SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I'm not sure if we've recruited this kid, but he's slowly rising and could still go the college route. He's listed as an 08, but he is an August of 90 birthday which means he's younger than Kristo and Fink. He's received interest from Michigan State and had a hell of a year in the BCHL for a kid that is only 16, here is the link.

http://bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_profile....playerID=238612

Hey, I had him on my radar a long time ago!

On paper he does look like a killer prospect, but getting him to go the NCAA route could be tough. Kudos to Michigan State for getting to him first. I think, in general, the BCHL kids just don't follow college hockey as closely as we believe they do, which is why Michigan Tech can land a recruit like Casey Pierro-Zabotel. The lesson is: get to them early.

On a separtate note...

Hammy and Iceburg have dropped some crypic clues on the ushsho board that may indicate Stillwater's Matt Johnson could be invited to the USNTDP. His '06-'07 teammate Tyler Kieffer is a SCSU recruit. Most of you probably already know this, but just in case... Stillwater's head coach is Phil Housley.

Do we really know that he's on our radar scope? The article made mention of a possibility he could wait for a scholarship offer from "Michigan or North Dakota" but it wasn't clear to me that these schools are actually chasing him, or that he's of a caliber to attract attention from top programs.

?

Do we really know that he's on our radar scope? The article made mention of a possibility he could wait for a scholarship offer from "Michigan or North Dakota" but it wasn't clear to me that these schools are actually chasing him, or that he's of a caliber to attract attention from top programs.

?

What it probably means is that these schools have recruited him but may have not made a scholarship offer yet. A scholarship offer is also what he could be waiting for since he said he will go to where he gets the best opportunity, so it could be the difference between college and major juniors. Also, if the Grieco rumor is true and he isn't on the team this year, the coaches will put the goalie position back on the radar. This would probably mean Eisdness would come in this year and you would be looking at a goalie for either 08 or 09.

What it probably means is that these schools have recruited him but may have not made a scholarship offer yet. A scholarship offer is also what he could be waiting for since he said he will go to where he gets the best opportunity, so it could be the difference between college and major juniors. Also, if the Grieco rumor is true and he isn't on the team this year, the coaches will put the goalie position back on the radar. This would probably mean Eisdness would come in this year and you would be looking at a goalie for either 08 or 09.

Won't we be looking for a goaltender in 2009 regardless because Walski would graduate then? Even so, I doubt we'd recruit anyone for a third stringer. We'd probably do the same thing as we did with Sofie and Walski and simply invite them to a tryout for a walk on goaltender.

Won't we be looking for a goaltender in 2009 regardless because Walski would graduate then? Even so, I doubt we'd recruit anyone for a third stringer. We'd probably do the same thing as we did with Sofie and Walski and simply invite them to a tryout for a walk on goaltender.

As I said, it depends on if Grieco is here or not. If he is not, for 08 or 09 you would be looking at a recruited/scholarship goaltender. Probably more so for 08, because Eidsness would be number 1 and you would be looking at getting a number 2.

Anyone know of any prosepective recruit with the last name Gardner?

My friend is a tour guide at UND and while she was waiting to pick up her tour Coach Eades came in with a recruit to get some enrollment information... she isn't sure on the last name, but that is the one that sticks out in her head. Had a little brother with him too... just a few years younger.

Not a lot of information, but I just thought I'd throw it out there see if anyone could figure anything out

Anyone know of any prosepective recruit with the last name Gardner?

My friend is a tour guide at UND and while she was waiting to pick up her tour Coach Eades came in with a recruit to get some enrollment information... she isn't sure on the last name, but that is the one that sticks out in her head. Had a little brother with him too... just a few years younger.

Not a lot of information, but I just thought I'd throw it out there see if anyone could figure anything out

Jake Gardiner??? - Who's a D-man I believe

I noticed that Matt Bruneteau (Shattuck U-16) played in the Lincoln Star's all star game and am not sure if he made the team or not but I have heard that he is a pretty good player and with his brother Brett coming here in 2008 does anyone else think or "know" if we have a good chance at landing another Shattuck player?

I noticed that Matt Bruneteau (Shattuck U-16) played in the Lincoln Star's all star game and am not sure if he made the team or not but I have heard that he is a pretty good player and with his brother Brett coming here in 2008 does anyone else think or "know" if we have a good chance at landing another Shattuck player?

He's good, also Matt and the younger brother Nick will be participating in their respective select festivals this summer, with Matt in the 17 festival and Nick in the 15 festival

http://www.wahahockey.com/2007boysusaparticipants.html

No idea if we were recruiting him, but LA Selects foward Dakota Eveland committed to Colorado College today. He will be playing for the NTDP 17U in the fall and will join CC in 2009, big pick up for the them.

im glad to see cc get a good pick up. id rather see them win championships than du. hopefully they can get a few more.