SiouxSports.com Forum

Media Stories on the Sioux Name

star2city

MPLSBison is sort of like that, but different. MPLSBison comes on here just to rile us up. He may believe what he says, but that's irrelevant. He knows we are an emotional, passionate, fanbase when it comes to this issue (among others) and uses that to gather entertainment. If we posted how our eyes fool us into believing that the sky is blue and it really is, in fact, green, MPLSBison will go on how it is actually more purple simply because it would aggravate us.

He's a bully, in effect, without really using personal attacks. He can get away with it because, in a black and white context, he really hasn't violated any of the rules of the board.

Doing what he's doing here makes him happy. In a way, he could use it for bragging rights. Talking about how trolls like GrahamKracker have come on this board (among others) but couldn't stay unbanned while accomplishing what he has accomplished.

He has posters here ready to quit the board over him. For a bully, that's a big success. I'm sure, if there was a legal way for him to convince us that, by rooting for the Sioux, we are all morons and should all go play in I29 traffic, he'd go ahead and do it, claiming that his purpose was enlightenment and not animosity.

The proverbial trying to shake our hands with one hand and flipping us off with the other.

The reality is this:

The Nickname is changing. Once the nickname has changed, UND's non-hockey sports will be in a conference. Once that happens, a need for this part of the forum goes away.... and MPLSBison is left without a venue for his statements.

The key really is to ignore him. And I admit I haven't done an especially good job of it. And I admit it also is very hard to do so. But everyone who leaves because of him, puts down JimDahl over him, and argues with him, basically fuels MPLSBison's happiness.

He's a sad man in the fact that he so enjoys coming on here and acting in such a way. But he's found a loophole and he's exploiting it.

Guys, look:

1) It's just a message board!

So what if someone who doesn't fit into your perfect "agrees with everyone on everything" virtual society is on your message board? What's wrong with having different viewpoints?

Trust me, this is hardly the first message board that has acted this way towards me. For some reason, the folks who are regulars at their boards defend them like children and I've never understood why (and I don't want to).

2) Is everything Kelley Green in the real world? No, right?

Then why does it have to be on this board? What's wrong with having your arguments challenged?

3) If it's so bad - ignore my posts!

Why are the things I say so irresistible? You guys can't help yourselves, at least from what I've seen. You all talk a big game about ignoring this and that, but here you still are.

I ignore posts all the time. As soon as I see some mouth-breather start throwing out personal attacks with a redneck vocabulary, I just ignore it.

But it never happens. This leads me to only one possible theory: deep down you actually enjoy posting with your fellow fans, bashing my posts and arguments into smithereens. It's entertaining! And what's wrong with that? Nothing, I say.

It's those few folks out there who try to take it too far - like what's said at a message board is carved in stone and deadly serious. Come on!

Makes a lot of sense to me, although I will acknowledge this: I believe different courts/juries presented with the same information are just as likely to arrive at different conclusions and verdicts. When you take something to court, you never know. It does seem logical, however, that if an imagery is deemed "hostile and abusive" one place, logically a similar piece of imagery should also fit into the "hostile and abusive" category. The NCAA made a serious error in the first place in this instance and wants to have it both ways. Nevertheless, money talks. Part of me wants to say it would serve the NCAA right if the power conferences establish their own playoff system, much in the same way the BCS system is set up in football. Providing the money is there sometime in TV contracts, it just might happen.

Agreed, you never know what others will come up with. I was just trying to be as logical as I could.

I will try it a different way though. No one is saying that the United Center would have to remove their logos or cover them up if the NCAA held an event there. What they are saying, if I have this right, is that it would be hypocritical or not in keeping with their current ruling that a place of competition can not or should not "host" an NCAA even when they have hostile and abusive imagery and then to choose a different venue with similar imagery to hold such an event.

http://www.narcissism101.com/

Narcissists are basically children, and they manipulate other people by making them react like children. A Narcissist will try to charm you, scare you or use whatever works to get his or her way. They have never grown up, so their ethics and emotions are childlike. If you deal with them you will soon find out they like to 'play'. At first this can appear amusing, until you discover that they are serious - they seek revenge for any slight, spreading rumors and lies about people they don't like (usually someone who has stood up to them, thwarting their childish ambitions). The greatest danger they pose is they want to bring everyone down to their level - they do this by manipulating the child in all of us. If they can push our buttons, get us going, convince people of their sincerity and goodness, then people will think good is bad, and bad is good. Narcissists hate maturity, they hate adults, they hate anyone who thinks (differently from them). Yes, they are hypocrites. They lie, cheat and steal - all the while putting up a front of being good and perfect. They are not intelligent per se, but they are cunning, and they will get their way if we let them. Like the bad apple that spoils the barrel, a Narcissist will slowly spread their disease to others, destroying lives, and wrecking havoc. S.M.

in a nut shell.... adult kids!

Agreed, you never know what others will come up with. I was just trying to be as logical as I could.

I will try it a different way though. No one is saying that the United Center would have to remove their logos or cover them up if the NCAA held an event there. What they are saying, if I have this right, is that it would be hypocritical or not in keeping with their current ruling that a place of competition can not or should not "host" an NCAA even when they have hostile and abusive imagery and then to choose a different venue with similar imagery to hold such an event.

ONLY if said place of competition normally hosts a NCAA-affiliated school's team that was on the H&A list.

Otherwise, the criteria is invalid.

ONLY if said place of competition normally hosts a NCAA-affiliated school's team that was on the H&A list.

Otherwise, the criteria is invalid.

Regular tenant of the facility is irrelevant. NCAA is against Native American imagery. Facilities displaying such imagery should be out of bounds. Otherwise the NCAA would be condoning said imagery.

Did the NCAA put the Chicago Blackhawks on the "Hostile and Abusive" list?

No? Then your argument fails to equate the United Center's situation with the REA's situation. They are in fact, unequal.

Due to the NCAA lawsuit settlement UND was offically OFF of the Hostile and Abusive list.

Regular tenant of the facility is irrelevant. NCAA is against Native American imagery. Facilities displaying such imagery should be out of bounds. Otherwise the NCAA would be condoning said imagery.

Tenant is the only thing relevant. The building is either an extension of a NCAA-affiliated team that plays there or it's not.

There is no other logically consistent way to look at it, IMO.

Tenant is the only thing relevant. The building is either an extension of a NCAA-affiliated team that plays there or it's not.

There is no other logically consistent way to look at it, IMO.

It is the imagery and use of Native American names that is offensive to the NCAA. They are being hypocritical if they say that it only matters for their members and not for anyone else. Therefore the tenant should be irrelevant. There is no other logically consistent way to look at it, IMHO.

It is the imagery and use of Native American names that is offensive to the NCAA. They are being hypocritical if they say that it only matters for their members and not for anyone else. Therefore the tenant should be irrelevant. There is no other logically consistent way to look at it, IMHO.

Then we'll agree to disagree.

It would be nearly impossible for me to see how you place sanctions on an inanimate object, like a building, but I guess some are so desperate to draw connections that aren't there if it means any chance to save even a piece of the nickname.

Then we'll agree to disagree.

It would be nearly impossible for me to see how you place sanctions on an inanimate object, like a building, but I guess some are so desperate to draw connections that aren't there if it means any chance to save even a piece of the nickname.

There are literally hundreds of facilities that the NCAA can use across the United States. They don't believe that Native American imagery should be used for sports teams. If they don't want it seen at their tournaments they should hold their tournaments in buildings without Native American imagery. How hard is that to understand. It isn't about placing sanctions on the team or facility. It is about living up to the standard that they have tried to set.

It is dumbfucks like MplsBison why this board now sucks and a number of people don't post here anymore. He has sucked the fun out of this place and he's been allowed to do so. I do not understand why he is continually allowed to post here as he purposely and continually acts like a braindead asshole. I do not know of any other place where this constant bullheaded and purposely jerkoff behavior is allowed. Who cares if he's not breaking the rules? When 99% of the posters can't stand a fellow poster, just ban him and make the board fun to be on once again. Isn't that what this place is supposed to ultimately be? Fun? Well it sure as hell hasn't been fun for the past year. So can you please just ban this joke? If not, please just delete my account here, as I don't need to it anymore.

If people put 1/2 as much energy into being vocal about the injustice that is the looming name change as they do arguing with MPLSBISON I do think we would be much closer to being heard than where we stand today.

BTW, anyone who thinks MPLSBISON's point on the current stadium topic has no validity is just plain irrational and unable to think objectively.

The bottom line is both sides are correct because it is an argument of perception and interpretation.

I think the original point that was made stated, it should be viewed as 'hypocritical' toward the NCAA if they had a regional in the United Center. On some level this is clearly true.

Then the argument switched to what the NCAA can do regarding it's "right to choose a venue" this is about as stupid an argument as I have ever seen on this site.

WE all KNOW that the NCAA can do whatever it wants to do, DON'T WE??

They will pick wherever they want to have the tourneys.

If they can make up !@#$ like, hostile and abusive and have you all swallow it to the degree that you all let them take OUR name away, then how hard do you think it will be for them if they decide to choose the United Center for A Frozen four?

Hmmmmm?

If people put 1/2 as much energy into being vocal about the injustice that is the looming name change as they do arguing with MPLSBISON I do think we would be much closer to being heard than where we stand today.

BTW, anyone who thinks MPLSBISON's point on the current stadium topic has no validity is just plain irrational and unable to think objectively.

The bottom line is both sides are correct because it is an argument of perception and interpretation.

I think the original point that was made stated, it should be viewed as 'hypocritical' toward the NCAA if they had a regional in the United Center. On some level this is clearly true.

Then the argument switched to what the NCAA can do regarding it's "right to choose a venue" this is about as stupid an argument as I have ever seen on this site.

WE all KNOW that the NCAA can do whatever it wants to do, DON'T WE??

They will pick wherever they want to have the tourneys.

If they can make up !@#$ like, hostile and abusive and have you all swallow it to the degree that you all let them take OUR name away, then how hard do you think it will be for them if they decide to choose the United Center for A Frozen four?

Hmmmmm?

Whether his point is logically valid or not, it doesn't make it OK to act like a spoiled 4 year-old. He's been typing the same thing over and over and over, making sure to insult anyone that disagrees with him.

If it's such a stupid argument why are we extending it, and at the same time defending the person that is singlehandedly creating the argument?

Everyone, just STOP typing in this thread for a couple days. Failing that, STOP responding to the idiot, unless he says something that we haven't already heard 1000 times.

Let him look like a fool, with no one to talk to but himself. Jeez, it's so simple.

You're a child. :ohmy:

Actually; MPLSBISIONFAN is an F'N idiot. I think Dirty covered the subject pretty well too.

It is dumbfucks like MplsBison why this board now sucks and a number of people don't post here anymore. He has sucked the fun out of this place and he's been allowed to do so. I do not understand why he is continually allowed to post here as he purposely and continually acts like a braindead asshole. I do not know of any other place where this constant bullheaded and purposely jerkoff behavior is allowed. Who cares if he's not breaking the rules? When 99% of the posters can't stand a fellow poster, just ban him and make the board fun to be on once again. Isn't that what this place is supposed to ultimately be? Fun? Well it sure as hell hasn't been fun for the past year. So can you please just ban this joke? If not, please just delete my account here, as I don't need to it anymore.

There are literally hundreds of facilities that the NCAA can use across the United States. They don't believe that Native American imagery should be used for sports teams. If they don't want it seen at their tournaments they should hold their tournaments in buildings without Native American imagery. How hard is that to understand. It isn't about placing sanctions on the team or facility. It is about living up to the standard that they have tried to set.

And I don't see how hard it is to understand that the NCAA governs its affiliated teams only. The Blackhawks are not affiliated with the NCAA and therefore their imagery, and thus any like imagery in the venue they play in, are irrelevant to the NCAA's criteria for selecting the venue for post season tournaments.

It comes down to this: my argument is simpler than yours. Occam's razor.

And I don't see how hard it is to understand that the NCAA governs its affiliated teams only. The Blackhawks are not affiliated with the NCAA and therefore their imagery, and thus any like imagery in the venue they play in, are irrelevant to the NCAA's criteria for selecting the venue for post season tournaments.

It comes down to this: my argument is simpler than yours. Occam's razor.

It's only simpler to your simple mind.

NCAA doesn't want to see Native American imagery. So you think they would want to hold tourney games in places where they don't have Native American imagery. How much simpler do you want it?

I've come to the conclusion that was much as MplsBison is a dumbfuck, the people who continually engage and quote him are bigger dumbfucks who only satisfy his masturbatory fetishes.

I've come to the conclusion that was much as MplsBison is a dumbfuck, the people who continually engage and quote him are bigger dumbfucks who only satisfy his masturbatory fetishes.

I think we have about 99% agreement that MPLSBISON FAN is a dumbf#(ker. There was a visual I didn't need. though Yikes. :ohmy::D???:lol: