SiouxSports.com Forum

4th Annual POI vs SS.com

bertibm

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how many do we have??? I think that 13 or 14 is perfect. 3 lines and 4 or 5 def.

747Guy

brianvf

hrkac and UND grad relative

mksioux

BigChief

Stuckinfargo (goalie) & Sioux fan friend

MinnesotaNorthStar

kateskate

Sioux-cia's son

WildSioux and his friend who played last year

and maybe:

Wantagh

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and friend (goalie?)

If my math is correct, that's 12 position players and one goalie that are in and possibly 2 more position players. I believe FCMK's buddy is a goalie. Correct me if I'm wrong FCMK.

747Guy

brianvf

mksioux

BigChief

MinnesotaNorthStar

kateskate

Sioux-cia's son

WildSioux and his friend who played last year

and maybe:

Wantagh

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and friend (goalie?)

If my math is correct, that's 12 position players and one goalie that are in and possibly 2 more position players. I believe FCMK's buddy is a goalie. Correct me if I'm wrong FCMK.

yeah mksioux said something about another goalie being there. that is OK. i will be bringing both sets of gear. im a decent forward too so if we have a second goalie i can play up. that might actually be good since i had a slight groin pull on a penalty shot a week ago.

Is there a Final roster yet? Just wondering. Please make sure you have Dark colored jerseys. (Please no gray.

Siouxsports.com will be decked out proudly in my green Pizza Factory broomball jerseys once again this year. I gave them to Bigchief last night.

How many players do we have for sure? How many players does GPL have?

So far SS.com has 12 position players and stuckinfargo. FCMK still hopes to make it, but he's not sure at this point. Wantagh hopes to be there as well. Unless someone comes in under the radar, we should have a max of 15 position players. A full bench, but not as many as last year.

So far SS.com has 12 position players and stuckinfargo. FCMK still hopes to make it, but he's not sure at this point. Wantagh hopes to be there as well. Unless someone comes in under the radar, we should have a max of 15 position players. A full bench, but not as many as last year.

We don't care what GPL has or doesn't have. ??? It's our year this year. ;)

3 full lines is perfect for 1.5 hours. I agree with the max of 15.

Just a reminder it is from 11pm to 12:30pm at VMIA in N. Minneapolis on Sunday.

Here is the mapquest map to VMIA:

http://cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~brycjohn/vmia_dirs.gif

We don't care what GPL has or doesn't have. :lol: It's our year this year. :)

3 full lines is perfect for 1.5 hours. I agree with the max of 15.

Just a reminder it is from 12pm to 1:30pm at VMIA in N. Minneapolis on Sunday.

Here is the mapquest map to VMIA:

http://cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~brycjohn/vmia_dirs.gif

My ringers are waiting in the wings willing and able!!

Hey, I'm a long-time lurker and I was hoping there might be room for another skater. I'll see you guys Sunday!

Yes, please show up. I am not the coordinater for this game. But my frind that I previously said would be able to play isn't able to anymore. He will still be there to watch but, he has to watch his girls. I am still playing though, so if you show up it won't be a loss. My friend did say though, since he got an assist last year...that I HAVE to get a goal and an assist this year. I am ready, I haven't been able to play since before Christmas down here in IA on the team I am on due to my work schedule changing. So I will be refreshed and ready to go.

Yes, please show up. I am not the coordinater for this game. But my frind that I previously said would be able to play isn't able to anymore. He will still be there to watch but, he has to watch his girls. I am still playing though, so if you show up it won't be a loss. My friend did say though, since he got an assist last year...that I HAVE to get a goal and an assist this year. I am ready, I haven't been able to play since before Christmas down here in IA on the team I am on due to my work schedule changing. So I will be refreshed and ready to go.

I look forward to scoring multiple times! There's nothing more satisfying than drawing Rodent Blood!!

A flurry of posting activity right before the puck drops. It's post-season, baby!

Just so everyone is clear, the game is at 11:00 a.m. at Victory Memorial Ice Garden in Minneapolis. Puck drops at 11:15 and we have ice until 12:30. Here's the Mapquest:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...ip=55412&zoom=7

Maybe we can all grab a bite to eat after the game before everyone heads for home. It might work best to find someplace off of I-94/694 for those heading back to ND.

The roster appears set at:

747Guy

brianvf

mksioux

BigChief

MinnesotaNorthStar

kateskate

Sioux-cia's son

WildSioux

A-a-a-Cheechoo

and maybe:

Wantagh

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and goalie friend

Wantagh and FCMK, if you know more about your status for Sunday, please let us know either way.

Lastly, here's a link with picture of a traveling trophy that I've been working on here and there the past few weeks. If POI wins (shudder), then the Sioux puck is replaced with one with a picture of a rodent. If SS.com wins the following year, the players get to remove the rodent puck and dignify the trophy with a Sioux puck. Not much of a trophy, but it may dress up the team picture a bit.

SS.com vs POI Trophy

Should be a great weekend starting with a Sioux win over Bucky on Friday. Here's praying for safe travel everyone driving and flying in.

That is a nice trophy, Just one thing, would the Winning team get the Other teams puck? IMO, for the past 3 years that thing should have a Gopher Puck. :lol:

Everyone please try to be there 30mins before the game, I will come and explain the same old rules as every year.