SiouxSports.com Forum

4th Annual POI vs SS.com

bertibm

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I met Troy Murray last year at the Ralph and, when I asked if he'd lace em up for an intramurals UND team, he said "sure"

Someone might want to see if he's available ;)

while your at it might as well grab jake brandt to play goalie :p

How is ur team looking? Is this game going to happen?

Sioux fans, like the Sioux themselves (I hope), tend to wait in the wings until March. Last year things were pretty quiet up until 2-3 weeks before gametime and then we ended up with 16 or 17 guys. Go ahead and book the ice. I'm good for SS.com's half. You have my contact info.

The only problem I could possibly see is if the Sioux (shudder) don't make the trip to the Xcel. If that happens, there are enough Sioux fans in the Twin Cities, we'll come up with something. This game is too much fun to miss a year for any reason.

Anyone know how to get in touch with Stuckinfargo?

I'll contact him and report back. I know he'll want to play if he doesn't have some other tournament already scheduled.

I'm here. I have to get on a serious workout program if I want to play in this game again. :p

I think I lost 20 pounds last year, but definately worth it. I do suggest as I read earlier on this thread to keep the team to 15 or under players to get some flow. Though, I certainly never have to worry about ice time or touching the puck. ;)

Yeah I think I should be available. I'm traveling from Fargo so if you can get an early afternoon time is key. Enough time to wake up and cure a solid hang over, but not too late to head back home.

As always, if you can get Jake Brandt, I can step out of the way. I can play forward too if you need.

Thanks for lining this up.

With stuckinfargo between the pipes, SS.com will always have a chance. :p

So far, we have:

747Guy

brianvf

hrkac

mksioux

BigChief

Stuckinfargo

..and some chatter from Cratter

Cratter, if you and some of your intramural buddies will be in town for the Final Five, bring your gear and play. It's a great time. A couple of years ago, we finished the game in time for both teams to go grab a bite to eat in Plymouth and we all watched the NCAA tournament selection show on ESPN.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with these guys, please find out if they're in again this year:

jk

MinnesotaNorthStar

WildSioux

Bacardio

Wantagh (and friend)

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer (and friend)

Squirtcoach's son (and friend)

If anyone has some info you don't want to post on this board, just email me at dlveer@yahoo.com

Thanks!

With stuckinfargo between the pipes, SS.com will always have a chance. ???

So far, we have:

747Guy

brianvf

hrkac

mksioux

BigChief

Stuckinfargo

..and some chatter from Cratter

Cratter, if you and some of your intramural buddies will be in town for the Final Five, bring your gear and play. It's a great time. A couple of years ago, we finished the game in time for both teams to go grab a bite to eat in Plymouth and we all watched the NCAA tournament selection show on ESPN.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with these guys, please find out if they're in again this year:

jk

MinnesotaNorthStar

WildSioux

Bacardio

Wantagh (and friend)

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer (and friend)

Squirtcoach's son (and friend)

If anyone has some info you don't want to post on this board, just email me at dlveer@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Squirtcoach's son will be in unavailable that weekend.. ;) We will be in Mexico trying to find the results on the Internet. :) Too bad, I could have brought half the varsity this year. They hate the Gophers..... :lol:

I have not got the ice yet. I will wait until you guys get at least 8 skaters.

So far, we have:

747Guy

brianvf

hrkac

mksioux

BigChief

Stuckinfargo

MinnesotaNorthStar

I'm confident there will be plenty of SS.com players available come 3/19, but if your name isn't listed above and you want in, please post your interest so bertibm can secure the ice. I'm sure it won't come to this, but if necessary, I'll play again this year and that would give us 8.

This message is for the guys who have either already said they want to play this game or are reasonably certain they will eventually throw their hats in to play. There's a Twin Cities high school player who would like to play but is concerned about the fact that she's an 18 year old female. kateskate has played for 10 years and attended Sioux summer hockey camp the last four years. She asked me to check with y'all to see what you think. If you don't want to post your message on the board, please email me at dlveer@yahoo.com.

This message is for the guys who have either already said they want to play this game or are reasonably certain they will eventually throw their hats in to play. There's a Twin Cities high school player who would like to play but is concerned about the fact that she's an 18 year old female. kateskate has played for 10 years and attended Sioux summer hockey camp the last four years. She asked me to check with y'all to see what you think. If you don't want to post your message on the board, please email me at dlveer@yahoo.com.

I'm ok with it. It's a win win situation for us. I'd like to see her score a few on the POI.

Just trying to keep this topic on the first page. So far we have:

747Guy

brianvf

hrkac

mksioux

BigChief

Stuckinfargo

MinnesotaNorthStar

kateskate

and maybe:

WildSioux and his friend who played last year

The last couple of years we scrambled to get players lined up and then had plenty come game time. If you think you might be able to play but just aren't sure yet, or want to make sure the Sioux make the Final Five Tournament before committing to driving to the Twin Cities for the weekend, just post a message saying you're a "maybe." Pretty soon, we'll have to start looking elsewhere for players if it looks like only the above 8-10 players are in. It would be nice to have 12-15 players and let everyone talk about possible lines and positions this year so SS.com can develop some flow and continuity and take it to POI. Last year was close until the end.