SiouxSports.com Forum

MILWAUKEE here we come!

AZSIOUX

It's a great day for hockey here. Kids can attend the rally, but have to pay if over 5. I think it is all ten dollars. Sioux practice in 2.5 hours. Have to buy a camera. My wife has been checking about free transportation like other cities do for the Frozen Four but no success yet. Everybody get here.

I believe Columbus had all their bases covered...hope Milwaukee will be the same!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they most certainly can. They usually do a grand march to the game after the pep rally led by the band!

I'll be staying along with 5 others at the Radisson North Shore.

I agree, the way these usually go is pep band marches in and plays, UND officials give speeches, cheerleaders cheer.

It is a bar/restaurant and there will be plenty of people standing around drinking, but if that doesn't bother you, it's not in any other way kid-unfriendly.

It's a great day for hockey here. Kids can attend the rally, but have to pay if over 5. I think it is all ten dollars. Sioux practice in 2.5 hours. Have to buy a camera. My wife has been checking about free transportation like other cities do for the Frozen Four but no success yet. Everybody get here.

We are to the airport by 5 and on the plane at 6:30...should be there by 8:30 WHOOOOO HOOOO

GO SIOUX!! :D

My wife, UND 76 & 85 talked to the CVB and there is no free bus service planned because all the hotels are SO close. The fan thing will be going on around 5th & Highland tomorow, Friday and Saturday. Taxi service is pretty good. Parking rates at the garages are going up for the FF due to the high demand. I heard $20 to park will be pretty standard. Lots of meter parking around, but it is enforced and cars do get broken into for whatever the crackheads can get. Get here.

My wife and I, plus our two UND students (boys are skipping school) will be rolling into Milwaukee tomorrow AM. And of all places, we are staying at the County Clare Irish Inn and Pub... looks like a .8 mile walk to the arena from downtown...... can wait for the puck to drop!!

My wife and I, plus our two UND students (boys are skipping school) will be rolling into Milwaukee tomorrow AM. And of all places, we are staying at the County Clare Irish Inn and Pub... looks like a .8 mile walk to the arena from downtown...... can wait for the puck to drop!!

Nice choice, really quaint and good food. You are east of the arena, but close to the lake for a nice walk. try the new art center on the lake near you. calatrava. it is white and looks like a big ship.

I was at the last hockey game in Grand Forks and when the Gpoher lost to Holy Cross (HAHAHAHAHAHA) The Gopher fans tore up all the tickets to the championship game and I asked them why they were doing that and they said so that people dont have to watch the disgusting Sioux play. I was so mad :D

Nice choice, really quaint and good food. You are east of the arena, but close to the lake for a nice walk. try the new art center on the lake near you. calatrava. it is white and looks like a big ship.

Yes, when you come out of the hotel, turn right and walk down 6th to the games. Stay away from the bus terminal, some sketchy characters hang around there. You have the Grand Avenue Mall which is just ok. The Imax theater on 7th and Wells is pretty cool.

You will have about a 1/2 mile walk to the Bradley Center.

i fly out at 6:30 az time tonight and get in at midnight, just in time for a couple hours at a local bar :D 2 others in my group are flying in from g-forks today and the other 4 are driving from g-forks as i believe they left at noon today..cant wait!!

GO SIOUX

Yes, when you come out of the hotel, turn right and walk down 6th to the games. Stay away from the bus terminal, some sketchy characters hang around there. You have the Grand Avenue Mall which is just ok. The Imax theater on 7th and Wells is pretty cool.

You will have about a 1/2 mile walk to the Bradley Center.

Thanks for the info... We are not making the trek to Chicago, so we will be taking in the local sites on Friday.

I'm on the road in about an hour. Driving most of the way and finding a cheap hotel tonight. Getting up and hitting Milwaukee tomorrow and will be at the bar for the Fighting Sioux party by about 10:30. Hope to meet some of you this weekend. Go Sioux!!!

Leaving M-SP by car tonight at 6:30 p.m. Hope to be in a downtown Milwaukee establishment by midnight!

Now that's the spirit. I will be leaving MSP at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see my first frozen four live and in person. Should be a good time especially if the Sioux can pull off #8. Anything less will be a buzzkill!!

Yeah, it was actually early at most stops.

When I came back to Chicago from NoDak in early March, the damn thing was 7 hours late!! Engine trouble and a hooker in Minot....sigh... :D:D

Glad it was on time for ya...I'll take it as a good sign for me that I'll be able to have a few before the game.

Be safe all you drivers!!