SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he wanted to go to UND but the Sioux didn't have any scholarship $$ left for him. He would have had to walk on and he was seriously considering doing just that and turning down the UM scholarship. He kept the Gophers waiting as long as he could to see if anything could develop with the Sioux, but there wasn't even a small partial that they could free up. The coaches would have liked him in a Sioux uniform, unfortunately the timing didn't work out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rick,

I'm curious where you got that information. I am a friend of the family and his parents have told me since day one that he always wanted to be a Gopher and Minnesota was the only place where he wanted to go. I know he took a recruiting visit to UND but that was about it.

Rick,

I'm curious where you got that information. I am a friend of the family and his parents have told me since day one that he always wanted to be a Gopher and Minnesota was the only place where he wanted to go. I know he took a recruiting visit to UND but that was about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. It seems like the recruiting process is often a negotiation. A player may pump one team to try and get a better offer from the school he truly wants to attend. I certainly wouldn't blame a recruit in the least, because I'm guessing the coaches are often trying to determine what portion of a scholarship a player will accept.

2. Players who "settle" for a second choice rarely if ever admit to it. Very often it becomes their favorite from the start or the "best fit" for that player.

DO-DE-DO-DO!!

DO-DE-DO-DO!!

You have just entered the TOOLIGHT (in the head) ZONE!! :0

That is just downright bizzare...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

>>>>>

If you pay close attention, you'll notice that he is high-fiving a guy on his way off the ice. He is probably in need of maturity more than psychological help.

Either way, the kids a nut job.

>>>>>

If you pay close attention, you'll notice that he is high-fiving a guy on his way off the ice. He is probably in need of maturity more than psychological help.

Either way, the kids a nut job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's acknowledging the kids/fans, that's all. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think the kids had any idea what really happened or could even being to ponder why it just happened.

I found this on GPL. I hope the kid can get himself right.

Hirsch Hospitalized with Nervous Breakdown

According to multiple sources University of Minnesota junior forward Tyler Hirsch, his team

Yes, this story backs what I had heard two days ago, but was reluctant to post. A very good source told me that Hirsch and some teammates watched the movie on Friday afternoon and he had been speaking of the devil in one way or another since watching the film. He was also saying weird things in the locker room.

GPL (Gopher Puck Live) is heading straight for a HIPAA lawsuit with that one folks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually that "article" was pulled from another web site (USHR) and was credited with the info. <snip>

On another note, is was also reported that #23 was on the ice practicing today...

WPoS

Pretty classy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have stayed out of this because mental issues are nothing to poke fun of or make light of, the kid for what ever reason snapped and I think a little compasion is probably in order for this kid. Calling the kid a nut job is basically classless and you should be ashamed or yourself.

Calling the kid is a statement only a jerk would make. Lets cut the kid some slack and wish him well. WpOS said he was skating with the team again. I think that's great and I wish him well.

Lastly, folks this kid was very close to becoming a UND fighting Sioux, it sounds like Blaiser though highly of him, UND just didn't have scholarship money at the time. If I was the coach I'd still take him, Tyler is a good player and from it sounds like hates losing. So do most of us. I think we should focus on beating the BU dogs and getting a chance to beat the Dirty Eagles again. I hate the Dirty B.C. Eagles just about as much as I hate DU and Wisconsin. They have some of the stupidest fans known to college hockey.

Edited by Goon

GBpakrzz,  I want to know where you get off classifying someone you know nothing about a "nut job"?  Normally, when I reply to posts on this site I disagree with, I do so in a very respectful manner, but I have trouble respecting anyone who would say that.  Would you say the same thing about a handicapped person?  That they are in need of maturity and should just deal with their god given disorder?  I highly doubt Tyler could prevent what has happend to him emotionally and for you to mock him for that is utterly disgusting.  The pressure that goes along with playing a division one sport can probably really get to a kid.  I wonder what you are like as a parent, if you are one.  When your kid is having emotional problems will you tell him to grow up?  Just wondering?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Specifics that was well said.