SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. CC

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played poorly in Alaska, as usual... Frozen Four here we come, as usual... ;):silly:

Every team tends to play poorly their first game back from Alaska, so don't be surprised if it happens on Friday.

Good... because I'll still be in Michigan on Friday, but I'm coming back in time for Saturday's game ;)

Grieco starts on Friday :silly:;);)

I don't know. RIght now, if Phil's healthy, he plays.

I have a question to all your armchair coaches on this website: In a coaching context, say you have Grieco on your team. You are very high on him and he's had his worst weekend of his life on the ice. How would you help him regain his confidence? Is there something the coaches can do during the week of practice that would help? I'm not sure Grieco's confidence is shot, but if I were in his place, I wouldn't exactly be feeling too good about myself right now.

In fact, I am worried about the entire team's confidence. Saturday's game was a ton of not getting the bounces we needed. 3 posts, at least 3 other very close calls. A few inches over and we could have won that game 8-4! But, alas, it didn't happen. That HAS to affect a team's morale.

I don't know. Right now, if Phil's healthy, he plays.

I have a question to all your armchair coaches on this website: In a coaching context, say you have Grieco on your team. You are very high on him and he's had his worst weekend of his life on the ice. How would you help him regain his confidence? Is there something the coaches can do during the week of practice that would help? I'm not sure Grieco's confidence is shot, but if I were in his place, I wouldn't exactly be feeling too good about myself right now.

In fact, I am worried about the entire team's confidence. Saturday's game was a ton of not getting the bounces we needed. 3 posts, at least 3 other very close calls. A few inches over and we could have won that game 8-4! But, alas, it didn't happen. That HAS to affect a team's morale.

I would say some shooting drills in practice this week. I am sure we will get the Walski should start this week. :silly: I would say it maybe something like Phil on Friday and Grieco on Saturday.

I would say some shooting drills in practice this week. I am sure we will get the Walski should start this week. :silly: I would say it maybe something like Phil on Friday and Grieco on Saturday.

shotting drills, definitely.

as far as greico is concerned, is it just me, or did he not make some great saves this weekend. im pretty sure i saw him sprawl, almost fly, from one end of the crease to the other to rob Beagle of a sure goal with his glove. a save that im not sure if even Parise would have made. the problem isnt in the good goals against him, its in the easy goals against him....the crap goals. he needs to work on his puck handling ALOT: not giving up rebounds for one, and holding on to the puck for dear life when he does have it. paying attention enough to not let tricklers in. on the webcast saturday night the commentators made a good point: UAA was just throwing puck at the net from anywhere because they knew Greico was giving up easy goals. Greico is a good goalie, he just has a problem giving up those easy ones (i seem to remember people talking about Parise that same way last yaer.....he would make the amazing saves, but give up easy goals here and there....hmmm)

also, i believe that walski had a great first showing. stopping 8 of 9 shots of a team who was apparently red hot....he didnt let things go that Greico was....and the one shot he did let in was no crap goal. if lammy isnt healthy against CC id put Walski in one of the nights. it just all seems like kind of a toss up to me.

Kinda interesting that when we had lammy healthy everyone wanted someone else. now that we dont have him, everyone wants lammy.....fair weather goalie fans ;)

im no armchair coach lol....but those are my thoughts

Should be a good series. I hope we're able to rebound from last weekend's floundering...as for our goalie situation if Lammy is unavailable then I'd have to say give Grieco the start on Friday and see how he does. If he doesn't to well then give the Saturday start to Walski.

I wanted to go to this series with a couple of my friends but they all denounced my efforts because there going to have a small halo tournament :silly:

here is looking ahead.....

Minnesota:14pts

Denver:11pts

UND:9pts

UAA:8pts

MTU:8pts

CC:8pts

point here is (no pun intended lol) we play CC and Wisconsin in our next 2 series....both WCHA teams, and both teams who are consistently bothersome. Denver also plays CC (after us), but also plays Air Force and Robert Morris, easy teams. Minnesota plays MTU, Michigan, and Mankato next. should be easy for them. what im saying is....should be tough for us to get back on track and stay in the WCHA point runnings for the next month or so. whatever happens, LETS GO SIOUX!!

here is looking ahead.....

Minnesota:14pts

Denver:11pts

UND:9pts

UAA:8pts

MTU:8pts

CC:8pts

point here is (no pun intended lol) we play CC and Wisconsin in our next 2 series....both WCHA teams, and both teams who are consistently bothersome. Denver also plays CC (after us), but also plays Air Force and Robert Morris, easy teams. Minnesota plays MTU, Michigan, and Mankato next. should be easy for them. what im saying is....should be tough for us to get back on track and stay in the WCHA point runnings for the next month or so. whatever happens, LETS GO SIOUX!!

Ok, assuming we can resolve our scoring issues, CC isn't all as scary as they used to be. Their defense isn't as strong as it once was and they have less scoring depth than we do (theoretically).

The problem with CC that we'll have is that Matt Zaba is playing very very well right now.

UW is tanking. This means we don't know what we're going to get when we face them. Either they'll turtle more and we'll take at least 2, if not 3 points. Or they will bounce back and they'll take 2 or more points. I'm more worried about the UW series than the CC series.

Ok, assuming we can resolve our scoring issues, CC isn't all as scary as they used to be. Their defense isn't as strong as it once was and they have less scoring depth than we do (theoretically).

The problem with CC that we'll have is that Matt Zaba is playing very very well right now.

UW is tanking. This means we don't know what we're going to get when we face them. Either they'll turtle more and we'll take at least 2, if not 3 points. Or they will bounce back and they'll take 2 or more points. I'm more worried about the UW series than the CC series.

yeah u are right. from the looks of it UW is not doing well at all, especially after last season. but i would easily attribute it to all the talent they lost in the offseason. it may be easier than usual, but it wont be just easy. i thinhk if we take last weekend and use it to our advantage to start pounding the boards (with tigers and badgers in between :silly: ) we could take bith series. i predict, however, that we will either split with CC or get a win and a tie. and i expect a sweep of UW because by then we should be back on track and out of the mid-year slump....thats just me though

It's over.

Sell your game-worn sweaters. Get rid of your green face paint. Dump your season tickets while there's still a market: some idiot corporate-type will buy them. They don't realize they're watching a pathetically over-rated team of prima donnas and wasted draft picks.

CC will kick azz this weekend. The Sioux will have a hard time beating the U-18s in two weeks.

Lighten up everyone...it's early. I think they'll get things straightened out.

It's over.

Sell your game-worn sweaters. Get rid of your green face paint. Dump your season tickets while there's still a market: some idiot corporate-type will buy them. They don't realize they're watching a pathetically over-rated team of prima donnas and wasted draft picks.

CC will kick azz this weekend. The Sioux will have a hard time beating the U-18s in two weeks.

I thought you said when you got some of that "good stuff" you were going to share it. :silly:

Lighten up everyone...it's early. I think they'll get things straightened out.

UW is tanking. This means we don't know what we're going to get when we face them.

There is no excuse for losing to Wisconsin, they are not very good at all right now. Heck all you have to do is score one goal even Elliot is looking beat able.

of course.....and since we should have easily beatin UAA and gotten swept....why couldnt the same thing happen to the Goofs.

Didn't you say that the Gophers had an easy schedule the next few games? :silly: (see page 1) Well, MSU is #6 and Michigan is #7 for this weekends games. Tough games for Goldy this weekend. Not lighting the world on fire with predicting that the Gophers might lose a game (or 2) this weekend with the teams coming to Mariucci. Although, the Gophers seem to match-up well against Michigan since they like to play the same style. MSU might give the Gophers some issues.

There is no excuse for losing to Wisconsin, they are not very good at all right now. Heck all you have to do is score one goal even Elliot is looking beat able.

Although the game winner on Sunday was a run the goalie, clean up the puck afterwards. Even Wisco could score a goal like that, if it was always legal.