SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Winona State

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm totally confusing myself by watching the OSU/Michigan game and listening to the Sioux game.... Buckeyes scored and I wasn't paying attention and my little brother yells touchdown, and I was like what lol...

Anyways, back to our game.... There seems to be lots of injuries?? On both teams?? What's up with that?

BSU was way more deserving than Winona. At least there would have been more people at the game. My 49-2 prediction wasn't too far off. Complete domination by the fighting sioux today. The challenges get bigger now as the guys get their chance for revenge against Omaha. Should be a good one.

I think WSU Warrior or whatever his name is will start living vicariously through Omaha now. Don't expect the moron to go away after his team got it handed to them twice.

The last three times the two teams have played UND has scored a total of 147 points.... :silly:

Got back from the game, there did seem to be quite a few injuries on both sides. It seemed like every ten minutes someone was on the ground and they had to help them off the field. Exagerating a little bit there, but still. I think that Strouth is done for awhile. I was looking right at it when it happened and it was something to do with his knee. He couldn't put any weight on it when they were taking him off the field. That is about all that happened that you guys hadn't covered. It was a bit of a blow away game.

I heard that Stroup killed WSU's backup QB... I hope he'll be ok.

which one? they hit the 2nd string QB on the second play and supposedly broke his wrist, but they had brought out the stretcher so who knows. The third string QB was limping at the end of the game. I can't remember if it was Stroup who hit him though.

Got back from the game, there did seem to be quite a few injuries on both sides. It seemed like every ten minutes someone was on the ground and they had to help them off the field. Exagerating a little bit there, but still. I think that Strouth is done for awhile. I was looking right at it when it happened and it was something to do with his knee. He couldn't put any weight on it when they were taking him off the field. That is about all that happened that you guys hadn't covered. It was a bit of a blow away game.

Yes some of those late injuries do not look very good at all.

I was at the game today. Great day to get rolling into the playoffs. However, the crowd size was embarassing to say the least. Is there really that much goin on right now that we couldn't pull more than 5,073 people in there (smallest UND F-ball crowd in Alerus Center history). I understand, a more formidable opponent might would have made the crowd better, but damn man!

I was at the game today. Great day to get rolling into the playoffs. However, the crowd size was embarassing to say the least. Is there really that much goin on right now that we couldn't pull more than 5,073 people in there (smallest UND F-ball crowd in Alerus Center history).

Hey, I was there. (However, I admit I did leave at halftime when everyone else I was with did. Didn't feel like sitting there by myself.)

Hopefully I can get LeftyZL and Cratter to make the trek to Omaha with me. Just gotta get someone to cover saturday for me! :silly:

I must say that is very SAD!!!

I was there too. And the crowd that was there wasn't handled very well. I understand that the NCAA has their rules, and things change with the playoffs but it was just dumb. They forced the students outside of the 30 yard line in sections 212 and 211. For the entire game the front eight rows of section 213 (around the 30-40 yard line) were almost completely empty. Whenever students would try to move into those seats they would be kicked out and eventually a security guard was placed in the first row with the sole intention of keeping students out. It seems like the students are a huge part of getting the crowd in the game, and by shoving them in a corner, you're going to make it quieter than usual.

First of all I'll start this post by saying anyone who's an opponent of the D-I move should have had to sit through that game today. Winona unfortunately is the quality of team that's becoming the norm rather than the exception of D-II and anybody who was looking forward to being in a conference with them most likely isn't a true football fan. Second of all the NCAAssholes should never ever put out any materials saying they actually care about students with the way they screwed over the UND students and other students all around D-II with their no home field advantage rules. Lastly, thumbs down to the Alerus security nazi's, after kickoff most venues allow free relocation if seats aren't sold and if I believe correctly the NCAA allows it at their events too, the fact they were ignorant to this just goes to show what kind of idiots we got working over there.

I'm sure when we make the jump to Div 1aa / Div 1 that all these things will cure themselfs...

We will for sure fill our New Open Air Outside Stadium to 25, 000 plus capacity, so we won't have to worry about the Alerus Security Nazis. The atomshpere wil be fantastic because we will be playing a regional powerhouse like UC Davis (Ranked #22 in Country at 5-5)

Yea Right...I Can't wait...