SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Omaha didn't put up much of a fight against DU this weekend.
All these DU skaters have 3, 4, or 5 pt games.  :crazy:

Maybe if the Ludtke brothers were less worried about their merch launch they might have helped Omaha win. 

• Like 1

Omaha doesn’t ever strike me as the most stout defensive team so going against an offensive juggernaut like Denver with all their weapons, it doesn’t shock me the Pios would have Latkoczy fishing pucks out of the back of his net all weekend long. 

Went to the afternoon matinee CC/Miami game. CC made relatively easy work of the RedHawks, 4-2. Miami didn’t play awful this weekend but they just don’t have much in the way of dynamic, elite offensive skill. Could it be curtains for Coach Bergeron at season’s end? They just don’t seem to have shown improvement in his fifth season in Oxford. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Is there any way to catch the last thirteen minutes of the Augustana/ASU game? Looks like another good one, tied at 2. 

It was good, It's been over for a minute. 

All ASU's games are free on a link on their Twitter account.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Omaha doesn’t ever strike me as the most stout defensive team so going against an offensive juggernaut like Denver with all their weapons, it doesn’t shock me the Pios would have Latkoczy fishing pucks out of the back of his net all weekend long. 

Watched the games, was in Omaha this weekend (my wife’s aunt passed). The officiating was a sh@tshow. Omaha was unable to play a physical game, getting called for ridiculous penalties. One ref, wet behind the ears, called everything they did either interference or cross checking. I never saw one handed cross checking before! Mavs had like 8-10 penalties per game. Couldn’t sustain any flow. Actually, the first periods were played even, before Ref #19 took center stage. It was shameful. Hope we don’t get him next weekend.

• Upvote 2

Every year Sioux fans agonize over Michigan getting so many chippahs, worrying over their advantage with the development program and NIL money.  Yet there they sit in 5th place in their own conference (which is admittedly very good this year).  They might put it all together for the Tournament, but the grass is not looking greener there.  

7 hours ago, burd said:

Every year Sioux fans agonize over Michigan getting so many chippahs, worrying over their advantage with the development program and NIL money.  Yet there they sit in 5th place in their own conference (which is admittedly very good this year).  They might put it all together for the Tournament, but the grass is not looking greener there.  

They are firmly a bubble team right now.  

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I wonder if any suspensions will come of that...possibly DU a little short-handed next weekend?

I was wondering too, the refs did stay and review the end of the game well after the game ended. Carle wouldn't let Denver shake hands after the game also.