SiouxSports.com Forum

Kyle Radke

redwing77

Ok, my question is: What the hell does this kid have to do to get some playing time?

He played ok today didn't he? Then why did they take him off the ice? an assist isn't good enough?

I really want to know what Kyle did to deserve this lack of confidence displayed by the coaching staff.

Again, I wonder if Kyle will be around next year because lately (when he's played) he's played very well and has gotten nothing to show for it.

I think I'm beginning to think that Marvin is in at D for the NCAAs if we can get Murray and Prpich back. I really don't think Radke will play much at all the remainder of the season.

So my question is: WHY?

And a thought to ponder: Will Radke remain with the Sioux? Who would blame him for returning to juniors? When is he going to get his shot?

I think I'm beginning to think that Marvin is in at D for the NCAAs if we can get Murray and Prpich back.

And a thought to ponder:  Will Radke remain with the Sioux?  Who would blame him for returning to juniors?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I'm beginning to think you're thinking too much. ???

I doubt Radke is going anywhere. He'll be 20 years old in May so he'll be too old for Junior A's and Major Juniors. He'd have to transfer to a DIII team or to a Canadian college to play next year.

Brad Berry knows what he's doing. If Radke was better than any of the other defensemen he'd be playing ahead of them. He'll get his shot next year.

Brad Berry knows what he's doing.  If Radke was better than any of the other defensemen he'd be playing ahead of them.  He'll get his shot next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, I think I'll leave this one up to the coaching staff. Obviously there are some reasons he hasn't seen steady time in the lineup.

He got less ice time because he made a couple mistakes on the shift that led directly to Minnesota's first goal. If you didn't see it the first time, watch a tape - his stick gets lifted, he gets outmuscled, pass goes over to Irmen and bang! the otherwise-dead Gophers get on the board.

He will be fine; he's got good hands, good skating stride and agility, and does a lot of things well. A summer of weight-training and he'll get the extra strength needed to excel in the WCHA.

He got less ice time because he made a couple mistakes on the shift that led directly to Minnesota's first goal. If you didn't see it the first time, watch a tape - his stick gets lifted, he gets outmuscled, pass goes over to Irmen and bang! the otherwise-dead Gophers get on the board.

He will be fine; he's got good hands, good skating stride and agility, and does a lot of things well. A summer of weight-training and he'll get the extra strength needed to excel in the WCHA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what I saw as well, on the Irmen goal he had his back turned to Irmen who was planted right in the slot. It was Radke's job to cover him and he had his back turned to the play. Those kind of mistakes will send you home at this time of the year. From what I have seen he needs to get a lot stronger on his skates.

This is what I saw as well, on the Irmen goal he had his back turned to Irmen who was planted right in the slot. It was Radke's job to cover him and he had his back turned to the play. Those kind of mistakes will send you home at this time of the year. From what I have seen he needs to get a lot stronger on his skates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I thought this kid was a big time recruit when they landed him? What's gone wrong?

Brad Berry knows what he's doing.  If Radke was better than any of the other defensemen he'd be playing ahead of them.  He'll get his shot next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Radke will play next season. Its hard to get playing time when you competing for a job with Jones, Fuhr, Schnider and Greene. I wouldn't be ashamed of that. Those are four great defenders.

With the departure of 3 seniors, the probable departure of junior Matt Greene, the unknown status of Robbie Bina, and Scott Foyt and Lee Marvin having logged more time on the wing than the point this year, I'd guess Kyle Radke is going to get all the minutes he wants, and then some, next season.

With the departure of 3 seniors, the probable departure of junior Matt Greene, the unknown status of Robbie Bina, and Scott Foyt and Lee Marvin having logged more time on the wing than the point this year, I'd guess Kyle Radke is going to get all the minutes he wants, and then some, next season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would imagine after the season is over the coaching staff is going to address the defensive situation. UND will probably sign a few more defensemen. I can't see Scott Foyt playing on Defense for UND. I hope Robbie can come back but they may also get another recruit in case he can't come back.

I was trying to think who is coming in?

We have Brian Lee, Taylor Chorney and Little Jones, along with Radke and Marvin. I am hoping they beg Greene to stay next season.

I'd guess the Sioux are going to have to at least match the money Edmonton will offer him. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the lock out situation I would be surprised to see NHL teams sign any of their picks unless something is settled. I would think they would save as much cash as they can. If Greene does not come back we will be really thin back there next year.

With the lock out situation I would be surprised to see NHL teams sign any of their picks unless something is settled. I would think they would save as much cash as they can. If Greene does not come back we will be really thin back there next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a simple question:

Can there even be player signings if there's no Collective Bargaining Agreement?

What "rules" would exist for any contract signing?

I was trying to think who is coming in?

We have Brian Lee, Taylor Chorney and Little Jones, along with Radke and Marvin.  I am hoping they beg Greene to stay next season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget about Smaby.

I have known two people who have fused vertebrate- neither can ever play any contact sports again.  Hopefully the surgery on Bina is different, but the way I understand it - once you fuse vertebrate together it greatly increases the risk of breaking again.  But then again I'm not a doctor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't Joe Montana play football again after having similar surgery?

Didn't Joe Montana play football again after having similar surgery?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God, If there is any question at all, I hope he hangs them up.

On topic, I thought Radke looked shaky this weekend, but I don't blame him for it, as he hadn't played in so long. I doubt we will see much of him the rest of the way, as mistakes are too costly in this type of game. I expect them to rotate five defensemen the rest of the way.

I saw enough this year to still expect nice things from Radke in his Sioux career.