SiouxSports.com Forum

What's the best thing about North Dakota

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this joint is in horribly bad taste, it's not illegal.

The real crime is the fact that this clown was ever allowed, by the city, to even get back in the bar business in the first place. The dude has a history of torching properties and there's residential units above these establishments. Although, I believe he's leasing these buildings and doesn't own them. So I suppose that there's no incentive to torch them at this point. He snuck in the back door to get his last liquor license in East Grand Forks. Now, it's my understanding that they won't allow him to operate over there.

It's a sad symbol of the level of desperation in downtown Grand Forks, in my opinion.

Who cares? If you don't like it, don't go. If you want to see semi-naked chicks while you are drunk, go. If you want to see fully naked chicks while drunk, stay home with a six pack and surf the net. Big deal for any of them. Grand Forks can spend their money on much more important things than searching for some menial little thing which the Uptown Downtwon is violating.

Waitresses dressed in g-strings and bras because "that's how they want to dress" and crawling on the floor picking up tips with their mouths. 

Mmm, sounds like a real high class joint.

Ok then, I won't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try not to bitch about it then like some people...

and try not to outlaw it like some people...

aka smoking ban.....

don't like don't go.....

cause many people will go and enjoy themselves.

In the category of well thought out post, you have to admire bringing up an establishment with scantily clad females in a thread about what is the best thing in North Dakota. Hunting, fishing, and good-hard working people (Would the females working at said establishment fall into this category?) are trite anwers compared to this.

Especially considering where you live. Dallas and Houston have gentlemens clubs on every other street corner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best gentlemens clubs in the US.

We do, however, live in the bible belt. There is a town in the metroplex that voted to not allow a hooters to move into their neighborhood. So I guess that is not something exclusive to Norh Dakota.

I know that I am very conservative and very old-fashioned, but I just had to comment on where this thread has gone. I can't tell you how many articles I have read about the horrors done to these girls. While there are some American girls who get into stripping voluntarily, many girls are forced to come here from Russia, the Phillipines, Thailand, etc. Some are lied to and told they will have good jobs waiting for them in America and some are just physically threatened. When they get here, they are continually beaten and raped by their "owners." Those that have babies are told they will no longer see their babies again or that the children will be killed if the girls try to run away or go to the police. The girls work 6-7 days a week and are also forced to get into prostitution. Some are told they will not be released until they pay their "travel expenses" which of course means your tips go the sex slave owners. Organized crime "owns" the clubs and the girls. Some of the crime organizations are foreign,some American, and some a combination.

I am not a saint and I would be lying if I said I did not look at(and sometimes lust at) attractive girls, but PLEASE do not give your money to these monsters. They are a sick mixture of rapists/pimps/sex slave dealers. If you really need to look at good-looking girls half your age, save a lot of money and go to Hooters. It's still sleazy, but at least you won't be contributing to the horrific international sex slave industry. Thanks for your time, guys.

Alrighty then....

What's great about North Dakota is that it's a great place to live and a great place to raise a family. I wouldn't raise my kids anywhere else.

I worked the Fargo Marathon last year and talked to people from Arizona, Carolina, Florida, Texas, Oregon.......the list goes on and on, and all they had to say was how wonderful, outgoing and friendly the people were. One lady said that someone had asked her if she was running the marathon and then proceeded to buy her supper for her and welcome her to our state. Everyone that I talked to had experienced something like that from the people who live here. That's just who/what we are.

*lights cigar and gets out $1 bills* Just kidding.

Wide open spaces, endless prairie, and the quality of the people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lots of wide open spaces to hunt in.

Lots of pot holes to shoot ducks in.

Lots of wide open fields to shoot pheasants in.

Golf courses that don't have a lot of trees in to play golf in.

I love wide open spaces.

Lots of wide open spaces to hunt in.

Lots of pot holes to shoot ducks in.

Lots of wide open fields to shoot pheasants in.

Golf courses that don't have a lot of trees in to play golf in.

I love wide open spaces.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking of Golf, anyone on the message board been down to play Bully Pulpit? I was wondering how the course is?

Alrighty then....

What's great about North Dakota is that it's a great place to live and a great place to raise a family.  I wouldn't raise my kids anywhere else.

I worked the Fargo Marathon last year and talked to people from Arizona, Carolina, Florida, Texas, Oregon.......the list goes on and on, and all they had to say was how wonderful, outgoing and friendly the people were.  One lady said that someone had asked her if she was running the marathon and then proceeded to buy her supper for her and welcome her to our state.  Everyone that I talked to had experienced something like that from the people who live here.  That's just who/what we are.

*lights cigar and gets out $1 bills*    Just kidding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that this post contains "Alrighty then" and "supper" is why I love North Dakota. Well said, Mom.

While certainly not being perfect, Nodakers are generally intelligent and hard working. Students usually do quite well as they venture out into the rest of the world. The challenging climate breeds self-sufficiency, responsibility. Sure, there's a lot of fed $$ coming in for farming, but I've never heard anyone regard a North Dakotan as being lazy. Surprisingly hip are Nodak teens, and generally level-headed enough to know how things work in the real world. You gain by earning, not scheming. Honesty and kindness are abundant. Many folks are well-traveled, and understand "big-city" ways all too clearly. They just don't care for it. Technology, as it helps minimize going outside, keeps Nodakers well-connected to the world. I'm very proud to have grown up in that wonderful state. Maybe move back someday...

taz digs Nodak chicks, even married one of 'em. too bad for her.

I have an example to show you why it is nice living in North Dakota. You saw all the looting and crime in New Orleans during Katrina, well during our 500-year flood in 1997 you didn't have any of that garbage going on, just people helping people -- and grumbling I guess. In fact, I remember one guy calling the radio station and telling everyone his address and that his house was open and if anyone could get to it by boat they could take the stuff in the freezer before it rots.

A little too trusting in my eyes, but at least it is good to know that people still have faith in each other. It never fails to amaze me how many people in Grand Forks still leave their houses open in today's day and age. Wish that feeling of safety wasn't tarnished for the rest of us.