SiouxSports.com Forum

The Current Situation

Cratter

The Mid-Con commissioner said his conference won't be talking to North Dakota as long as the Sioux are in D-II. By saying that, in my opinion, he implied the Mid-Con would be very interested if North Dakota went D-I.

I think NDSU and SDSU will be invited to join next month. I hope you're next.

UMKC Board:

http://umkcroos.proboards78.com/

The MidCon is desperate right now. Anyone could get into that conference.

But like I said earlier, I'd rather be NCC D2.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why because I choose to argue with posts that are incorrect? Sorry I guess. I'm not a UND cheerleader, and I don't claim to be. Out of all of my posts I challenge you to find any that are irrational, or incorrect in the information they provide. If you can't than I don't understand your problem.

In two years UND will be in D-II. In five years, UND will still be in D-II working on their hockey program. The longer UND goes without being a peer of NDSU's the less likely it is they will change. 10 years from now, talk about UND and NDSU playing each other is going to seem like a novelty. Thats my opinion. I'm sure it pisses you off. Thats why I don't go around saying it on the board, and instead just talk about topics that interest me.

I challenge you to show me where I said that you were irrational or incorrect. I said that you have a negative bent. No one is asking you to be a UND cheerleader. My observation was that you rip on posts that show some optimism in UND athletic programs. Are you saying that all of your opinions posted on this board are correct and others opinions are incorrect?

I'm sure I'll get another caustic response to my opinion on this, but I don't believe that in five years UND will be in Division II. I don't think that UND alumni will allow for that to happen. Heck, for all I know Kupchella could announce the move in the next month. As far as getting "pissed" about it. Sorry, my priorities in life don't include getting upset about whether UND and NDSU play each other.

Yeah, my hearts broken. Thats sounds like something someone's mom would say to them. "Don't worry about him, hes just jealous of what a nice boy you are". Give me a break. I can tell that nobody has any actual facts when I have to read stuff like this.

Everybody remember, I'm the reason UND isn't D-I right now, so keep insulting me, and it will just go away!!!

My post is in response to your negativity, not your opinion. Your entitled to your own opinion just as everyone else is entitled to theirs. Being dumped is one reason for only seeing the DARK side! Com'on pull up those boot straps, chin up, move on to your next victim love. The sun will shine again. ;)

It is silly to think that the Big Sky will take any of us. With the current makeup of Presidents, the Sky does not see North Dakota (the entire state) as with in its footprint. The expansion to 12 teams is all but dead. It seems that right now the only options for schools located in the Dakotas will be the MidCon/GWFC path. I obviously don't like that as well as the Sky, but then again I am more of a football fan than anything.

The two things I don't like about the MidCon/GWFC route are:

1- No autobid for the GWFC and there will not be an autobid in the near future.

2- No schools in the MidCon that will spur a great rivalry.

If another school were to leave the MidCon I suspect it would they would not depart until 2008, and that is the year that the SUs beecome elgible for the post season. That will keep the autobid for the MidCon in BB.

What any North Dakota school in the MidCon/GWFC needs to do for OOC games is work like hell to get both Montana schools on the schedule....They are the best part of the Big Sky.

AS for Sac State going D1A, I will believe it when I see it. They are the doormat of the Sky and in no position to make a move.....

The Mid-Continent Conference:

Centenary

Chicago State

Indiana U/Purdue U Indianapolis

U Missouri Kansas City

Oakland

Oral Roberts

Southern Utah

Valparaiso

Western Illinois

I find one, maybe two, of that list that I'd call a peer of either of the 'SUs or UND.

Centenary

Chicago State

U Missouri Kansas City

Oakland

Oral Roberts

Southern Utah

Valparaiso

Western Illinois

I find one, maybe two, of that list that I'd call a peer of either of the 'SUs or UND.

If that's our only choice, should we stay DII?

Centenary

Chicago State

U Missouri Kansas City

Oakland

Oral Roberts

Southern Utah

Valparaiso

Western Illinois

Thats ok I'm glad you see that NDSU is Heads above the rest. Now on the other hand can you honestly tell me there is anything different about the NCC and UND?

Thats ok I'm glad you see that NDSU is Heads above the rest. Now on the other hand can you honestly tell me there is anything different about the NCC and UND?

I should clarify. I'm not posting smack here but asking a legit question. Do you see UND with the Current NCC lineup being with peer institutions?

Centenary

Chicago State

U Missouri Kansas City

Oakland

Oral Roberts

Southern Utah

Valparaiso

Western Illinois

Oh, I agree with that. No doubt the Big Sky would be better, but it isn't realistic for now. On the otherhand, being in the MidCon with no Valpo may mean that the Dakota schools will have a decent shot each year at going to the NCAA......and I do like that.

Oh, I agree with that. No doubt the Big Sky would be better, but it isn't realistic for now. On the otherhand, being in the MidCon with no Valpo may mean that the Dakota schools will have a decent shot each year at going to the NCAA......and I do like that.

Nope, the current NCC isn't much better. USD is a flagship, but certainly smaller than UND. UNO is still essentially a commuter school, Augie is sort of the Vanderbilt or Northwestern of the the NCC, and the three Minnesota schools are all clearly second fiddles to UMTC and unfortunately are funded that way. I'd rather look at the big picture peers of the whole of DI and the whole of DII and then it's pretty obvious.

Nope, the current NCC isn't much better. USD is a flagship, but certainly smaller than UND. UNO is still essentially a commuter school, Augie is sort of the Vanderbilt or Northwestern of the the NCC, and the three Minnesota schools are all clearly second fiddles to UMTC and unfortunately are funded that way. I'd rather look at the big picture peers of the whole of DI and the whole of DII and then it's pretty obvious.

I know you didn't post the remark about the Mid-Con and NDSU but at least you see the bigger picture and can honestly answer a question unlike some of your sioux counterparts. Congratulations to you, now you just need to work on some of your bretheren up there. As far as what happens with UND I really don't care but find it the height of hypocrisy when they slam the Mid-Con yet play teams like Augie and UMC and Mary. End of Story..

Getting the ball rolling as a DI independent would be better than remaining DII.

Absolutely, I agree 100%

Do you see UND with the Current NCC lineup being with peer institutions?

The core of the NCC is not a problem, the scary thing for me is the possible additions that have been thrown out there. Former Dac-10 schools, St. Thomas, Winona (although I respect them alot athletically) are not peers of UND and I don't want to be regularly associated with them. Duluth was a very nice addition (considering what the NCC lost), but they are no peer of UND. USD is a peer of UND, and so is UNO. I don't consider them a "commuter school", they are the second largest university in Nebraska.

I understand UNO is a big school student wise, but it is comparable to IUPUI, UM-KC, Oakland and others that are derided as "commuter" schools. That's why I mentioned them that way. And while the second largest school in the state, the dropoff from Lincoln in even more pronounced than the Minnesota schools.

I should clarify. I'm not posting smack here but asking a legit question. Do you see UND with the Current NCC lineup being with peer institutions?

I know you didn't post the remark about the Mid-Con and NDSU but at least you see the bigger picture and can honestly answer a question unlike some of your sioux counterparts. Congratulations to you, now you just need to work on some of your bretheren up there. As far as what happens with UND I really don't care but find it the height of hypocrisy when they slam the Mid-Con yet play teams like Augie and UMC and Mary. End of Story..

Clever. Original post wasn't meant as smack. It was just a back-handed set up to smack UND fans. ;)

This may have been posted elsewhere and I just didn't see it. This is from the IAC's March meeting.

Reclassification Study: Paul Todhunter asked if more academic support would be needed if more marginal student-athletes were recruited. Sue Jeno said that Division I recruits need to be more academically prepared initially and are monitored closely for continuing eligibility. The UND Admissions Office has a good outreach program. Paul Todhunter questioned whether a move to Division I would make it necessary for UND to eliminate any sports programs. Tom Buning said the hope is to maintain the current offerings. It is not known whether the final reclassification report will be published on UND

Can we get Bruce Smith to replace Kupchella?

Yeah, then we can start running this school like it should be, FOOTBALL and HOCKEY FIRST. Is anybody else as tired of academics as me? I mean seriously, how much can it cost to have classes. The first thing that needs to go are all of the teachers. I'm pretty sure they could get by on half of what they have right now. I mean, their not even doing anything half the time. What a bunch of lazy as$es. The money saved there could probably fund a move to D-I, so that UND is playing for the nickel again. And thats not even getting to all of that bullsh!t "research". I've got an idea, why don't all of those teachers research a beer at a hockey game. THERE'S something that actually matters.

UND: Holding NDSU back from the Big Sky since 2005. ;)

Yeah, thats it. Definitely not NDSU's transition period, geography, and being a relative unknown to the conference. It was UND. I mean, UND is the center of the world.

Yeah, then we can start running this school like it should be, FOOTBALL and HOCKEY FIRST. Is anybody else as tired of academics as me? I mean seriously, how much can it cost to have classes. The first thing that needs to go are all of the teachers. I'm pretty sure they could get by on half of what they have right now. I mean, their not even doing anything half the time. What a bunch of lazy as$es. The money saved there could probably fund a move to D-I, so that UND is playing for the nickel again. And thats not even getting to all of that bullsh!t "research". I've got an idea, why don't all of those teachers research a beer at a hockey game. THERE'S something that actually matters.

Please stop being so ignorant. Bruce Smith is the dean of the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences. I'm sure he doesn't care about the teachers. ;)