SiouxSports.com Forum

4th Annual POI vs SS.com

bertibm

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the condolences.

Diggin, I emailed you some email addresses of former players that I thought you may not have. I see Chartreuse has posted on this thread. :lol: I thought he was one player you should contact, seeing as how he is responsible for 75% of SS.com goals.

As far as limiting the numbers, I think that's ridiculous. A.) Inevitably someone is not going to show up, B.) the SS.com team is obviously the underdog . . . they are lucky if they've met their linemates before, and C.) this is supposed to be for fun. But that's my opinion, I'm not playing. No offense bertibm, but I think you need to lighten up. Like squirt coach said, there were 2 high school kids on the team last year, not "a bunch," and they played just fine. And what do you know, they're hockey fans! :blink: Ease up. It's a friendly game, even if it's between two teams of people who hate each other by nature.

Diggin, I emailed you some email addresses of former players that I thought you may not have. I see Chartreuse has posted on this thread. :lol: I thought he was one player you should contact, seeing as how he is responsible for 75% of SS.com goals.

As far as limiting the numbers, I think that's ridiculous. A.) Inevitably someone is not going to show up, B.) the SS.com team is obviously the underdog . . . they are lucky if they've met their linemates before, and C.) this is supposed to be for fun. But that's my opinion, I'm not playing. No offense bertibm, but I think you need to lighten up. Like squirt coach said, there were 2 high school kids on the team last year, not "a bunch," and they played just fine. And what do you know, they're hockey fans! :blink: Ease up. It's a friendly game, even if it's between two teams of people who hate each other by nature.

It's truly great to have Forecheck back in the mix. Your name fits you well. Looking forward to seeing you again at this year's game. :lol:

This team belongs to those who are going to play in it, of which I'm not one. I hope I haven't created the impression that I'm trying to limit the number of SS.com players or dictate what the team should or shouldn't do. I have no say in the matter either way. I was simply parrotting earlier comments from SS.com players about limiting the number of players for the purpose of generating some flow to the SS.com game.

I agree with forecheck that the game is meant for fun, and I personally had a blast playing the last couple of years. I think it's going to be great to have kateskate on the ice wearing Sioux green. She was s little hesitant to jump in and I didn't want to prod her either way. It was nice to see the SS.com comments about how great it will be to see her score a hattie. :lol: I remember the HS guys being talked about from last year. I don't recall them speaking to the rest of us much, but I also don't recall them only being on the ice for themselves and not involving other SS.com players. If I was on the ice with them, it may have only seemed like they weren't involving me because they whizzed by me so fast.

If anyone planning to play has an opinion either way about the number of SS.com players, please chime in and lets get it out for discussion among those from the SS.com ranks. If no one has a opinion either way, then I guess we just leave it wide open and those in the locker room can decide before the game whether you want to try and set up lines or just line up on the bench and jump on the ice when it's your turn.

If you still need or want players, my son (age 23) would love to play with you. He's not TJ but he has played hockey since he was 4-5 years old.

I wasn't going to attend the game, but now I might have to. :blink:

My deal is this is between Fans of SS.com and POI. The HS players last year did not involve your team one bit. When they were on the ice together they did not involve the "TEAM" (Yes, people did complain about it after) I would like to see people that post here play. The 20 people on the team was kind of a joke. This is for everyone to get out and get some icetime. If this gets to out of hand we can always throw sticks in the middle and just play that way.

I just ask that your players post on this board or GPL, USCHO, etc..... Dont bring in people that could give a rats butt on what happens in College Hockey

As for POI playing all the time, we have taken a big chunk of time off. We will be rusty out there.

BTW, for you female Player, we will have another Locker room for her and our Goalie. When they are dressed they will just have to throw their bags in the Guys lockerroom when we lock it up.

For those of you attending the Final Five dont forget tailgating in the Magic Shops parking lot. It is a fun time. Most of team POI will be out there. Come say hi

:blink: Ok, so I should tell my son to leave his gear at home? Do you already have all the players you want? He is a member of SS.com but has never posted a message.

If he is a member that is great, LET HIM PLAY © Bad News bears.

Speaking for myself only, I don't necessarily care who plays, but there were definitely too many people last year. We couldn't all fit in the bench.

Appreciate the comments, mksioux. I guess the appropriate question for SS.com might be what is the ideal number? 13 + stuckinfargo gives you the equivalent of 3 full forward lines and 2 lines of D. That's a good chunk of ice time for a 60+ minute game. Aside from physical space on the bench, at what point does it get to be too many players for SS.com players to get sufficient ice time and thus enjoy themselves and be able to stay in the flow of the game?

Sioux-cia's son would give SS.com 10-13 position players plus stuckinfargo. Add Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer (please, please, please) and you're up to as much as 14. Haven't heard from anyone else who expressed an interest, at least not yet.

My deal is this is between Fans of SS.com and POI. The HS players last year did not involve your team one bit. When they were on the ice together they did not involve the "TEAM" (Yes, people did complain about it after) I would like to see people that post here play. The 20 people on the team was kind of a joke. This is for everyone to get out and get some icetime. If this gets to out of hand we can always throw sticks in the middle and just play that way.

I just ask that your players post on this board or GPL, USCHO, etc..... Dont bring in people that could give a rats butt on what happens in College Hockey

As for POI playing all the time, we have taken a big chunk of time off. We will be rusty out there.

Don't worry Bert, I won't be there, and Chartruese's cousin won't be skating with him. The kid is a member of SS, like me. Last year he brought his best friend because his cousin bailed at the last minute. But if people don't want him around, he'll be getting ready for baseball season. You just gave him reason #12 why GOPHERS SUCK AND THEY ALWAYS WILL! It's the fans.....

Don't worry Bert, I won't be there, and Chartruese's cousin won't be skating with him. The kid is a member of SS, like me. Last year he brought his best friend because his cousin bailed at the last minute. But if people don't want him around, he'll be getting ready for baseball season. You just gave him reason #12 why GOPHERS SUCK AND THEY ALWAYS WILL! It's the fans.....

Amen!

i got 200 large on the SS team :blink:

seriously if there are any gophers fans that want to put up a bet on this game then post here or pm me

Talk to WPOS. Betting would be tough on this one, no Refs to fix the game for either team. :lol:

Appreciate the comments, mksioux. I guess the appropriate question for SS.com might be what is the ideal number? 13 + stuckinfargo gives you the equivalent of 3 full forward lines and 2 lines of D. That's a good chunk of ice time for a 60+ minute game. Aside from physical space on the bench, at what point does it get to be too many players for SS.com players to get sufficient ice time and thus enjoy themselves and be able to stay in the flow of the game?

Sioux-cia's son would give SS.com 10-13 position players plus stuckinfargo. Add Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer (please, please, please) and you're up to as much as 14. Haven't heard from anyone else who expressed an interest, at least not yet.

I think those numbers are manageable. FCMK should definitely play. If I'm thinking of the right guy, hasn't he been our best skater every year?

Diggin: My friend hasn't committed yet, so go ahead and take him off the roster list.

i got 200 large on the SS team :lol:

seriously if there are any gophers fans that want to put up a bet on this game then post here or pm me

That's some serious confidence AZ :blink: . POI leads the all-time series 2-0-1

1.) 4-4

2.) 7-3, 8-4?? Can't remember(or don't want to) that one since I didn't have a great game.

3.) 7-5

As far as limiting the numbers, I think that's ridiculous. A.) Inevitably someone is not going to show up, B.) the SS.com team is obviously the underdog . . . they are lucky if they've met their linemates before, and C.) this is supposed to be for fun. But that's my opinion, I'm not playing. No offense bertibm, but I think you need to lighten up. Like squirt coach said, there were 2 high school kids on the team last year, not "a bunch," and they played just fine. And what do you know, they're hockey fans! :whistling: Ease up. It's a friendly game, even if it's between two teams of people who hate each other by nature.

I highly recommend you check with the Arena before you set aside your Sunday game, as Berty BM

has a tendency to cancel the Ice he supposedly sets aside. If you need any ringers let me know!!!

I highly recommend you check with the Arena before you set aside your Sunday game, as Berty BM

has a tendency to cancel the Ice he supposedly sets aside. If you need any ringers let me know!!!

Always the A-Hole huh Old Hockey Guy / Sioux Traveler???