SiouxSports.com Forum

T.J. Oshie

Yttrium

I do not think it is the wisest thing to bring Oshie in next year but what do I know.  The talent is there but a year in the USHL is really needed in my opinion.  I don't quite understand this one but that is why I don't make the decisions but just get to criticize them on SS.com!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just think UND is rushing the kid. Besides we have more than enough talent to finish year with, without rushing a kid up to the WCHA. Its not like he played for Shattacks were they play 80 games against tougher competition...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rising

T.J. Oshie / Warroad HS (MN)

Position: Center Height: 5-11 Weight: 190

Oshie is a skilled, hard-nosed forward who can score. He will play any style you throw at him. Oshie played with Niskanen in the same all-star game. He was the best forward on the ice in this game, as he contributed offensively, played with great determination, was physical and was a one-on-one threat whenever he was on the ice. He had an outstanding tournament and will be attending the University of North Dakota. Oshie has a great work ethic and is well coached.

ISS Top 10 2005 prospects for April

I suspect alot will depend on our need for right handed or left handed forwards. Isn't Oshie lefthanded? If so, he would likely be considered before Vandevelde. (both are going to be good impact players whenever they join the team).

I've never seen Brad Miller or heard much about him. Anyone know what type of player he is? Is he supposed to provide heavy scoring or is he nothing more than "filler" on a 3rd or 4th line?

I'm one of those, like Sic, who believe that, with Martens walking on, in order for Oshie to come a year early, one of our forwards must be leaving.  Here are unlikely yet possible reasons:

1.  <hinted>

2.  Brad Miller is staying in the USHL

3.  Bina is giving up his scholarship while he's on medical redshirt

4.  Drew Stafford just signed with Buffalo

5.  Lee Marvin isn't returning to the team

6.  Kaip isn't returning to the team.

Now, apart from #1 and maybe #2, the rest is horsecrap.  Ergo, I'll wait until it is officially announced before I welcome him early.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kaip is returning,he has been symtom free for over 2 months and has been doing full work outs with no problems. The true test will be contact but a full recvery seems likely.

I suspect alot will depend on our need for right handed or left handed forwards. Isn't Oshie lefthanded? If so, he would likely be considered before Vandevelde. (both are going to be good impact players whenever they join the team).

I've never seen Brad Miller or heard much about him. Anyone know what type of player he is? Is he supposed to provide heavy scoring or is he nothing more than "filler" on a 3rd or 4th line?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On next year's team Brad Miller will have a hard time cracking the line-up IMO. If he does it will be on the 4th line. I think he has some talent but as deep as the team is at forward he will really have to impress the coaches to move into a top 3 line spot. If you figure the line combos it is hard to figure him in anywhere but the 4th line, but we shall see when practice starts, maybe he will turn some heads.

Is #26 available?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If my estimates are correct, the numbers that will be available or are currently available are:

3, 5-10, 12, 16, 20, 22, 25, 29-33, 35+ (this assumes Matt Greene, Matt Smaby, Brady Murray, and Drew Stafford stay).

One thing of note: I'm expecting Zach Jones to inherit the #3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miller, Duncan, Toews and Chorney all played on the 2003/2004 Shattuck St. Marys team....If I remember correctly Duncan, Miller and Toews were 1-2-3 in team scoring with Duncan on top and Miller and Toews not far behind.....not sure they played on the same line, but am sure they know each others strengths and playmaking skills....they all seemed to know how to find the net and score