SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70-58 its over....ummmm St cloud couldn't solve the 2-3 zone?:)

UND ever play a zone?

maybe?

I heard SCSU had a lot of problems with Augie's zone in the NCC tournament, as well. UND probably wouldn't need to use zone all that often, but it sure would be nice to have that option when the situation calls for it.

Maybe, but it appears that this season, the last thing any team should want to be is the favorite. I expected Emporia State would be a big factor, but they promptly lost yesterday. Grand Valley looks to be the biggest threat to St. Cloud State. I think the Huskies would have to really lay an egg to lose to American International in the semi's.

St. Cloud did lay an egg....I hate to say that as I was really cheering for the Minnesota girls to kick some NY, Trinidad, etc, etc....butt!!! Quigley had a horrendous night (something like 5/20)...pretty much off her game....sound familiar??? The one bright spot...Hanson....outstanding!! Congrats to the Huskies for getting that far...I watched it on ESPNU and I was thinking through the whole first half that they were not playing their game...just like UND. At half-time it was 29-29....they had their chances, the hoop seemed to have a lid over it! Great job for SCSU...they are a much better team than what it seemed like watching it. Quigley really struggled, but Hanson...even after the ankle tweak was great and #10 had some great defense for a couple of runs...I'm now a GVS fan...go Michigan :)

When you look at the original bracket, it's unfathomable that American International, the third-place team from an average league (NE-10), has managed to reach the title game. I'm sure nearly everyone assumed it would be the North Central vs. the South Central region champions (and likely UND vs. Washburn) in the semi's. This is roughly akin to the third-place team from the NCC in men's bball making it to the title game.

I don't know about anyone else, but based on what I saw in the national championship game, I don't think either of those teams could have stayed with UND had the Sioux played an average game.

First of all...congrats to the Lady Lakers! It just goes to show what one bad night of shooting will do (UND vs St. Cloud and St. Cloud vs AI) I did think that GVS played a similar style to UND (ball movement was great) It would be fun to play some of these teams...hopefully next season...we have a lot to look forward to based on the games I saw.

First of all...congrats to the Lady Lakers! It just goes to show what one bad night of shooting will do (UND vs St. Cloud and St. Cloud vs AI) I did think that GVS played a similar style to UND (ball movement was great) It would be fun to play some of these teams...hopefully next season...we have a lot to look forward to based on the games I saw.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Grand Valley is on the schedule next year. UND played them in the 2003-04 and 2005-05 seasons (both were Sioux wins).

You would think GVSU would get tired of winning National Championships... :lol:

Isn't this number 3 on the year?

GVSU 58

AI 52

Congratulations to the "Lady Lakers"!

Thats just our third Varsity Sport NC this year, we've also got a few other NC's for club sports, wrestling and Men's water Polo. And I would be remissed if I didn't mention an Individual NC for our women's CC star, Mandy Zemba. ;)

When you look at the original bracket, it's unfathomable that American International, the third-place team from an average league (NE-10), has managed to reach the title game. I'm sure nearly everyone assumed it would be the North Central vs. the South Central region champions (and likely UND vs. Washburn) in the semi's. This is roughly akin to the third-place team from the NCC in men's bball making it to the title game.

You guys ain't giving AIC a whole lot of credit. They had probably the best overall athletes there in the tournament. They were a very good team, and should be in the thick of things next year in Kerney.

You guys ain't giving AIC a whole lot of credit. They had probably the best overall athletes there in the tournament. They were a very good team, and should be in the thick of things next year in Kerney.

I'm just going by the fact that traditionally, that league isn't very good (Bentley is generally the class of the conference and they've never won a title or really come all that close), and AIC only got THIRD in the conference! AIC wasn't even ranked in the last poll, and probably rightfully so given their record and the conference they play in. There's no question in my mind that they were nowhere near as good as SCSU (who wasn't as good as UND), but sometimes strange things happen in sports, and this was one of those times.

Hey, I know its not Sioux related here, but I think you'll indulage me here for a minute. One of the guys that was down there in Hot Springs with the NCAA, has this blog called www.doubleazone.com and he talked about his impressions on the Girls D2 games there, and just so happens to mention the Monster here. He's got some serious East Coast Bias, but I don't think its anymore than what you guys are used to.

Also, I saw there that he has some sort of a pod cast with Myles Brand. My speakers are messed up, but I'm sure you guys might be a tad curious about that. :lol: