SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. CC

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

Is it Friday yet?

I hate that when it starts to get close to game day, I get that excited anxious feeling like a little kid on the night before their birthday.

Good thing I play hockey tonight....that will pass some of the time. Oh, and instead of my team jersey, I'll be sporting a Holy Cross practice jersey.

:silly: Go Sioux!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks, I am not obsessed I am just tired of presenting evidence of how bad the refs are and some are just trying to poo poo it, yesterday I posed a stat that pretty much back up my claim that the Gophers are not called very often for penalties. For like a third year in a row MSU-M and UND are right at the top of the league for penalties. Coincidence hum, is it? (as far as obsessions go I am obsessed with hunting, golf and hockey)

As for Minnesota I just hate the cockiness and the arogance that oozes from the UofMN program. The FSN television crew, the Star Tribune they have surpassed SCSU in my opinion as being the biggest rubes in the NCAA. Actually I have a new found respect for the Huskies. I have even got to the point that I would rather see the Badgers win over the Gophers. That almost m Actually one of my family members is an ex-gopher from like the 1995 team, I still hate their program. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate Kessels efforts now that he is a Bruin.

Lastly it is my opinion that the League officials are scared of the big schools not making the WCHA because they are all about the money. That is a theory that I have. I think they are affraid that if Wisconsin and Minnesota aren't at the final five no one will show up to see the games. I guess they wouldn't have faith in UND or SCSU filling the place.

Could you please explain your comment about the Star Tribune being arrogant regarding Gopher Hockey. This newspaper very seldom writes about Gopher Hockey,. They have a writer (Patrick Ruesse) who down right hates the hockey program and will take any cheap shot he can. I wish the Star Tribune would atleast cover hockey like they do for Gopher Basketball, its not even close for coverage. The nice thing about the Grand Forks Herald is they care about UND's hockey program.

I do agree that there are Gopher fans that are cocky and arrogant but Every program in the league has there share.When UND fans keep bringing up 7-5 to Gopher fans you can say that is arrogant and cocky. In the end every fan base has there good fans and bad ones.

Could you please explain your comment about the Star Tribune being arrogant regarding Gopher Hockey. This newspaper very seldom writes about Gopher Hockey,. They have a writer (Patrick Ruesse) who down right hates the hockey program and will take any cheap shot he can. I wish the Star Tribune would atleast cover hockey like they do for Gopher Basketball, its not even close for coverage. The nice thing about the Grand Forks Herald is they care about UND's hockey program.

I do agree that there are Gopher fans that are cocky and arrogant but Every program in the league has there share.When UND fans keep bringing up 7-5 to Gopher fans you can say that is arrogant and cocky. In the end every fan base has there good fans and bad ones.

TRIOUXPER="bad" Sioux Hockey fan. Damn proud of it too.

You forgot the Holy Cross reference?

Lastly, I suppose calling you skippy was a little harsh, if your offended by that I am sorry. We do have quite a few people on here that come here just to troll, over on GPL a lot of this type behavior gets people shut down immediately, Jim is more lenient. However, you did call me out when I initially didn't bring up the subject of the Wisconsin goalie being run over, sprig brought it up, so you might want to call him out too?

Skippy was not a bit harsh, since h1 fits the name. I missed this run the goalie argument that I started since I ignore h1, but, having looked at the post now, I haven't changed my mind. I didn't care which team won, but the Gopher clearly ran Elliot, which directly resulted in the gwg. There is no way you could construe the Wisco player trying to hold the gopher away from the crease as "pushing him in", unless, of course, like h1, one is wearing maroon glasses.

Edit: Now that I found and watched the utube replay, my description above is incorrect. Carman ran Elliot before the Wisco player made contact, not after.

Edit: Now that I found and watched the utube replay, my description above is incorrect. Carman ran Elliot before the Wisco player made contact, not after.

Any chance you could post the link? Please :silly:

Never mind Goon had it on his blog. Here's the link for anyone else.

Yeah, that was Goalie Interference, no doubt about it.

Any chance you could post the link? Please :silly:

Never mind Goon had it on his blog. Here's the link for anyone else.

Yeah, that was Goalie Interference, no doubt about it.

Looking just straight at the video one time, it was hard to see that Carman did-in-fact hit Elliot before the Wisconsin player made contact. It was pretty much bang-bang in live action. It would be tough to separate the 2 actions in real speed if I was the referee too. He could have reviewed the goal, but no one from Wisconsin's side even brought it to his attention. Blame Wisconsin, not the ref.

I don't know. RIght now, if Phil's healthy, he plays.

I have a question to all your armchair coaches on this website: In a coaching context, say you have Grieco on your team. You are very high on him and he's had his worst weekend of his life on the ice. How would you help him regain his confidence? Is there something the coaches can do during the week of practice that would help? I'm not sure Grieco's confidence is shot, but if I were in his place, I wouldn't exactly be feeling too good about myself right now.

In fact, I am worried about the entire team's confidence. Saturday's game was a ton of not getting the bounces we needed. 3 posts, at least 3 other very close calls. A few inches over and we could have won that game 8-4! But, alas, it didn't happen. That HAS to affect a team's morale.

If Grieco is the best goalie we have up and coming, we are in alot of trouble. That game in alaska was just awful! Granted, it was only one weekend of hockey, but it was very very bad.

I hope we are heavily recruiting, because this team is done if we can't get a goalie to perform.

Looking just straight at the video one time, it was hard to see that Carman did-in-fact hit Elliot before the Wisconsin player made contact. It was pretty much bang-bang in live action. It would be tough to separate the 2 actions in real speed if I was the referee too. He could have reviewed the goal, but no one from Wisconsin's side even brought it to his attention. Blame Wisconsin, not the ref.

He (Carman) made no effort NOT to hit the goalie. That's a clear penalty.

If Grieco is the best goalie we have up and coming, we are in alot of trouble. That game in alaska was just awful! Granted, it was only one weekend of hockey, but it was very very bad.

I hope we are heavily recruiting, because this team is done if we can't get a goalie to perform.

neoflex, what were you doing at age 17? I'd be willing to bet it wasn't playing on a big time D1 hockey team.

Please, Goon (or since you are calliing me Skippy, I will call you Loser) don't bring up the conspiracy that the Gophers get most of the breaks. The Gophers are penalized just as much as any other team in the league. Against Duluth the Dogs had 5 or 6 more power plays for the weekend than the Gophers. Wooger is right about the officials being questionable, they have been inconsistent for years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMFG I can't BELIEVE you would say that... let's see... OT goal is offsides/hand pass (Wooger said it! He called it offsides!)... and the Don Adam debacle... losing our star player in the first period for a questionable CFB, then a cream-puff "make-up" CFB on Goligoski with 5 min to go, then Andrew Carroll gets CFB into the boards, by far the worst hit of the night, and there's NO call... Vanelli deliberately knocking the net loose (since Briggs was unable to!) RIGHT IN FRONT OF ADAM and the faceoff brought all the way to the other end of the rink... OMG that's like the WORST series to bring up if you're trying to say there's no conspiracy!!!! Wow. Just, wow.

About the WCH thread: I think it's funny the Gopher fans think we're saying no goal because we hate the Gophers... but HELLO most of those people probably hate Wisconsin, too.

Did you guys know CC has not won a national championship since 1957... I found that on the internet somewhere... can't remember where... :D

I'll see you all later tonight, 'Dogs are going to win and the Sioux are going to win!!! And I am going to take a nap, since I had to work this morning while most of you still had visions of sugarplums dancing in your heads.

I don't know. RIght now, if Phil's healthy, he plays.

I have a question to all your armchair coaches on this website: In a coaching context, say you have Grieco on your team. You are very high on him and he's had his worst weekend of his life on the ice. How would you help him regain his confidence? Is there something the coaches can do during the week of practice that would help? I'm not sure Grieco's confidence is shot, but if I were in his place, I wouldn't exactly be feeling too good about myself right now.

In fact, I am worried about the entire team's confidence. Saturday's game was a ton of not getting the bounces we needed. 3 posts, at least 3 other very close calls. A few inches over and we could have won that game 8-4! But, alas, it didn't happen. That HAS to affect a team's morale.

I firmly believe that our lads will bounce back big this weekend and I get to watch tonight's game real time as I'm off work in a couple of hours.

neoflex, what were you doing at age 17? I'd be willing to bet it wasn't playing on a big time D1 hockey team.

Triouxper- I know what I was doing. I was sitting in front of the tube getting fat. :D

In any case, neoflex and Lives to Play Hockey 06 have already thrown Grieco under the bus. Talking to them about Grieco is like talking to many posters here on how Okposo is the next coming of Vanek. ;) It's just not worth the time.

Triouxper- I know what I was doing. I was sitting in front of the tube getting fat. :D

In any case, neoflex and Lives to Play Hockey 06 have already thrown Grieco under the bus. Talking to them about Grieco is like talking to many posters here on how Okposo is the next coming of Vanek. ;) It's just not worth the time.

Next time I see AG I'll try to rember to tell him that he sucks and is not worthy to wear the Sioux jersey. I hope he's not to dissapointed.

I was very, very disappointed with Greico's play last weekend in Alaska. I'm sure everybody was. I can see both sides of the coin with the kid. I do realize that he is only 17. That said, the opposing teams won't change their game plan just because a young player is on the ice. This is big boy hockey and you can either play at this level or you can't. Time will tell with Greico. I haven't seen enough of him to make a determination one way or the other. I think we can all agree that he needs to improve if he wants to be the man at UND. The question is - will he? There is plenty of time to find out.

I think most hockey fans automatically blame the goalie when the bad guys score. The truth is that most goals are a result of a breakdown with the defense before the shot was taken.

One last thing from my point of view, which admittedly isn't worth the price of a cup of coffee. I think some Sioux fans fall in love with not only the team, but individual players. Take Greico for instance. No matter how poorly he plays, there will be a handful of fans who will make excuses for him. Other fans will see a few bad performances and come to the conclusion that he sucks and always will. It's just how it is. Different strokes.....

Enough of the rambling... I got a hockey game to go see live for the first time in 2 years. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

I was very, very disappointed with Greico's play last weekend in Alaska. I'm sure everybody was. I can see both sides of the coin with the kid. I do realize that he is only 17. That said, the opposing teams won't change their game plan just because a young player is on the ice. This is big boy hockey and you can either play at this level or you can't. Time will tell with Greico. I haven't seen enough of him to make a determination one way or the other. I think we can all agree that he needs to improve if he wants to be the man at UND. The question is - will he? There is plenty of time to find out.

I think most hockey fans automatically blame the goalie when the bad guys score. The truth is that most goals are a result of a breakdown with the defense before the shot was taken.

One last thing from my point of view, which admittedly isn't worth the price of a cup of coffee. I think some Sioux fans fall in love with not only the team, but individual players. Take Greico for instance. No matter how poorly he plays, there will be a handful of fans who will make excuses for him. Other fans will see a few bad performances and come to the conclusion that he sucks and always will. It's just how it is. Different strokes.....

Enough of the rambling... I got a hockey game to go see live for the first time in 2 years. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

The kid's played what all of 4-6 games. These are the same people that were calling for Hak's head half way through his first season. C'mon give the kid a little time. I don't recall JPar or Lammy being outstanding when they first started either.