SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN Sportcenter 50 states in 50 days

joelbird

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still pretty skewed on the REA bit.

However, overall, North Dakota seems to follow football. No, NDSU football isn't the best football in DII or DIAAAAAAA, but hockey has a bad image right now and that could very well affect the votes too.

The Nickname thing is skewed to. 77 percent or so say it should be kept. This is a surprising number when you think about all the NDSU and Fargo people that must have voted up until this time. It kinda speaks as to just how many people actually put some thought into it instead of "Anything to screw UND is good for me" kind of thing.

The Nickname thing is skewed to.  77 percent or so say it should be kept.  This is a surprising number when you think about all the NDSU and Fargo people that must have voted up until this time.  It kinda speaks as to just how many people actually put some thought into it instead of "Anything to screw UND is good for me" kind of thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think when it comes down to it most Bison fans would think keeping it is a good thing.

Even if they may say something different in jest.

Yea that never happens for sue fans!  I would guess that UND fans are following the Bison DI transition more than any Bison fan is following anything that is happening in UND sports.

And people slow down to look at a good car crash or train wreck too. :huh:

It will be interesting to see what your responses will be when UND jumps to full DI without a conference!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like to think that the "powers that be" at UND are not as myopic, or drunk, as their cousins to the south.

It will be interesting to see what your responses will be when UND jumps to full DI without a conference!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly, Bison Dan, I couldn't care less about UND debating the move to D1-AA. It's still small-time compared to Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and plenty of other schools. I just get a kick out of how you NDSU fans gloat over being big-time. Quick! Name the 2004 NCAA D1-AA football champ. Uh huh. I thought so...

Honestly, Bison Dan, I couldn't care less about UND debating the move to D1-AA. It's still small-time compared to Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and plenty of other schools. I just get a kick out of how you NDSU fans gloat over being big-time. Quick! Name the 2004 NCAA D1-AA football champ. Uh huh. I thought so...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James Madison.

What does this have to do with the ESPN poll?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did know that one.

I could see UND going to DI but I could see UND going DI without a conference only one way: If somehow UND had a big ol' pot of money handed to them by some benefactor or benefactors.

If you think NDSU fans are ballot-stuffing, check out the Iowa poll! It's obvious that Iowa State Cyclone basketball fans have voted thousands of times. There have been close to 180,000 votes already! (compare to about 11,000 votes for the Wisconsin poll).