SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I know this is going to get shelled as just wanting local boys on UND's team, but has anyone heard of any interest in Jake LaDouceur or any other ND players over the next 2-3 years? LaDouceur is having a great year and is still a Jr., so in 2-3 years he, if he still progresses, he would be a nice pick up.

It's not North Dakota, but Jake Useldinger is having a good season for East Grand Forks. He is also a junior.

Wow starting to be happy he didnt come to UND..

Did I miss something? That fight looked just like a normal fight to me.

If it was in response to a tactic by his opponent, he might have fit in well at UND. We saw a lot of that kind of fire from Commodore.

I know it's not cool to tease last names but... Useldinger... Wow. I know kids here in Omaha that would eat that last name for lunch on the playground. :D :D

Did I miss something? That fight looked just like a normal fight to me.

If it was in response to a tactic by his opponent, he might have fit in well at UND. We saw a lot of that kind of fire from Commodore.

I know it's not cool to tease last names but... Useldinger... Wow. I know kids here in Omaha that would eat that last name for lunch on the playground. :D :D

dont think that fight posted was the incident he was suspended for. big just posted a fight of him

The love we lost, Garrett Clarke, has been suspended......

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=407133&cmpid=rss

It was a cross check to the head and although it hasn't been formally documented yet apparently he has been given a 12 game suspension. I hope he likes his move to a suburb of Montreal next season where very little English is spoken. It looks good on him.

It was a cross check to the head and although it hasn't been formally documented yet apparently he has been given a 12 game suspension. I hope he likes his move to a suburb of Montreal next season where very little English is spoken. It looks good on him.

Instant karma's gonna get you... :D

Useldinger is a very good player, some others to watch from the area are Brock Nelson and Brett Hebel from Warroad and Adam Knochemus from Roseau all are Juniors.

What number does that kid wear? If this is the kid I am thinking about he has a heck of a shot.

i hear ya and it wont be the nhl that comes calling as he will spend a couple years in the ahl before he gets a crack in the nhl. i agree he stays but if his nhl club wants him in the ahl then ya never know as you can develop in the ahl as well

i was listening to xm home ice at lunch today, and they were talking about the oilers, forwards in particular, and there desparate need for a big, strong power forward who can go into the corners and get pucks. that sounds alot like someone wearing green and white #29... i'm not saying he is as good as gone, but the oilers need for someone just like him may urge them to pressure him to go the ahl route next season. i hope not, because he is great to watch, but i think there may be a better chance of him leaving than most of us think.

i was listening to xm home ice at lunch today, and they were talking about the oilers, forwards in particular, and there desparate need for a big, strong power forward who can go into the corners and get pucks. that sounds alot like someone wearing green and white #29... i'm not saying he is as good as gone, but the oilers need for someone just like him may urge them to pressure him to go the ahl route next season. i hope not, because he is great to watch, but i think there may be a better chance of him leaving than most of us think.

Exactly, nobody knows the motivation of the player, nor the team that drafts him. I will never be fully confident a person that is somewhat of a flight risk will be back, until I see them in the fall.

That's him, when EGF played against Central he had a shot on central goalie Seth Lang that was amazing.

Too bad EGF won't make it to state. Warroad, Thief River Falls, and Bemidji will make sure of that. He could probably play USHL next season. In fact, as a '91, he can probably pick a team (like Fargo) to tryout for. If Blais doesn't take him, I'm SURE that Alexandria of the NAHL would.

unfortunately, from reliable sources, VV is gone if offered any deal

Edmonton is already loaded with young centers and Riley Nash is ahead of VV in the team's prospect ratings so I wouldn't get overly concerned about an offer or deal. If on the other hand he is sick of school or the WCHA and just wants to sign a minor league contract that is a different story

Edmonton is already loaded with young centers and Riley Nash is ahead of VV in the team's prospect ratings so I wouldn't get overly concerned about an offer or deal. If on the other hand he is sick of school or the WCHA and just wants to sign a minor league contract that is a different story

he will spend a year or 2 in the ahl before he gets a crack anyhow. thats the only difference i see. the toews, oshies and kessels are different as they knew when they signed they would never play a game in the ahl. im with you on vv staying for his last season and if he does that would be great for the sioux. if the oilers feel he is 2 years away from the show maybe they would want to get them in their system next year. all depends nhis nhl team and their views on him

Hockey's future recent viewpoint in case some haven't read it: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1088...ospects_update/

he very well could leave as easily as he could stay and would blame him one bit. it has nothing to do with if hes nhl ready , its abnout what edmonton wants and if they want him in their system sooner than later than great for chris. if he leaves then maybe both mattson and knight come in or maybe just 1 still and we have 2 extra forwards rather than 3

Hockey's future recent viewpoint in case some haven't read it: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1088...ospects_update/

The writer for Hockey's Future addresses the fact that VV has the talent. He fails to address that he isn't at an NHL level yet and he is still inconsistent in my opinion. VV is dumb if he signs and Edmonton is dumb if they sign him because they're not going to be getting a player that can come in next year and make an immediate impact.

The writer for Hockey's Future addresses the fact that VV has the talent. He fails to address that he isn't at an NHL level yet and he is still inconsistent in my opinion. VV is dumb if he signs and Edmonton is dumb if they sign him because they're not going to be getting a player that can come in next year and make an immediate impact.

but most of the time its not about if he plays up with edmonton is it? its about getting him into their system in the ahl. imo he wont play in the nhl anyhow for 1-2 years out of college anyways. its not like hes a 1st or 2nd round pick or 3rd. hes a 4th rounder that they probably figured would stay 3-4 years at und to develop before hitting up their system. i hope he stays but wouldnt be suprised if he didnt

i hate bye weeks :D

I agree with AZ.

Nothing against VV, but he's not the type of talent that jumps right from DI to the NHL. If he had gone MJ, he wouldn't be MJ to the NHL either.

He'll need a few years to make it to the NHL level. I'm not sure who to compare it to... Maybe Brad Winchester or Jeff Finger. It may even be as rocky as the path Bayda took... and Bayda's position is nowhere near solid. There's no saying he'll be in the NHL next season (remember, the Coyotes told Roche to buy an apartment in Phoenix... and now he's overseas).

i hate bye weeks :D

I do too but it gives us time to speculate. One thing I've noticed is Brad's little brother is doing pretty well against older competition: http://nbpeimmhl.stats.pointstreak.com/pla...p;seasonid=3040

And the scouting news now thinks he may be a first round QMJHL pick: http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index.php?o...1&Itemid=51

Hopefully Brad has a big influence on him.

I do too but it gives us time to speculate. One thing I've noticed is Brad's little brother is doing pretty well against older competition: http://nbpeimmhl.stats.pointstreak.com/pla...p;seasonid=3040

And the scouting news now thinks he may be a first round QMJHL pick: http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index.php?o...1&Itemid=51

Hopefully Brad has a big influence on him.

Good find. It seems as if he's got some skill from the little bit of info about him. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.