SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Largest Donation to UND in History

CDog

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you trying to figure out what the gift will be used for, isn't it obvious yet? Legal fees in a collegiate nickname court case against the NCAA!!! That should keep you busy for a while...

And your check to the AC will be for how much??

There are those who sit on their enlarging butts and watch the world go by and take glee in criticizing. When they do nothing else worthwhile in this world, it can give that person some joy in trying to find fault with others. Maybe a little bit of identity when you punch the clock at work or after you check in with your foreman to tell her why you are 20min late again, you can then tell the other hod carriers you gave those snooty SOB's on the Siouxsports the what for.

I notice, although you wish to hide behind your computer, that you don't wish your favorite school, the AC, to play UND again. I can bet you have never participated in a UND - NDSU contest. Most of us who have participated, on both sides of the nickel, would like the rivalry to continue so the athletes and fans can enjoy the rivalry. I doubt folks like you would understand. Heck, you might even want to put down your remote and get back to campus to enjoy a game.

Keep posting. On a bad day, it will make everyone else glad they are who they are, rather than someone else.

Turns out it is an old woman whom none of us will recognize. Long ties to the University, and she turned

pennies into millions.

About eleven million of them, all to the University. Read it here first.

Is she a letterwinner? :)

Turns out it is an old woman whom none of us will recognize. Long ties to the University, and she turned

pennies into millions.

Another Grace Bowen type? :)

Turns out it is an old woman whom none of us will recognize. Long ties to the University, and she turned pennies into millions.

Before any one gets off track here, it's not me, all my money is allocated for game worn jerseys. :)

[he UND Foundation receives alumni and other private gifts for the university. It was created in 1978 to replace the Alumni Association's Development Fund as the primary fund-raising arm of the organization.

Since its creation, the foundation's assets have grown from its $1 million in startup money to more than $142 million today.

First time I've seen those numbers. Very impressive, nice work. :)

pennies into millions.

Yes, I just had this verified also. They thought it would be about $1MM. But it turned out she left $11MM to UND.

I'll never get to Ralph's record. I have to save up to PAY UND. 1 kid in college now, 2 more to go, although I have a while to save, I'll be attending the last kids pre-school graduation in about 30 minutes! SO...everyone, keep eating pizza, it has to pay for three college educations! :)

Yes, I just had this verified also. They thought it would be about $1MM. But it turned out she left $11MM to UND.

Good scoop. I would have bet a lot on the gentleman who spends his summers south of Detroit Lakes. I am glad no one took me up on the bet.

The good thing is that I will still bet a lot that that gift is still coming. I don't have that kind of money so I ahve no idea how long it will take to process that. I also believe there is a third potential donor who plans a gift that might be similar to this ladies gift.

Good deal for UND. Maybe I should have spent more time at the Chester Fritz and less time at Frenchies! I will be sending them $100. I don't think that will make the news.

Good scoop. I would have bet a lot on the gentleman who spends his summers south of Detroit Lakes. I am glad no one took me up on the bet.

The good thing is that I will still bet a lot that that gift is still coming. I don't have that kind of money so I ahve no idea how long it will take to process that. I also believe there is a third potential donor who plans a gift that might be similar to this ladies gift.

Good deal for UND. Maybe I should have spent more time at the Chester Fritz and less time at Frenchies! I will be sending them $100. I don't think that will make the news.

Frenchies - Great bar. I never understood why it fell from grace and closed. Oh well memories.

I think it closed before that. We moved to Grand Forks in 1992 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't around then.

They were still around when we moved from GF in the fall of '91. Nobody was going there, but they were open. They probably were closed before the flood, then.