SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Gophs, also got the Reilly twins from Holy Angles. They should send a scholarship thank you to Danny Mattson.

Star Tribune

Edit: and add Justin Holl a D from Minnetonka.

Busy week for them, but really the story is Boyd and the lessers...

The comments from that article are hilarious.

Hammy has reported that Travid Boyd from Hopkins committed to the Gophers, who visited UND last week. This sucks, but I guess you can't get them all.

Is he really going to be a high school freshman, as shown above? Do the parents put the word out about these "committments" for their own ego boost?

Is he really going to be a high school freshman, as shown above? Do the parents put the word out about these "committments" for their own ego boost?

He was a freshman last year. He'll be a sophmore this year at Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor Michigan. He may try to accelerate his studies and graduate a year earlier.

I've got two more names for you guys...

-1992 born forward Sahir Gill of the Chicago Steel (by way of the Vernon Vipers of the BCHL) is deciding between you guys, the goofers, and BU.

TEO do you know if he is being offered for 2010 or 2011? Just wondering as it seems like we are quite full with forwards for 2010 and even 2011 unless there are quite a few early departures.

TEO do you know if he is being offered for 2010 or 2011? Just wondering as it seems like we are quite full with forwards for 2010 and even 2011 unless there are quite a few early departures.

No idea, but with the exception of Eaves, most coaches know how to build flexibility and contingencies into their recruiting strategies.

Wow, not trying to start anything from my end, but I do remember Lucia winning two NCAA titles. I will leave it at that since I am on SS.

nice, little gopher on gopher battle on SS :) bet neither swing and actualy connect ???:lol: gota have fun, still summer and hockey is 2 months away

• 2 weeks later...

The 2009 Under-17 Five Nations Tournament starts tommorow, in case you forgot this was the team that was selected after the Select 16 National Festival. The U.S. team defeated Germany in an exhibition yesterday and will play their first game against Slovakia tommorow.

Schedule,

http://www.usahockey.com//Template_Usahock...05&ID=27452

Roster,

http://usahockey.cachefly.net/Media/071609...electRoster.doc

• 2 weeks later...
Those are goon numbers....no offense Goon.

He's a defensive minded defenseman, but the numbers also don't tell the whole story. From I understand there were some conflicts between the parties (player, dad, and coach) regarding playing time and as a result wasn't given a fair opportunity. I think he's playing in Waterloo this year but I'm not positive.

I hope not. If he's a goon, he's not a very good one. Averaging less than a penalty/game makes you a pretty poor goon.

Really?

All it takes is one questionable hit to make you a goon if you play for the Sioux.

Reputations are easy. Take me for instance.... I don't even post on Brad's blog and I'm getting ripped in the comments section. :D