SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

4 hours ago, Brim006 said:

Wait wait wait a second....Abrahamson isn't even a top 3 finalist for Sr. Athlete of the year? That has to be a joke right?

That is absolutely nuts. But since she’s not in I’d love to see Jamestown get another Senior Athlete of the Year. Sorlie it is 

1 hour ago, Johnny Five said:

Most of the time if kids quit it isn't because of opportunity or a coach...it's because they don't love the game enough.  Been there done that with one of my own.

I completely agree.  In our youth hockey organization I had brought up reaching out to the kids/family that drop out to try to get an honest answer to why they quit.  We never did it, but I thought it would be interesting to hear the actual reasons. (Cost, time, coaches, playing time, other interest, skill level, relationship with teammates...)  There are definitely many talented kids in the 12-16 age range that hang up the skates for a host of reasons.

30 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I completely agree.  In our youth hockey organization I had brought up reaching out to the kids/family that drop out to try to get an honest answer to why they quit.  We never did it, but I thought it would be interesting to hear the actual reasons. (Cost, time, coaches, playing time, other interest, skill level, relationship with teammates...)  There are definitely many talented kids in the 12-16 age range that hang up the skates for a host of reasons.

Exactly.  My oldest made the top mite group, and was the youngest in that level in our club years ago.  At the end of the season he looked at me and said he didn't want to play anymore.  Just didn't love playing the game.  Broke my heart, but he wanted to try other things.  Exactly what I told the coordinator when he called me to ask why. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Too lazy to scroll through.....

TV options today for ND boys games?

WDAY Extra.  Channel 594 Midco, 17.3 on Antenna (Bismarck).  Also streaming on WDAY+.  Cost is $20/month.

• Upvote 3

Girls Quarters                              

WFU over Century

GF over Davies

FNS over DL

Legacy over Mandan

Girls Semis

WFU over GF

FNS over Legacy

Girls Championship

FNS over WFU

It's a wide open tourney and wouldn't be surprised if all of the lower seeds won today. I'd love to see Devils Lake lifting the trophy on Saturday with Abrahamson scoring 10+ goals in the tourney but expect FNS to win their 3rd in a row.

10 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Midgets on the board first. 1-0 

End of 1st

Skating and skill level definitely in favor of South.

Dickinson's goalie is solid.