SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

We were talking about how Gaber disappeared a bit at the end of this season...what about Snuggerud??
When he announced he was coming back for this year, many guessed that he'd be a Hobey favorite...but that certainly didn't happen.  Not even in the Hobey Top 10.
I'm guessing he'll sign shortly.

Good chance of all #1 seeds advancing to F4...when's the last time that happened?

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Sorry about your bracket.  ;)

In the end the Matrix stayed on course.  I'm the death blow to any team's chance at a national championship.

Thankfully Duluth and Minnesota both weren't in. 

Just now, Wilbur said:

In the end the Matrix stayed on course.  I'm the death blow to any team's chance at a national championship.

Damn…you almost cost us.  Glad the jinx kicked in.

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

All the Gofer tears on Twitter…they’re so salty.:D

Most of them had already said it would be destiny for them to get their next title in St Paul.  Maybe some even got tattoos.  :D 
Wasn't to be.  ;) 

Just now, Wilbur said:

I wish your bracket would have been messed up last night instead.

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Seeing BU play and I'm wondering how UND didn't sweep them. BU doesn't look that good outside L. Hutton and M. Celebrini they don't look dangerous. 

I was at the BU series. BU did most of their damage with Celebrini and Hutson on the ice. When they were off the ice, UND dominated them. But that’s how good those 2 players are.

27 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Damn…you almost cost us.  Glad the jinx kicked in.

It's really just crazy how it works.  I used to pick with my heart taking UND most years, but I was the reason we'd lose.

Now the only chance that Duluth or Minnesota has if they are both in.  And honestly Duluth is more likely to get the kiss of death. 

50 minutes ago, brianvf said:

We were talking about how Gaber disappeared a bit at the end of this season...what about Snuggerud??
When he announced he was coming back for this year, many guessed that he'd be a Hobey favorite...but that certainly didn't happen.  Not even in the Hobey Top 10.
I'm guessing he'll sign shortly.

Good chance of all #1 seeds advancing to F4...when's the last time that happened?

I never did see what all the hype was around Snuggerud. He has a hell of a shot but other than that he is a lazy player. He seems like he just coasts out there and all he is looking to do is shoot the puck on net. To hell with defense. 

6 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I never did see what all the hype was around Snuggerud. He has a hell of a shot but other than that he is a lazy player. He seems like he just coasts out there and all he is looking to do is shoot the puck on net. To hell with defense. 

Dude has a one timer that NHL teams dream about, for sure.
Who knew that losing Cooley & Knies from his line would affect his production so much.  ;) 

1 minute ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

I think they were referring to the ncaa regional championship which does look very similar to the ncaa title. The captain was mad that someone was about to touch the trophy 

got it

12 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Gofer season is over...they officially got Motz-KO'd! 

While I can enjoy this as much as anyone here…really sucks we’re relegated to celebrating other teams losing, especially Gofers only winning one game in the tourney after back to back frozen fours and a championship appearance - while we’ve continued the losing streak or not even making it. I don’t think I’ll be getting in their face anytime soon about Motzko not getting it done, at least until Brad can prove he can win any games again in March or April. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brett0909 said:

While I can enjoy this as much as anyone here…really sucks we’re relegated to celebrating other teams losing, especially Gofers only winning one game in the tourney after back to back frozen fours and a championship appearance - while we’ve continued the losing streak or not even making it. I don’t think I’ll be getting in their face anytime soon about Motzko not getting it done, at least until Brad can prove he can win any games again in March or April. 

You’re not wrong.  I’m just glad that I won’t be surrounded by screaming Gofer fans at the Frozen Four.

• Upvote 2