hockey at some level.

Porter is also one of the best skaters I have ever seen wear a Sioux uniform.

I love this series, and not because I live in WI. It's just been that good. One thing I still do not understand about this years team is how little Hak has had them cycling the puck in the O zone. They are not even attempting to do it most of the time. Is Hak just positioning his forwards differently this year in those situations?

I've seen a good amount of cycling the puck, especially from the top 3 lines this year. The lines with Toews and Oshie have gone through stretches of complete domination in the offensive zone while cycling the puck. But then there are also stretches where they can't even get out of their zone or connect on a pass, so sometimes you have to wait for them. :lol:

I guess I haven't seen any different positioning of the forwards in the O zone than in recent year's past.

I look at this series to be a knock down drag out fight to the finish. Give no quater, take no quater (please forgive me for my lousy spelling but you get the idea.) Both teams battling tooth & nail to the final buzzer. I'll be happy with a split if we sweep that would be great also.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/uw/index...924&ntpid=2

From the Capital Times Writer Todd Milewski: Full house? Wisconsin had a full roster available only twice in the first 16 games of the season, but the Badgers could have a full squad again this week if freshman forward Aaron Bendickson is cleared to play.

Bendickson, who has missed three games since sustaining a leg injury at Minnesota on Nov. 18, was cleared to compete in skill drills and took part in Monday's practice wearing a no-contact jersey. It's possible he'll be ready to play at North Dakota, Eaves said.

"It's to our advantage in the fact that when we're playing our best we're playing really physical," a quote from this article. Sioux almost always finish on top if they play a physical game. I think if we don't hit this weekend, we'll lose. And UW's record on NHL size rinks is sort of an intimidating factor isn't it? Everyone better be on their toes this weekend and the defensemen, ALL OF THEM, better start jarring some bones.

Duncan will save the weekend!

I think Wisconsin is going to play very well this weekend, and if the Sioux are to win they will have to be at the top of their game, from the goaltending on out through the whole roster. As noted above, Wisconsin is finally healthy, and their game started to come together two weeks ago against the Michigans. Now they've had two weeks to rest, practice, and stew about how lousy their record was when they were hurt. They will be desperate.

If the Sioux bring the same desperate intensity, they'll be fine. If not, siouxsports.com will not be a very nice play to be next week.

I think Wisconsin is going to play very well this weekend, and if the Sioux are to win they will have to be at the top of their game, from the goaltending on out through the whole roster. As noted above, Wisconsin is finally healthy, and their game started to come together two weeks ago against the Michigans. Now they've had two weeks to rest, practice, and stew about how lousy their record was when they were hurt. They will be desperate.

If the Sioux bring the same desperate intensity, they'll be fine. If not, siouxsports.com will not be a very nice play to be next week.

wow do we need a hockey game! Thats it! Im gettin up early. studying till 3. then its coors light time

OK, flew into bemidji artound 2:30 yesterday. freezing my azz off :angry: lets just say your blood thins out a bit after getting use to AZ weather ;) but i love it back home. driving to g-forks tomorrow to see the sioux play some bad azz hockey and put a whoopin to the BADgers.................ok, i could care less if it is a whoopin or not, lets just have 1 more goal then them and we all will be happy.......off to slims in bemidji tonight for a burger and many many cold ones................go siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im calling a shutout one of the nights by the sioux ;)

OK, flew into bemidji artound 2:30 yesterday. freezing my azz off :angry: lets just say your blood thins out a bit after getting use to AZ weather ;) but i love it back home. driving to g-forks tomorrow to see the sioux play some bad azz hockey and put a whoopin to the BADgers.................ok, i could care less if it is a whoopin or not, lets just have 1 more goal then them and we all will be happy.......off to slims in bemidji tonight for a burger and many many cold ones................go siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im calling a shutout one of the nights by the sioux ;)

Come over to section 113 and introduce yourself. I'll be the one in a green Brandt jersey with the 3 kids (1 will be wearing the green throwback you want). HockeyMom will be a section or 2 over from me.

I'll be in Arizona, glued to my laptop with a bottle of Motrin, a bottle of water and a box of Kleenex .

GO SIOOOOOOUX!!!!!!

Well i'll be in the Keys this weekend doing some deepsea fishing & where i'll be i can get to a computer & acess the game online in no time flat. GO SIOUX

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

The Sioux had better be ready to play 60 minute games this weekend. The Badgers are going to play desperate hockey as two more losses could have very serious consequences for the remainder of their season. Lammy has always wanted and believed he deserved the number one job in net and there is no better time than this weekend to prove himself.

The Sioux had better be ready to play 60 minute games this weekend. The Badgers are going to play desperate hockey as two more losses could have very serious consequences for the remainder of their season. Lammy has always wanted and believed he deserved the number one job in net and there is no better time than this weekend to prove himself.

Good points. Win the special teams battles, and play smart defensively.