SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux and Beavers

Goon

The Herald said that Joe Finley is out 2-6 weeks with an broken arm.

The Sioux even with the guys that are missing on paper are a much better team in my humble opinion but the guys that are going to be on Defense are not very good Foyt and Marvin, I believe that Radke Smaby and Jones are going to be tired after this weekend, I believe that Alexander will probably be the other player that plays a lot. Don't know about Alexander but he can't be as bad as Foyt and Marvin.

I am kind of hoping Toews is back from Team Canada soon. Up Front the Forwards are going to do real well if they can cycle the puck out of the offensive end of the ice.

One more thing losing this weekend is not exceptable.

To be honest, I'd be happy with a split. Yes, I hope for the sweep (like I do every weekend), but the Beavers always play us tough, and I do think it's going to be a definite challenge for our guys. I always take the Dean Blais approach on the road though, and that's to hope for a split. Anything more is a bonus! :D

To be honest, I'd be happy with a split. Yes, I hope for the sweep (like I do every weekend), but the Beavers always play us tough, and I do think it's going to be a definite challenge for our guys. I always take the Dean Blais approach on the road though, and that's to hope for a split. Anything more is a bonus! :D

It's a home & home.

Anything less than a sweep will be a huge dissapointment regardless of how they have played us in the past. The Sioux are at a point in the season where they need to win the games that they are expected to win. Too bad about Finley as he needs the ice time to develop his game. Is Toews playing this weekend?

Come on....happy with a split. This is Bemidji we are playing for crying out loud. There is no reason we should not sweep Bemidji. These are two important games and even though Toews and Finley will not be in the line up there should be no reason not to sweep an inferior Bemidji team. If this team wants to make the tourney they need to get these two games.

I thought I heard last week that if Toews doesn't make the team he would be back for the games this weekend.

He could be back as Coach Sutter intends to make some cuts tomorrow however, the remaining cuts won't be made until after the game against UBC this weekend and based on TSN reports he should make it at least that far if not all the way.

Come on....happy with a split. This is Bemidji we are playing for crying out loud. There is no reason we should not sweep Bemidji.

Though the USCHO collective has amply noted its predictive shortcomings, I was very surprised to see that KRACH reveals that the two teams have performed almost identically so far this season. Before I looked I was honestly expecting to see a 5-1 ratio and my post to center more around we shouldn't read anything into that because 20-1 Tech upset Wisconsin at home.

It's a home & home.
I knew that. I don't know what I was thinking.

Come on....happy with a split. This is Bemidji we are playing for crying out loud. There is no reason we should not sweep Bemidji.

Talent wise, there is not reason we should not beat Bemidji. However, some teams just always play us tough (Mankato and Bemidji being two teams). They're not playing terrible this year (ask UMD), and will surely be fired up for a crack at us. I didn't say I wanted a split, I just wouldn't be surprised with one. Would I enjoy a sweep. Definitely. However, Bemidji will be fired up and we're missing some key freshman in the lineup.

I knew that. I don't know what I was thinking.

Talent wise, there is not reason we should not beat Bemidji. However, some teams just always play us tough (Mankato and Bemidji being two teams). They're not playing terrible this year (ask UMD), and will surely be fired up for a crack at us. I didn't say I wanted a split, I just wouldn't be surprised with one. Would I enjoy a sweep. Definitely. However, Bemidji will be fired up and we're missing some key freshman in the lineup.

Hak didn't say what was wrong with Smaby but it has to be semi serious for him not to practice. I just hope he can play this weekend.

I can almost beat Tom Seratorri (sp) will have his team focused to play on Friday night, the man is intense and does a really good job of preparing his team to play in big games, they have played a tough schedule this season and have done fairly well. If UND can play disciplined and come out fired up it would help a lot.

Edited by Goon

Herald article on Sedevie...sounds like a good kid who got a tough break.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ta/13410214.htm

My favorite part of the article:

"I'll be a Sioux fan for life. That's all we have in North Dakota."

Also says so much about the pride the state has in UND, but the nickname opponents will never understand that.