SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford's Injury

junior24

I've heard from credible sources (cough DS) recently that there's been a lot of in-fighting in the men's locker room, mostly centered around stafford.

I think the "Injury" is BS, and he has taken himself off the team for the season, ready to sign with Buffalo.

I know I'm about to get flamed, but we'll all just have to wait and see.

What are you smoking? I was sitting next a credible sources' dad (cough) when the injury happend. The injury is real.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from credible sources (cough DS) recently that there's been a lot of in-fighting in the men's locker room, mostly centered around stafford.

I think the "Injury" is BS, and he has taken himself off the team for the season, ready to sign with Buffalo.

:angry::sad:

WHAT A LOSER AND A BIG TIME TOOL.......................

Nothing like faking an knee injury to get a higher signing bonus :angry: I doubt that Stafford will be at UND next year, but no one would fake a knee injury to get out of playing. If things were so bad you would just sign during the season and leave the team.

Stafford will play in the Regionals, at least that is my guess.

I wounder if there is an emergency dentist on staff for dental injuries like that. I think that would be rather painful to have that happen to a player, I am sure there was some exposed nerve being hit by air. Yikes.

There isn't a guy sitting in the locker room with a trainer, but they will bring one down from the audience if the need arises.

Listened to Prp on the pregame with TH last night and he confirmed that a molar was knocked out in that hit. Also said he went down so hard that he barely remembered anything about it other than when he "came to" there was a tooth floating around in his mouth. I think that might tick me off a little too. :angry:

I must agree with JLP, I had heard through some sources that it was an MCL injury but wasn't believeing it till i had heard the same from someone else.

Faking an injury is bogus, from what I've seen since his freshmen year, I believe Stafford has matured the most both on the ice and off. If there was such a problem there would be remedies to solve it and keep him playing. Leading goal scorer and leader in the nation in Shorties, thats not someone Hak and the rest of the team would want to just "quit" your team. There's no problem, just someone creating drama.

We know you are probably a flamer too which is why you have nothing better to do with your time other than troll the Sioux site. I suspect you are a Skippy because you have demonstrated that you know nothing of hockey outside of your state (MN) as the Sabres don't have room for even a healthy Drew at the moment. Get that cough checked as it could be early signs of HIV. :angry:

Why would anyone flame you for this post??? I think that society in general and members on this board in particular cut slack to the mentally handicapped. I'm sure they won't make an exception here...

This might be a skippy/troll alert I am sure that if he had quit the team he would be up in the announcers box being interviewed by the media.

This might be a skippy/troll alert I am sure that if he had quit the team he would be up in the announcers box being interviewed by the media.

Oh get off it, Goon. We all know the only reason why Stafford returned to school this year was for the publicity and the chicks. Sheesh! I thought you were better connected than this! :angry:

CoughDScough... DS must stand for DumbSh!t

I went over and talked to Drew's parents in the third period of Friday's game ( I consider them a very credible source). First report out(at that time) was that he has a strained MCL, no obvious tear, but I asked about an MRI, and Porter's Dad, who is an orthopod, indicated that one was scheduled. For a member of the Sioux hockey family with an NHL career ahead of him, our thoughts should be for his well-being, as much as losing a player of his caliber hurts our chances at a title run. His injury is legit, and there is absolutely no truth to infighting in the locker room surrounding Drew. A MCL injury would only hurt his bargaining position with the pros. In fact, if he isn't able to return for the NCAAs, I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo waits another year before signing him.

Oh get off it, Goon. We all know the only reason why Stafford returned to school this year was for the publicity and the chicks. Sheesh! I thought you were better connected than this! :angry:

CoughDScough... DS must stand for DumbSh!t

Opps I guess I haven't been doing my home work.

Saw Stafford up in the press box tonight, couldn't tell if he was still limping or not. I wish him a healthy recovery and that he should be fully recovered and not be rushed back, don't need to reinjure something. But for Sioux fans, I don't have to much knowledge about knees, but I would consider it a good thing if your not on crutches after a knee injury. Hopefully that is a good sign.

if it is an mcl injury i have some experience...i tore mine and i played on it for a couple games(which wasnt smart because i turned a half torn mcl into a completely torn one). i was out for almost 4 months...but if its a sprain a couple weeks and he should be good to go..no doctor, just my two cents here from what i can remember the doctor telling me.

I think he'll be fine with a couple weeks rest... after all, he did skate a shift in the second period Friday night.

Funny though, Hak says no comment. Drew says no comment. But we're such rubes for information that we post anything we hear to the message board. The team likely has good reason to keep details of the injury close to the vest...

Drew had a lot more flexibility and a lot less limp last night and he gave a "high five" to Fabian at the elevator after the Sioux won........both good signs!

That is hopefully a good sign for Drew and the Sioux. I would love it if he was able to play at the Final Five, but if there is a chance to reinjure it, having him wait until the Regional might be best.

Speed recovery Drew!

Drew had a lot more flexibility and a lot less limp last night and he gave a "high five" to Fabian at the elevator after the Sioux won........both good signs!

:silly: sorry but just had to crack up on the play by play that drew gave fabian a high five :lol: