SiouxSports.com Forum

Bush League Fans @ UM

OETKB

Man, you should have heard TH and crew rip into the UM fans, who were throwing things at the Sioux at the end of the game. And, of course, Campion called no delay penalty.

"Bush league fans" is their exact consensius, not mine.

Good character comeback tonight for UND. This is what we expected the whole weekend. The whole year, year after year, for that matter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you should have heard TH and crew rip into the UM fans, who were throwing things at the Sioux at the end of the game. And, of course, Campion called no delay penalty.

"Bush league fans" is their exact consensius, not mine.

Good character comeback tonight for UND. This is what we expected the whole weekend. The whole year, year after year, for that matter.

The Sioux broadcasters hit it on the head, Minnesota has THE worst fans in the WCHA. Go to any other rink in the conference, and you'll hear the same thing. Duluth has really classy fans that treat you great, even if you are a fan of the road team, and I think they may hate the "U" more Sioux fans do.

Way to go for the officials too, not calling a delay of game penalty on those no-class clowns.

Anyway, huge win for UND, and Duluth is losing too. While the Sioux need to keep moving up in the standings, a little cushion in fifth place is definitely nice. Let's hope they can build on this win and come out strong down the stretch.

I remember a couple of years ago when UND got swept at home against Minnesota that our fans started throwing stuff on the ice at the end. Every team has their fans, and I would put the Minnesota fans who threw stuff on the ice at the end of the game on the same level as the sioux fans who threw stuff on the ice at the end of the series a couple of years ago.

UND won the game, let it go.

My seats at the Final Five are surrounded by Gopher fans. They are constantly throwing stuff at us. Of course everyone looks innocent when you turn around. I'm ready to sic my 250 pound son and 185 pound older son (he teaches Jujitsu to city and highway patrol cops) on all of them. Well maybe not, the bail would break me.

My seats at the Final Five are surrounded by Gopher fans. They are constantly throwing stuff at us. Of course everyone looks innocent when you turn around. I'm ready to sic my 250 pound son and 185 pound older son (he teaches Jujitsu to city and highway patrol cops) on all of them. Well maybe not, the bail would break me.

I'm good for a few bucks. ???:lol:

The Gophers have idiot fans, not a suprise. All teams have moron fans who do stupid stuff. Heck one time I almost threw my drink on the ice. I'm glad I didn't. I think the fact that Minnesota fans leave in droves is much worse for showing what kind of fans attend the games. While every team has idiot fans, not every team has fans who leave in droves.

I remember a couple of years ago when UND got swept at home against Minnesota that our fans started throwing stuff on the ice at the end. Every team has their fans, and I would put the Minnesota fans who threw stuff on the ice at the end of the game on the same level as the sioux fans who threw stuff on the ice at the end of the series a couple of years ago.

UND won the game, let it go.

Ditto, Wilbur.

Everyone has their bad eggs.

The way I see it: Minny got their good game Friday and we got our turn tonight. Call it a good series, payback for last season, whatever, but let it go.

??? My best story of a U of M puke fan is as follows:

Final Five at the Xcel couple years ago...as I am proudly wearing a Sioux jersey and walking with my 8 year old nephew for a coke between periods , some Gopher puke fan says "f**k the Sioux"...right in front of and clearly heard by my 8 year old nephew....pure class Gopher fans!!! Keep it up. :lol:

I can see where this thread is going...

Let's stop this Minnesota bashing. We won the game! Let's celebrate that instead of bashing Minnesota. The more we bash them, the more we incite trolls to come over here and give us all headaches.

Sure we've had our run ins and bad experiences with fans from many different teams, including Minnesota, but hey.... WE WON!!! Who cares about Minnesota fans!!!!

I can see where this thread is going...

Let's stop this Minnesota bashing. We won the game! Let's celebrate that instead of bashing Minnesota. The more we bash them, the more we incite trolls to come over here and give us all headaches.

Sure we've had our run ins and bad experiences with fans from many different teams, including Minnesota, but hey.... WE WON!!! Who cares about Minnesota fans!!!!

Good point, and taken.

Nice job Sioux...let's build some mo' off of this win!

as stated, every team has their good, and BAD fans. My friends and I ALWAYS stay till after our band is done, I've NEVER left a game early....as for tossing stuff on the ice, not a fan, only things that belong on the ice are the players, ref, pucks and hats after a hattie....so you tossing dead animals is just as classless. Met some GOOD UND fans this weekend, met some BAD ones....at least at Mecca, while some leave early, we don't have a chant that uses the F bomb as you do....THAT is classless....

My personal fav cheer of the weekend "we have trees!" ???

WPoS

My personal fav cheer of the weekend "we have trees!" ???

That's really clever. Sioux fans should do a "We have plains!" cheer when the Gophers are in town next. It'd be just as clever.

Then the Gopher fans could come back with a "We have lakes!" cheer.

And then Sioux fans could do a "We have coal!" cheer.

The possibilities are endless.

??? My best story of a U of M puke fan is as follows:

Final Five at the Xcel couple years ago...as I am proudly wearing a Sioux jersey and walking with my 8 year old nephew for a coke between periods , some Gopher puke fan says "f**k the Sioux"...right in front of and clearly heard by my 8 year old nephew....pure class Gopher fans!!! Keep it up. :lol:

Yeah, that's great. What a useless argument. So 10 or so stupid students threw crap on the ice, and now we're all bad fans? Cool, whatever. AS WPoS said, the ol' "f*** the Gophers" chant is pretty classy too. Speaking of which, has St. Cloud patented that cheer yet? They invented it, didn't they? Fans get emotional and irrational, and stupid stuff happens. That's how it has been, and always will be.

It is disappointing to see how empty Mariucci is at the beginning and end of games, but I guess that's just how the older Gopher fans are.

They are going to pissed the nexted four games anyways. Next they got CC which will be to losses and then the following week the Consin with 2 more losses. That will be five losses in a row....lol I am hopeing

Holy cow!!! Someone needs to jump on a bus and go to school. E.S.L.???

Well what can we do about the Minnesota fans. Its over and after the game I called all of the Gopher fans I know that had rubbed in the three previous wins. Remarkably none of them were able to answer their phone when the goon called. Great win regardless of the ice being littered after the game.

That pretty much sums it up. All schools have fans that we would like to not have to take accountability for....but we do. I know that I have never been so angry as I was last night, and not even about the Sioux victory but about what are fans did at the end. I have seen the occasional thing thrown on the ice but it was just a non-stop BARRAGE of junk being thrown. And being purposely thrown at the Sioux players. Some dumbass fan even had oranges....but one of those almost hit Campion which would have been o.k. in my book. ??? I think Lammy did kind of bring some of it on though by banging on the glass with his stick.....but Irmen did some taunting at UND too so Lammy just evened things out.

But to call us all bush league fans is pretty bad I think. I had fans at UND just get in my face and rip on me personally and the Gophers when I was up at the Ralph in December, and the "F-the Gophers chant, who can forget that. I think if you wear a opposing jersey into a arena you need to expect some taunting, it's all part of the experience of the "WCHA Roadtrip." I'm not trying to start a flame war here either, just giving some examples.

ANYWAYS, I hope all the UND fans that came down had a good time in the cities, and had a safe trip back.

Well, now I wish I hadn't started this thread. Last night, I was just going off of what Tim H. said. He gets a little worked up sometimes.

I didn't hear about Lamm.'s actions until this morning. And TH made it sound like the ice was being burried in debris. In the end, the way they played the game is all that matters.

But I still hate the Goofs. ???