SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1) At least there's something exciting to talk about this summer now! I hope all this Gregoire stuff is true.

2) How come Dave hasn't signed yet?

3) David Toews gets lots of talk, but what about Oshie's little bro...is he any good?

Donald said...

Apparently they're pushing ANOTHER goalie (Grieco) out and have booted transfer Shea Hamilton (probably to make room for Gregoire). No wonder the USHL player of the year couldn't cut it there. Thank god Beaverson told them to f$%k off.

We have one person that has said that Grieco might play a year of juniors and another person that said Hamilton is no longer on the team. Let's wait until we hear it from UND before declaring it official. But I don't think that DTP operates that way. :D

DTP should know that Fornier also couldn't cut it at UAA either...so not sure what he is talking about there.

I could see the Hamilton rumor being true, as we will be loaded with forwards. But the Grieco rumor? We would be left with only 2 goalies this year, unless another goalie is being brought in with this recruiting class. I doubt that rumor is true.

1) At least there's something exciting to talk about this summer now! I hope all this Gregoire stuff is true.

2) How come Dave hasn't signed yet?

3) David Toews gets lots of talk, but what about Oshie's little bro...is he any good?

DONALD spewing his great insight again...halarious and great for the off season :D there were rumblings before remember on hamilton being out....grieco out? interesting unless eidsness is coming in now....a lot of rumors so we know its the damn summer............guess we will have to be patient....

there is no rush, he has a year at shattuck left and he will sign, be patient. not sure at what age you can sign or only verbal but i wouldnt worry about david toews at all. not sure on tjs's bro, he just oved to warroad i believe from seattle last year. have no idea.

I think someone posted a rumor about Grieco and Hamilton on USCHO. Who knows if it is true.

As per "Donald" who must be our friendly AA fan (aka DTP), it's not likely that Hamilton is getting much of a scholarship, therefore I doubt he needs to be "forced out" to make room for Gregoire. And if the Sioux are "pushing out" Grieco that just leaves them with Walski as the backup. Seems like we're short a goalie then, so not sure how Donald thinks this is evidence of "overrecruiting". And how could Donald wonder why Fornier couldn't "cut it" at UND? It shows how out of touch with reality this guy is.

Exactly! Apparently Fornier couldn't cut it at Anchorage either. Wonder if Donald will apologize if this rumor turns out to be false. Any fan from an opposing team can turn the slightest perceived problem into a sinister deed, without the inside knowledge of each situation. It's like a Sioux fan spouting off that they think Gwoz sent Paukovich out to hurt Bina and someone else to hurt Brady Murray. It's absurd, but who would be able to refute it but Gwoz and the player themselves, which makes it a he said, she said scenario. The same can be said of in-house problems with players. But of course Donald has all the facts. He must, because he is taking this circumstance as fact.

Exactly! Apparently Fornier couldn't cut it at Anchorage either. Wonder if Donald will apologize if this rumor turns out to be false. Any fan from an opposing team can make the slightest perceived problem as a sinister deed, without the inside knowledge of each situation. It's like a Sioux fan spouting off that they think Gwoz sent Paukovich out to hurt Bina and someone else to hurt Brady Murray. It's absurd, but who would be able to refute it but Gwoz and the player themselves, which makes it a he said, she said scenario. The same can be said of in-house problems with players. But of course Donald has all the facts. He must, because he is taking this circumstance as fact.

i could care less if donald the duck is right really on the players to go their different ways, he tries to spin to as a negative on UND. thats his motive and he has already begun that true or false. pretty funny actually. how did fornier work out at uaa?? hmmm.........

Well I can't believe that Hakstol would actively recruit a kid that has verballed.

It doesn't seem to be his style. If teams don't over recruit? I am not sure what that is.

All these are just rumors as of right now. We could all fill up a blog with rumors.

It the silly season folks.

You know the funny part is that UND would have a bad reputation if what Donald says was true, yet top recruits don't seem to be shying away from the Sioux, but continue to avoid Anchorage like the plague.

You know the funny part is that UND would have a bad reputation if what Donald says was true, yet top recruits don't seem to be shying away from the Sioux, but continue to avoid Anchorage like the plague.

Yeah good point. They aren't landing the blue chippas.

I can't imagine that "Come to Anchorage because Sunlight and Winning are over-rated" is an easy pitch... :D

True. Most "blue chip" recruits go to UND because it's a good way to get into the pros, and the benefits tend to payoff when they do leave. I think anybody who gets cut, regardless of their draft status, hype, etc., deserves it, really. I can't imagine Blais or Hakstol being so dumb as to waste time and money recruiting people they didn't think would make the team and would not play to stay there.

They don't (and other teams coaches) recruit kids that have verballed somewhere else. Although the offer may still be on the table, as in this case or they'd still love to have Riley Nash, they aren't going to actively recruit the player to change his mind. With the comments made by Donald, remember that being a UAA fan can create animosity towards every other school. It's hard to consistintly lose good recruits and therefore games to every other team in the conference. Remember the standpoint he is coming from :D

Looks like Stepan Novotny is a Mankato lean.

good player, interesting...that will be a good land for msu if so....is he a 08 then chuck?? thanks

any word on mario lamoureaux or gregoire? gracias mi amigo!

thought mario is at north michinga?

He has decided to return to his USHL team... it was announced at the same time as his brother transferring to the Air Force... I'm not sure if they are related or independent decisions.

He has decided to return to his USHL team... it was announced at the same time as his brother transferring to the Air Force... I'm not sure if they are related or independent decisions.

im guessing 100% its related......good luck to both

good player, interesting...that will be a good land for msu if so....is he a 08 then chuck?? thanks

any word on mario lamoureaux or gregoire? gracias mi amigo!

Not sure on any of your questions...sorry...

Although Mankato loves to give full rides to kids early...Novotny would be the perfect case for this.

i was just wondering if anybody knows how "gregoire" is pronounced. and schlossman knows about this rumor too, so hopefully he can shed some light on it soon. the denver fans are going nuts over this situation. but i would be too if i was a du fan.

i was just wondering if anybody knows how "gregoire" is pronounced. and schlossman knows about this rumor too, so hopefully he can shed some light on it soon. the denver fans are going nuts over this situation. but i would be too if i was a du fan.

I would be willing to bet DU originally offered Gregoire a full scholarship for the upcoming season and perhaps they can't honor that offer. In which case the kid has decided to look elsewhere. If this turns out to be the case, perhaps this Donald (or should I say Daffy) Duck character should think more carefully before he writes about schools who over recruit.

A buddy in Winnipeg just told me on the phone that he thinks Gregoire has committed to UND so now we await the official good news.

I would be willing to bet DU originally offered Gregoire a full scholarship for the upcoming season and perhaps they can't honor that offer. In which case the kid has decided to look elsewhere. If this turns out to be the case, perhaps this Donald (or should I say Daffy) Duck character should think more carefully before he writes about schools who over recruit.

A buddy in Winnipeg just told me on the phone that he thinks Gregoire has committed to UND so now we await the official good news.

That would be awesome.