SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Goal Horn

Fedorov

What do you think of the REA Goal Horn?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the REA Goal Horn?

• It is perfect
    • Turn up the volume
    • Turn down the volume
    • The volume doesn't matter, get a different one

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to crank the volume up big time and follow it with that Rocknroll part 2 song (what ever its called), just like the Minnesota Wild does. And play it the entire time until the puck is dropped. They need to get people pumped up and out of their seats. But then I suppose the people who want a library atmosphere will complain.

I like the horn at the Kohl Center.  Makes your back hair stand on end.  Way cool.

taz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I enjoy how loud it is there. Maybe everyone isn't standing up, rather they are jumping from the noise. ;) PCM enjoys hearing the Kohls goal horn when he picks a good ensemble. :D

They need to crank the volume up big time and follow it with that Rocknroll part 2 song (what ever its called), just like the Minnesota Wild does.  And play it the entire time until the puck is dropped.  They need to get people pumped up and out of their seats.  But then I suppose the people who want a library atmosphere will complain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I prefer Blur Song 2.

They need to crank the volume up big time and follow it with that Rocknroll part 2 song (what ever its called), just like the Minnesota Wild does.  And play it the entire time until the puck is dropped.  They need to get people pumped up and out of their seats.  But then I suppose the people who want a library atmosphere will complain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason I've never heard the horn is because I'm screaming, jumping up and down, and high-fiving everyone around me. I guess if it were louder I might hear it.

give me something UNIQUE!!! Alaska Anchorage has the Foghorn...it's just a copy and VERY ironic since we're so landlocked it's not even funny! Maybe we should take suggestions to something uniques to ND??

---how about the sound of Mosquito trucks spraying!!! X1000!!! (it would also sound like a fart which would appeal to many college age fans ;) )

Lose the foghorn.

Get the siren that was used (sorry folks that lived it) to declare the evacuation of the City of Grand Forks in the 1997 flood. Rip that sucker loose after a Sioux goal.

The message to the opponent:

We survived that flood; will you survive this one?

And it even meets CRR's "unique" criteria. ;)

I'd like to hear a little less "pre-packaged" crap music between whistles.  The Ralph really doesn't have to have music playing between every puck drop...and the band should have more playing time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That music is great compared to what we had to listen to while waiting for warmups.

The band would be a wonderful filler between puck drops but they don't have the material and certainly not the chops to do it. Admittedly, the band got INCREDIBLY better this past season than in years past (including the time when I was in the band), but to be named the #1 music maker, you've got to bring a lot to the table. Cheryl Crow and showtunes aren't going to cut it.

That being said, if I hear John Denver or Dave Matthews (like him, but he's not a sports event type of music provider) again, I'll scream. And that song "Charlene" (or Darlene. DOlly Parton or who sang that?). Please, stab out my eardrums!

The band needs more music and practice time (both to improve and to keep up the improvements already made) and the guy who chooses the pregame, game, and post game canned music needs to be thrown from the roof to the waiting cement below.

The band needs more music and practice time (both to improve and to keep up the improvements already made) and the guy who chooses the pregame, game, and post game canned music needs to be thrown from the roof to the waiting cement below.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I'm not mistaken, I think the team helps pick the pregame/warmup music.

It seems like the "tweener" music was much more clever the first season, and has continually gotten worse over the past few years. Hardly any classic hockey tunes, and lots of sleeeepy crap. Some of the stuff they play makes you say WTF more than once a night. ;)

Did I mention I found the Lienies Beer Kiosk on the main floor ? ;)

Speaking of Beer Why not have all the Brands - this only having one or two vendors really pizzes me off - :D

There are times AmberBock is right & Bud Light is better

I tried Molson & it's over rated ;)

I tried Molson & it's over rated

UH-ohhhh...Canadian beer smack.

Actually, I agree with you; I'm not the biggest Molson fan, but keep in mind you tried Molson that was likely brewed south of the border. There is a noticeable difference in taste, much like when you order a Coors Light in Canada.

Molson is indeed overrated; I prefer Labatt's Blue, but the best - if you can track it down somewhere - is Kokanee.

MMMMMM....talking beer on a hockey message board. I just got a warm fuzzy.

I think that the 'clever' people who helped with the music selection, the cam shots of the oppposition with sub-titles/appropriate music and in-between period videos are no longer working at the REA. I really enjoyed the videos such as the Gopher in the penalty box crying. I think the band sounded great in Ohio. The reason may have been that they were really fired up due to a combination of the crowd and being at the F4. I agree they do sound better but I also would like to hear more from them at the REA.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the team helps pick the pregame/warmup music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't clear. What I mean by pregame is all the time before the opening puck drops in which the team is not on the ice. I was told that the team chooses the pregame skate music.

Sioux-cia: Figures that they wouldn't. They had more than one shot of the crying hockey player. They did a version with the guy in a CC jersey as well.

I wish they could have done a two person video with one being a ref and the other throwing a temper tantrum a la 2 year olds. Then again, I also wish the band could play three blind mice, but neither are going to happen.

What I miss is the Gear Daddies "I want to drive the Zamboni" song when the Zamboni's are on the ice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, it might be a decent song, but it gets sooooo old. Having heard it 8 times at the Final Five (twice at each of 4 games, I didn't go to the playin), I'm really sick of it. Maybe once per weekend, but that's the most they should play it.