SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN Sportcenter 50 states in 50 days

joelbird

Espn has this 50 states 50 days thing going on. They are going to be in Oakes for the Cal Ripken baseball on Saturday July 23rd. Supposed to be on Sportscenter and talk about the state. Anyway they have a poll of 10 ?'s you can vote on. Get a load of Question #1 Answer #4 and Question #4 and the last answer on that one. Does anybody look anything up or ask any damn questions. Drives me nuts. :huh:

Here is the link http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...g?event_id=1448

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Espn has this 50 states 50 days thing going on.  They are going to be in Oakes for the Cal Ripken baseball on Saturday July 23rd.  Supposed to be on Sportscenter and talk about the state.  Anyway they have a poll of 10 ?'s you can vote on.  Get a load of Question #1 Answer #4 and Question #4 and the last answer on that one.  Does anybody look anything up or ask any damn questions.  Drives me nuts.  :huh:

Here is the link http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...g?event_id=1448

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes - thanks for posting this. We all need to vote. I assume the Bison fans will be learning about this soon!

I would recommend that someone post this under Hockey, football and BB to ensure all UND fans vote. I would do it but don't know how to do so.

I liked the choices for most memorable moment.

Most memorable sports moment?

Roger Maris hits 61 home runs to establish new MLB single-season record (1961)

Doug Smail ties record with four goals as UND wins NCAA hockey title (1980)

University of North Dakota wins seventh NCAA hockey title (2000)

University of North Dakota wins sixth Div. II football national title (2001)

North Dakota defeats North Dakota St. 28-21 in OT in Nickel Trophy game (2003)

Maris was obviously going to be on there, but I found it funny that ESPN included four moments for UND victories and only one mention of NDSU and that being a loss. Although, you could argue that ESPN screwed up on the UND football championship entry and might have put NDSU's DII titles there instead if they did indeed mix up the schools (not that they've ever done that before).

They're not playing right now, but ESPN should have included UND vs. NDSU for football as it's the bigest rivarly in my mind (provided they play each other again). ESPN included SDSU vs USD in football for SD.

Favorite pro team?

Chicago Cubs

Dallas Cowboys

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Timberwolves

Minnesota Twins

Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Wild

New York Yankees

More like least favorite for me. The Packers was the easy choice as I don't care one way or another about the Twins, T-wolves, and Wild and I can't stand the Cubs, Cowboys, Vikings, and Yankees.

ESPN had 11 moments as most memorable for MN including:

Most memorable sports moment?

Minnesota Vikings become first team to lose four Super Bowls, falling 32-14 against Raiders (1977)

Univ. of Minnesota reaches Final Four for first time in school history but loses to Kentucky in semifinal (1997)

Gary Anderson misses first FG of season, costing Vikings the NFC championship game against Atlanta (1998)

Univ. of Minnesota men's hockey wins NCAA Frozen Four, school's first title in sport (2002)

Univ. of Minnesota women's hockey captures second consecutive NCAA title, beating Harvard 4-3 in overtime (2005)

- The Vikings losing four Super Bowls. That's a great memory for Viking fans.

- MN reaching the Final Four? Not according to the NCAA as they Gophers had to wipe that out of their record book.

- Gary Anderson's missed FG? Memorable for Packer fans maybe.

- UND has six football titles and apparently the Gophers have two hockey titles.

- Nothing against women's hockey, but why did they include that? They already had 10 other moments and it's a minor sport. How about the Gophers winning the men's golf title after the school announced plans to cut the sport the following year instead?

With about 2,300 votes, the UND-MN rivarly is pulling almost the same number of votes as the MN-WI rivarly in hockey and football combined.

Best rivalry?

77.9% Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers

9.3% Univ. of Minnesota vs. Univ. of North Dakota (hockey)

4.8% Univ. of Minnesota vs. Univ. of Wisconsin (hockey)

4.7% Univ. of Minnesota vs. Univ. of Wisconsin (football)

2.6% Minnesota Twins vs. Chicago White Sox

0.7% Minnesota Wild vs. Dallas Stars

I think the results are being skewed somewhat by someone voting multiple times. I looked at the totals yesterday and again today and the results are completely different. For example, I don't think too many people really believe that the SDSU/NDSU football game is even close to the UND/Minn hockey game as far as rivalries.

I think the results are being skewed somewhat by someone voting multiple times.  I looked at the totals yesterday and again today and the results are completely different.  For example, I don't think too many people really believe that the SDSU/NDSU football game is even close to the UND/Minn hockey game as far as rivalries.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yesterday, the poll showed UND football with nearly the same votes as NDSU football. :huh: I guess we know how NDSU fans spent their Saturday: ballot stuffing 3000 votes. Apparently, there is some cheap / unemployed labor in those parts. ;)

4) Favorite North Dakota team?

45.4% North Dakota State (football)

34.2% Univ. of North Dakota (hockey)

9.8% North Dakota State (basketball)

5.8% Univ. of North Dakota (football)

2.3% Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks (baseball)

1.1% Dakota Wizards (basketball)

0.6% Univ. of North Dakota (basketball)

Get ON IT people!! obviously the losers at WEINERVILLE have been working on this for months ;)

a couple examples....

v. SDSU the "best rivalry"? GIMME A BREAK!! They've had a "rivalry" for all of one year....WOW...that's tradition...as soon as I see the first dead Jackrabbit hit the turf at the 'barn - I might change my mind :huh:

Best venue to watch a game? The FARGOBARN? Yeah, if you want to shoot a cannon and not hit anyone... (plus their videoboards and game production SUCK compared to the Alerus - always have (since they scrambled to add them after the Al came on line) and always will (the 3D spinning bison only goes so far compared to SACK CITY!) NOTE to voters....come to a Sioux/Gopher game at the Ralph and you'll understand what ATMOSPHERE is all about!!!