SiouxSports.com Forum

What's the best thing about North Dakota

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact that in 20 minutes or less, you can get away from everyone, even though the people here are generally honest, hard-working, good-hearted people. The air is fresh. We still have most of the modern conveniences that all those big city folk have :silly: even though we are considered "remote". The hunting and fishing are abundant.

Not to say that I don't like the action of larger cities, but I like the "slower" speed.

Just a lot of things that a person can't quantify because they've just been living that way all their life...

Old fashioned standards and a common sense mentality. It's the kind of place where someone will bake something and bring it over to their new neighbor. Yes, we have a**holes too, but the good far outnumber the bad.

I've had many opportunities to leave, but I wouldn't raise my kids anywhere else in the world. :silly:

I'd say the people here are the best. They tend to help people they don't know.

Slid off the road near Reynolds, ND on my way back to Grand Forks and 5 cars stopped to ask if I needed to use their cell phones. I have had people give me money when I came up just short. People give tickets to events if they have extras.

It was very nice.

I've also been impressed with the schools. Teachers rank 48th or 49th on the national pay scale but the waiting lists in Grand Forks and Fargo area school districts are a mile long.

I am not a native of North Dakota (went to school at UND.. 5 year program) I like North Dakota (Grand Forks) for the following reasons:

1) Slower pace of life.

2) Friendly people.

3) Bucks on Fridays.

4) Red Pepper.

5) Sioux Hockey at the Ralph (old and new)

6) Smell of Simplot (just kidding)

7) No hastle airport.

8) Winters (no really!)

9) Duck hunting

10) Sioux Hockey at the Ralph (I know it's here twice)

I hope I'm not sorry asking this question, but what is red pepper? I've heard of hush puppies,pasties, and elephant ears, but not a red pepper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a restaurant in Grand Forks made famous by UND students.

My kids would get on their bikes and be gone for hours and I never panicked (well, ok, once). My sister (who still lives in Chicago) would be dialing 911 if she didn't see her kids for 15 seconds. They couldn't go to school, the neighborhood park, the movies, to friends' houses (unless they were relatives) without a parent until they turned 21<<for good reasons!

I love Chicago and go home (home is where your mom is) often but Grand Forks is were I've planted my roots. UND season Hockey and Football tickets are two reasons why I'll probably never leave.

Having to fly anywhere via Minneapolis is a pain but we can fly anywhere.