SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Articles

Smoggy

Thanks, crosby 87.

My favorite quote of the week comes from T.J. Oshie:

"I've definitely elevated my play, and I try to play every shift lately as hard as I can go. I love this group of guys. I don't want our season to be any shorter than it has to be."

I've only covered Sioux hockey for five years, but I have a really good feeling about this team. I've never seen a Sioux team that seemed to have such a good time together and that enjoys each other's company so much. It's like one big bunch of brothers, and I think it could very well be that bond that gets UND its eighth championship.

Whatever happens from Thursday on, Dave Hakstol, Brad Berry, Cary Eades and Scott Koberinski are to be commended for the wonderful job they've done with this young group. The upperclassmen have done a great job, too. And the freshman? They're as much fun to visit with as they are to watch on the ice.

We've had the pleasure of watching a great young group of players come together as a team. Let's enjoy the last few days of the season because I think they're going to be memorable.

Thanks, crosby 87.

My favorite quote of the week comes from T.J. Oshie:

I've only covered Sioux hockey for five years, but I have a really good feeling about this team. I've never seen a Sioux team that seemed to have such a good time together and that enjoys each other's company so much. It's like one big bunch of brothers, and I think it could very well be that bond that gets UND its eighth championship.

Whatever happens from Thursday on, Dave Hakstol, Brad Berry, Cary Eades and Scott Koberinski are to be commended for the wonderful job they've done with this young group. The upperclassmen have done a great job, too. And the freshman? They're as much fun to visit with as they are to watch on the ice.

We've had the pleasure of watching a great young group of players come together as a team. Let's enjoy the last few days of the season because I think they're going to be memorable.

Good articles. So, being a USCHO sudo reporter, are you part of the USCHO Town Social in Milwaukee, which otherwise is open only to USCHO Extra subscribers?

Great article by Wodon.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2006/04/04_looking.php

The topper, though, that we discovered at the time was the 1982 final between Wisconsin and North Dakota.

That game featured a mind-blowing 20 future NHL players. And at the time, Chris Chelios and James Patrick were still playing. And, criminy, Chelios still is.

So updating the breakdown: North Dakota (5,992): Craig Ludwig (1,256); Patrick (1,280), Troy Murray (914), Dave Tippett (721), Rick Zombo (652), Phil Sykes (456), Jon Casey (425), Dave Donnelly (137), Gord Sherven (97), Darren Jensen (30), Jim Archibald (16) and Dan Brennan (8). Wisconsin (4,089): Chelios (1,470), Bruce Driver (922), Brian Mullen (832), Patrick Flatley (780), Marc Behrend (38), John Newberry (22), Phil Houck (16), John Johannson (5) and Terry Kleisinger (4).

I