SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Largest Donation to UND in History

CDog

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is being announced tomorrow. That would put the $$ amount somewhere between George Hyslop and Ralph Engelstad, I believe. Any ideas who and how much? Any guesses?

My guess, $30-$40 million. College of Business is the likely recipient. There are some good hints later on this thread. Lets see if you can guess. Not Englestad and not Phil Jackson. One of the smarter Business minds. Attended UND mid 1960's. Sigma Chi pledge. There were 4 Sigma Chi's from that era now worth well over a combined Billion dollars. For those of you who don't think there is money for the D1 move, this should relieve some of your concerns. There are others who do have more of an interest in athletics talking about large donations as well.

My second guess if that is wrong would be a very generous car dealer, but if I am wrong on my first guess that one is still coming.

My guess, $30-$40 million. College of Business is the likely recipient. There are some good hints later on this thread. Lets see if you can guess. Not Englestad and not Phil Jackson. One of the smarter Business minds. Attended UND mid 1960's. Sigma Chi pledge. There were 4 Sigma Chi's from that era now worth well over a combined Billion dollars. For those of you who don't think there is money for the D1 move, this should relieve some of your concerns. There are others who do have more of an interest in athletics talking about large donations as well.

My second guess if that is wrong would be a very generous car dealer, but if I am wrong on my first guess that one is still coming.

Hmmm....very interesting...need more clues!

Lyle Kasprick or James Ray?

I admit I know nothing about either of these gentlemen, but after doing a quick Google search on them, I don't see anything to lead me to believe that an endowment from either of them would be meant to go toward athletics. Either way, it is good for UND.

I admit I know nothing about either of these gentlemen, but after doing a quick Google search on them, I don't see anything to lead me to believe that an endowment from either of them would be meant to go toward athletics. Either way, it is good for UND.

$$$$$$$$$$

I was thinking banker also, Norman Skalicky, but I don't think that he owned an airline. So I'm thinking that our guesses are different.

Lives on Pelican Lake in the summer. $14,000,000 "cabin". He also gave $250,000 to the Dru Sjodin scolarship.

James Ray contributed $8M to UND in 2002. http://www.UND.edu/president/reports/2002/html/18.html

Lyle and Katherine Kasprick contributed $1M to UMC, large contribution to St. John's University, large endowment to College of St. Catherine's and to UND but I couldn't find amounts or what, if anything, that money was designated for.

Both are contenders in the race. I didn't find anything about either one of these men that makes me think if it's one of them, the money will go to athletics.

Wes and Vivian Rydell are big sports fans, so if its them.....

Tomorrow will tell. Whoever is donating and where ever the money is going, we're damn lucky to have such a long list of contributing alumni and friends.

James Ray contributed $8M to UND in 2002. http://www.UND.edu/president/reports/2002/html/18.html

Lyle and Katherine Kasprick contributed $1M to UMC, large contribution to St. John's University, large endowment to College of St. Catherine's and to UND but I couldn't find amounts or what, if anything, that money was designated for.

Both are contenders in the race. I didn't find anything about either one of these men that makes me think if it's one of them, the money will go to athletics.

Wes and Vivian Rydell are big sports fans, so if its them.....

Tomorrow will tell. Whoever is donating and where ever the money is going, we're damn lucky to have such a long list of contributing alumni and friends.

The money will go to the College of Business which I have been told, will be named after this gentleman. This guy has also contributed generously to Concordia and the reported $30-40 million is well within his means If I am correct.

Doc,

It was Kenny Hyslop. I think it was around $7,000,000.

I was following CDog's lead...

Is being announced tomorrow. That would put the $$ amount somewhere between George Hyslop and Ralph Engelstad, I believe. Any ideas who and how much? Any guesses?

but I did get it right later.

William Kenneth Hyslop

$5.2 million (land)

$2.0 million (UND Fieldhouse)

$0.153 million (stock)

$7.353 million (plus an additional 2000 acres of land)

:)

I can and it had crossed my mind earlier today...but I could not find a connection to UND.

Is he an alumnus? If so...he isn't listed in the UND Alumni registry.

He went to UND for a year, then to Concordia for a year, then back to UND for his degree. He should have graduated about 1964. He is a very bright guy and has been very generous to Concordia as well. If I am correct this gift will far exceed anything he has done for Concordia.

The suspense is killing me already. Name the man!!!!! :)

It isn't me and it isn't Graham Kracker.

Remember I think I know, but I haven't talked to the guy lately and haven't talked to anyone in the Alumni office lately. Kuppy doesn't have me on speed dial (but then I don't think Graham Kracker did either and I heard from him). I am willing to take odds but I won't bet any of my kids. Rick had the best clue early when he mentioned Pelican. Think the lake south of Detroit Lakes not the bird.

It isn't me and it isn't Graham Kracker.

Remember I think I know, but I haven't talked to the guy lately and haven't talked to anyone in the Alumni office lately. Kuppy doesn't have me on speed dial (but then I don't think Graham Kracker did either and I heard from him). I am willing to take odds but I won't bet any of my kids. Rick had the best clue early when he mentioned Pelican. Think the lake south of Detroit Lakes not the bird.

Is this on the right track:

Lancaster, Minnesota, Arctic Cat, Mesaba Airlines?

Is this on the right track:

Lancaster, Minnesota, Arctic Cat, Mesaba Airlines?

I think it would be banking, Sun Country Airlines. Previously: Fargo Shanley then UND then Concordia, then UND. Very large "Cabin" on Lake Pelican south of Detroit Lakes. Homes in Arizona and Colorado. Likes to hunt and fish. Graduated UND around 1964.

For those of you trying to figure out what the gift will be used for, isn't it obvious yet? Legal fees in a collegiate nickname court case against the NCAA!!! That should keep you busy for a while...

Any money that's needed for the NC$$ issue has already been promised, is available and ready. This donation is not needed for that venture. UND alumni and friends are very generous, as proven by multi million dollar donations in this new century alone, NOT counting this new one.

So how about those BIG NDSU contributors.... :)

Any money that's needed for the NC$$ issue has already been promised, is available and ready. This donation is not needed for that venture. UND alumni and friends are very generous, as proven by multi million dollar donations in this new century alone, NOT counting this new one.

So how about those BIG NDSU contributors.... :)

"Big NDSU contributors" is an oxymoron. Similar to "Defense Intelligence". Ultimately, what a gift like this shows is that IF UND decides to go D-1, money will never, ever be an issue.