SiouxSports.com Forum

You guys proved yourselves.

TheBisonator

I gotta give you a lot of credit for how you played today. UND has a really good football team. I've been accused of smacking a lot in the past, and a lot of that is passion driven. (Hey, I'm an NDSU guy!! ;)) I generally don't like UND, and I'll say a lot of things to put down UND and Grand Forks in general, but as a human being, I feel obligated to give you a level of respect when you accomplish something. It's just being a good human being. Therefore, I tip my hat to you guys. UND has a very, very good football team. The thing I can take away from this is that you have solidified yourselves as a very serious candidate for the GWFC, and this gives us Bison fans a legitimate reason to schedule you in the future and take the Nickel back from you. :lol:

Anyway, I want to end with some thought I had as I was listening to this game (I cut and pasted this on a couple other boards):

This game only reinforces my opinion further that NDSU and UND should've accepted the offer from the Big Sky Conference to join and play I-AA football back in 1978 when the conference was formed. Furthermore, this game ALSO reinforces my opinion that the recent 5-year transition rule for new DI teams that the NCAA has set up is inherently unfair, Mafia-like and even sadistic. If the NCAA has any common sense after this game, it would be to immediately shorten UND's transition to 3 or so years from 2007 to 2010 or so, and make NDSU playoff eligible right away in every sport.

If the NCAA had any modicum of decency in themselves, they would redo the transition rule on a sliding scale of how good a school already is in Division II.

Again, congratulations.

Bison fans, I recommend you all come here and congratulate them. They did it for us when we beat Wisconsin in hoops.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until about three minutes ago, I did not want the Bison to play the Sioux for a LOOONG time. Now, as of three minutes ago, I want us to play each other again, and SOON. I want that Nickel Trophy back. UND wouldn't lie down and die for NDSU like us Bison fans thought they would (if the two teams ever played again) before this game. An NDSU/UND Nickel game would be a tough battle for either side. I want to see who's better.

Again, congrats.

Until about three minutes ago, I did not want the Bison to play the Sioux for a LOOONG time. Now, as of three minutes ago, I want us to play each other again, and SOON. I want that Nickel Trophy back. UND wouldn't lie down and die for NDSU like us Bison fans thought they would (if the two teams ever played again) before this game. An NDSU/UND Nickel game would be a tough battle for either side. I want to see who's better.

Again, congrats.

Its time to renew the rivarly again, I think the fans deserve it. Our programs need it.

Time to start talking about setting up a date between the two teams.

Ahhhhh so this is what it feels like to beat a D1aa Super Power #3 ranked!! :0:D

Was not the number #1 ranked team but I am ok with #3. ;)

Ask any old Bison fan when they beat Montana how they felt and that's how I feel today!!!! ;)

UND and NDSU really have built the bridge between D2 and D1aa!! :D

....NDSU and UND should've accepted the offer from the Big Sky Conference to join and play I-AA football back in 1978 when the conference was formed.

I was 11 then. I would've agreed then, and definitely agree now. Montana and Montana St. are peer schools, always have been.

Straight from Iowa, this game just reinforces what many a Sioux fans have been saying for many years now(myself included), there isn't that big of a gap between the top teams in IAA and D2 like many fans of certain schools want you to believe.

Also, don't be suprised if UND is a average NCC team this year.

PS. Bunning is a class act. (reinforced from talking to him tonight again.)

I gotta give you a lot of credit for how you played today. UND has a really good football team. I've been accused of smacking a lot in the past, and a lot of that is passion driven. (Hey, I'm an NDSU guy!! :D) I generally don't like UND, and I'll say a lot of things to put down UND and Grand Forks in general, but as a human being, I feel obligated to give you a level of respect when you accomplish something. It's just being a good human being. Therefore, I tip my hat to you guys. UND has a very, very good football team. The thing I can take away from this is that you have solidified yourselves as a very serious candidate for the GWFC, and this gives us Bison fans a legitimate reason to schedule you in the future and take the Nickel back from you. :D

Anyway, I want to end with some thought I had as I was listening to this game (I cut and pasted this on a couple other boards):

This game only reinforces my opinion further that NDSU and UND should've accepted the offer from the Big Sky Conference to join and play I-AA football back in 1978 when the conference was formed. Furthermore, this game ALSO reinforces my opinion that the recent 5-year transition rule for new DI teams that the NCAA has set up is inherently unfair, Mafia-like and even sadistic. If the NCAA has any common sense after this game, it would be to immediately shorten UND's transition to 3 or so years from 2007 to 2010 or so, and make NDSU playoff eligible right away in every sport.

If the NCAA had any modicum of decency in themselves, they would redo the transition rule on a sliding scale of how good a school already is in Division II.

Again, congratulations.

Bison fans, I recommend you all come here and congratulate them. They did it for us when we beat Wisconsin in hoops.

Thank you for the kind words/praise.................we did have to earn them though didn't we? :0 I agree with you on the big sky back in the 70's and remember what they said to the North Dakota schools........."It's either both of you or neither of you"

Good game Sioux, you guys played hard and earned a lot of respect from this Bison fan. I didn't think you would win but as soon as this game was scheduled I told UNI fans to watch out because the Sioux won't be your typical DII game. Again great game, hope to see you guys on the schedule soon.

We ended up listening to the final five minutes of the game in the Paradiso parking lot......I'm sure someone heard our screaming coming from the inside the car and wondered wtf was up.

Kudos to the Sioux for a big win that proves that we are ready for that move to D1-AA.

Bring on the Bison baby!!!!!!!

This game only reinforces my opinion further that NDSU and UND should've accepted the offer from the Big Sky Conference to join and play I-AA football back in 1978 when the conference was formed.

NDSU and UND applied for membership in the Big Sky back then. An invitation was not extended.

Congrats to UND on a HUGE win for the program!!!

I had UND losing by 14 (31-17) in the thread on the AGS forum, but it looks like the Panthers bit off more than they could chew when UND stepped foot in the UNI-Dome.

Congrats to the UND Sioux! What a huge accomplishment your football team has made! It goes to show you how above and beyond North Dakota football is become, and how both teams can compete with anyone! If UND was looking for respect, they just earned it. Now all that is left is for your mens bball team to beat a ranked division 1 team! :D

Congrats

After what happened in Cedar Falls, I already have a pretty good idea who's better. If and when NDSU wants to continue being owned by us, we'll be happy to pick up where we left off in winning 10 of the last 13 games we played against them. :D

All smack talk aside, I honestly don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that NDSU wouldn't give us as tough a game as UNI gave us. After all, UNI was last year's D-1AA runner-up and ranked #3 nationally coming into the game. NDSU, after beating Montana as a non-playoff D2 team in 2003, has yet to beat a quality D-1AA opponent since moving up to D-1AA in 2004.

All things considered, this win just goes to show that I was right all along when I said that there is very little difference between the top teams in D2 and the top teams in D-1AA. I love being proven right, it feels soooooooo good. :D

You realize there's a such thing as being a sore winner, right??

As of now, I have counted 14 Sioux fans who were happy with their win and yet responded to my congratulations here, at AGS and at Bisonville with grace and class. You are the only one who hasn't done so.

Five percent, Dave. You're in the five percent.

I agree dave. All the bison fans have been saying for 3 years is that there is a bis jump from DII to aa. And they all said that this game would prove the point. Well bison fans, "look at us now, look at us now". A little saying from Paul Allen "WERE COMING, WERE COMING". If some of the bison posters would have just been half a$$ed decent this would not turn to smack, but some of them got so cocky about this whole thing DII versus aa deal it is sick. Tell me know bison fans, what is the difference between DII and aa. Now I bet they all want to play for the NICKEL, which is locked down in G.F. for how long now. I might have some mistakes here, but it's three in the morning and the celebration is going strong.

After what happened in Cedar Falls, I already have a pretty good idea who's better. If and when NDSU wants to continue being owned by us, we'll be happy to pick up where we left off in winning 10 of the last 13 games we played against them. :D

All smack talk aside, I honestly don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that NDSU wouldn't give us as tough a game as UNI gave us. After all, UNI was last year's D-1AA runner-up and ranked #3 nationally coming into the game. NDSU, after beating Montana as a non-playoff D2 team in 2003, has yet to beat a quality D-1AA opponent since moving up to D-1AA in 2004.

All things considered, this win just goes to show that I was right all along when I said that there is very little difference between the top teams in D2 and the top teams in D-1AA. I love being proven right, it feels soooooooo good. :D

NDSU defense has to be a lot better than UNI's, but I doubt the SU offense stacks up to what UNI puts on the field. I think it would be a very good game, but we will have to wait a few years.

I agree dave. All the bison fans have been saying for 3 years is that there is a bis jump from DII to aa. And they all said that this game would prove the point. Well bison fans, "look at us now, look at us now". A little saying from Paul Allen "WERE COMING, WERE COMING". If some of the bison posters would have just been half a$$ed decent this would not turn to smack, but some of them got so cocky about this whole thing DII versus aa deal it is sick. Tell me know bison fans, what is the difference between DII and aa. Now I bet they all want to play for the NICKEL, which is locked down in G.F. for how long now. I might have some mistakes here, but it's three in the morning and the celebration is going strong.

It was a good win, but we UND fans shouldn't have a big ego over the win. It is a great stand alone win, but UND would have a much tougher time if they were playing a complete schedule of 1aa teams.

UND fans always blast NSIC teams that are good because they don't have to play the competition week in and week out like teams in the NCC do. It's the same situation here, it's very difficult to play at a extremely high level every week of the season. Basically being an outstanding D2 program compared to 1aa, is similar to the NSIC stacking up to the NCC.

Winona State typically dominates the NSIC, but if they played in a tougher conference they would typically have 2-5 more losses every season.

I seem to remember an NDSU program that won the 13 games in a row before that 10-3 run began. Last night when I went out and was talking to Bison fans about the game, they all had respectful things to say about our program- which doesn't happen very often. Just say thanks and move on. Yesterday was a great day for ALL football fans in North Dakota.

One down, one to go. Now all I need is for the Gophers to not only beat but humiliate NDSU and my college football season will be complete.

I hope NDSU has a good day against the Gophers. I'd pick the small North Dakota School-with some local talent on it anyday over the Goofs.

One down, one to go. Now all I need is for the Gophers to not only beat but humiliate NDSU and my college football season will be complete.

I think this statement is very petty, most of the NDSU fans that came on the board yesterday were just here to say good game. They don't really deserve to be abused and belittled over it. The fans you are truely aiming your remarks at aren't the kind of people that would come on the board and admit they were wrong.

I guess it's just nice to think we should and would show some class in the situation and graciously accept some compliments that are directed toward the UND football team.

I personally like to see NDSU do well at all times except when in direct competition with UND, although I think most Sioux fans probably do not agree with me on this