4th Annual POI vs SS.com

bertibm

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAME ON

Victory Memorial Ice Arena is the rink.

12pm to 1:30. Should we stick with 90min or just go 1hr.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...ip=55412&zoom=7

This is the same rink as last year.

Let me know asap if you want 60 or 90 min

I would prefer 90min. :D

Gives enough time for warming up, playing a game, and maybe a shoot-out or something for fun afterwards...

Well, we're down to 3 weeks before game time so I guess it's time to get serious about the final makeup of the SS.com team. Over 2400 "views" of this thread, so it would seem that anyone interested in playing would have chimed in by now. If you haven't, please do so this week.

We have 7 position players and stuckingfargo lined up. That's only 2 players on the bench for a 50-60 minute game. Wildsioux and his buddy may be able to play and mksioux was going to try to line up a friend to play. If anyone planning to play has a friend or two that they think might be interested in playing, please see what they're up to and let's try and get a final roster of a dozen players or so.

bertibm, if you have the ice lined up, let me know how much I owe you and where to send the $.

It looks like graduation claimed Forecheck, or maybe she was lured into the pros early by a large contract.

Alas, my pro contract has fallen through. Sorry, I've had a rough couple of months between my grandmother's funeral, my mom's heart attack, and my deciding to quit my job and move out of Mormanville.

I booked my flight late last week for the Final Five and remembered about the SS.com/POI.com game, apparently a little too late. Thanks for taking over diggin! My flight doesn't leave Minneapolis until 9:30pm on Sunday, so I'll be coming to watch as always. Let me know if you need help getting a hold of anyone. I've saved email addresses from everyone who has played the last 3 years.

Alas, my pro contract has fallen through. Sorry, I've had a rough couple of months between my grandmother's funeral, my mom's heart attack, and my deciding to quit my job and move out of Mormanville.

I booked my flight late last week for the Final Five and remembered about the SS.com/POI.com game, apparently a little too late. Thanks for taking over diggin! My flight doesn't leave Minneapolis until 9:30pm on Sunday, so I'll be coming to watch as always. Let me know if you need help getting a hold of anyone. I've saved email addresses from everyone who has played the last 3 years.

Wow, bad few weeks. Sorry about your grandma and best of luck to your mom.

Good luck with the move.

I've finally got a little more of an insight on if I'll be able to make it up to the game. As of right now I should be able to make it up and I'm planning to make it up. However, car repairs and other situations may require me to cancel the trip. So I guess you could put me on there as a possiblity.

Yikes! Hope your mom is okay.

Glad to hear from you and glad to hear that you'll be at the game. If you have everyone's email address and want to either send them an email about the game or send the email list to to me at dlveer@yahoo.com, that would be great. Some of the guys have said they want to keep the roster manageable this year, but you never know what you're going to get until game time.

60 for hockey, 30 for broomball. C'mon, humor me artists formerly known as Pride on Ice dot com.

BigChief, do you want to be Pizza Factory again this year?

Sure! Email me and let me know where I can pick them up. Let's Not do it at the final5 like last year.

These are the same green jerseys we used last year.

I will ask 1 thing from the SS.com team. Lets not have 15 people on ur bench. I know last year someone brought a bunch of Kids from HS in this game. They did not get anyone on your team involved but each other. I will not allow that. This game is for the Fans to come out and have a good time.

Also Team POI will be wearing their Home/White Jerseys for this game.

I will get all the info for your contact so I can get the $$$.

Here's where Team SS.com stands as of now:

747Guy

brianvf

hrkac and UND grad relative

mksioux and friend

BigChief

Stuckinfargo

MinnesotaNorthStar

kateskate

and maybe:

WildSioux and his friend who played last year

Wantagh

If all of the above make it, that gives us 12 position players, or the equivalent of 2 2/3 forward lines and 2 lines of D. From the (few) comments I've seen, it sounds like that's about where we want to be and don't really need any additional players. Again, this assumes all of the above make it to the game. Please chime in if you disagree or know of someone else who wants to play.

bertibm, thanks for lining all of this up and the SS.com check is in the mail.

If the weather is below freezing, I can contact the CARAG ([Lake] Calhoun Area Residents Action Group) and reserve Bryant Square Park which has both a full size outdoor rink and an outdoor boarded hockey rink. I am having back surgery on the 9th of March which is preventing me from playing. However, I would love to have everyone in the Uptown area (the park is on the corner of 31st and Bryant which is about 5 blocks from the heart of Uptown, Minneapolis i.e. the "other" downtown bar district). If you are interested, email me at harveyskees@hotmail.com and I will see what I can arrange for the game (and would be happy to do it!).

Do you need more players? How about a G-Tender? Will Squirt Coach be in attendance?

Sorry FCMK, Squirt Coach and his entourage will be enjoying sunny Mexico this year during the final five.

And Bertibm, it was two high schoolers, not a bunch. One was a first timer and was- emphasis on was- a gopher fan who was quite surprised at the hacking by the POI team.

Some things never change- whiny, hacking, Gophers! You'd think Beutow was POI's coach. :blink:

Beat 'em, SS

And Bertibm, it was two high schoolers, not a bunch. One was a first timer and was- emphasis on was- a gopher fan who was quite surprised at the hacking by the POI team.

SS.com should get some 35-year-old Canadians on its team this year. :blink:

I will ask 1 thing from the SS.com team. Lets not have 15 people on ur bench. I know last year someone brought a bunch of Kids from HS in this game. They did not get anyone on your team involved but each other. I will not allow that. This game is for the Fans to come out and have a good time.

Also Team POI will be wearing their Home/White Jerseys for this game.

I will get all the info for your contact so I can get the $$$.

In other words you want your team from POI who has skated together all winter to ensure they beat the SS.com team who is a group thrown together for this one game without practice. :blink:

In other words you want your team from POI who has skated together all winter to ensure they beat the SS.com team who is a group thrown together for this one game without practice. :blink:

Hey, maybe the SS.com jerseys can be away Team USA jerseys! I mean, isn't that pretty much what the Olympics are all about?

Oh.. wait... that means the SS.com players would have to step onto the ice not caring too much and brianvf will have to skip team meetings :lol: