SiouxSports.com Forum

4th Annual POI vs SS.com

bertibm

I know this is 3 months away, but I would like to do that game again. I would be looking at the rink in the NW metro the sunday after the Final 5. Get a team ready. Email me if you want more info. JerredKline@comcast.net. Or email me if you want to be in charge of the SS.com team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like graduation claimed Forecheck, or maybe she was lured into the pros early by a large contract. Anyway, I agreed to head up the Sioux end of this annual event, which I guess means paying bertibm for our half of the ice time and lining up players. I live in the Twin Cities and have already traded some emails with bertibm. I'll let everyone know the details as they arrive.

Two years ago, I believe the game was at 10:30. Last year it was a 12:15 game. With many SS.com players traveling after the game, please post your preference as to what time you would like to start. Obviously, bertibm is at the mercy of the availability of ice time, but those who have to spend several hours traveling after the game should chime in if you have a preference.

It's still early, but so far we have four players eager for that first SS.com win. There will be a 30" traveling trophy awarded to the winner. It's nothing fancy and something of a work in progress. Just something to make the team picture more interesting. Here's a list of additional players/possible players from last year:

Goalie:

Stuckinfargo

Skaters:

Wantagh

BigChief

jk

MinnesotaNorthStar

WildSioux

Bacardio

Wantagh

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

Squirtcoach's son

Oh, one last thing. If you picture the worst player on last year's team, I can say for certain that he won't be back this year. The reason I'm certain is that it's me. I'm too old and slow and frankly not good enough to play at this level. You're welcome, Stuckinfargo.

Any questions, email me at dlveer@yahoo.com

How many of you guys own broomball shoes or a broomball stick? I could probably borrow a ton of equipment from one of my two teams and we could make it the 4th Annual POI/SS Hockey game immediately followed by the 1st Annual POI/SS Broomball game. ???

Broomball would be so much better if it was on skates.

POI lead with the record 2-0-1

First year we tied on a Iffy goal. We had about 100 shots on the SS.com goalie.

Let us not forget the first year when SS.com had 7 skaters and a goalie and POI/GPL had wht was it 16 skaters and a goalie, and for the most part played togehter all winter....hmmm.

Let us not forget the first year when SS.com had 7 skaters and a goalie and POI/GPL had wht was it 16 skaters and a goalie, and for the most part played togehter all winter....hmmm.

How do you get 2 sets of Fowards and 2 sets of D to equal 16? I think that comes to 10. Was it our fault you had 3 no-shows?

ALso last year I think the SS.com team got out of hand with players. There were over 20 players on the team. Lets try to limit it to less than 15

Any truth to the rumors that once the helmets were removed after the game, it was discovered that the POI roster included Jesse Bertigliot, Dan Woog, and Steve DeBus?

Any truth to the rumors that once the helmets were removed after the game, it was discovered that the POI roster included Jesse Bertigliot, Dan Woog, and Steve DeBus?

I think Debus would have had to undergo a complicated procedure to play goalie for POI. :D