SiouxSports.com Forum

UN* vs DU: Where's the D?

Oxbow6

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You can't say in an interview that we have guys consistently not doing their jobs over and over, and in that same interview talk about how strong the culture is....

We just need to put that word to bed this season and bring it back when we aren't in 7th place in the league. 

Did BB ever come out for a post game chat? I switched to the Wild.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Did BB ever come out for a post game chat? I switched to the Wild.

He did not.  I did fall asleep waiting feverishly to see what he had to say.  I feel bad for TH.  The guy is waiting down on the bench trying to do his job.  I'm not trying to get into a Hak vs. Berry debate but I never saw that from Hak or even Blais.  They'd be pissed as hell but they'd do the interview.  Same thing earlier this year when he didn't do the post game interview for Midco.  Part of your job is to be the face of the program and answer questions even in the tough times (do tough questions get asked even?).

I think @MafiaMan said it best.  Dark times for the program.  The Yankees are never in last place in the AL East.  Alabama football doesn't lose more than twice a year.  See how the team regroups going into next year and see who stays and who goes.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I said last night Berry looked lost on the bench , not coming out for the interview he’s an assistant coach not a head coach. Players  regress under his watch , come play at ND where good players come to get mediocre and maybe that’s why the recruiting is stagnant he is still playing that grind/dump and chase style. Someone posted last night that Denver plays fast is was very evident the different styles this weekend / all four games against them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

I watched the Kleven video:  really?  That's five and the gate these days?  

Frattin would've been sent to Supermax for what he did

He knows he being watched very closely why make that kind of check in the Offensive zone , why would a 5 year foward slew foot someone knowing they  review everything , lack of discipline the inmates are running the asylum. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He did not.  I did fall asleep waiting feverishly to see what he had to say.  I feel bad for TH.  The guy is waiting down on the bench trying to do his job.  I'm not trying to get into a Hak vs. Berry debate but I never saw that from Hak or even Blais.  They'd be pissed as hell but they'd do the interview.  Same thing earlier this year when he didn't do the post game interview for Midco.  Part of your job is to be the face of the program and answer questions even in the tough times (do tough questions get asked even?).

I think @MafiaMan said it best.  Dark times for the program.  The Yankees are never in last place in the AL East.  Alabama football doesn't lose more than twice a year.  See how the team regroups going into next year and see who stays and who goes.  

thumb_what-we-lhave-here-s-atailureto-communicate-failure-to-communicate-54102365.png

11 hours ago, mauiman said:

Given the caliber of DU - I for one am proud of this team.  

We could’ve won both games but for some stupid reffing and dumb plays.  Take 60 seconds out of last nights game and the 5’s out of tonight’s game and we sweep DU.  It’s time to finish strong.  This was a real measure of competition and we competed.  That’s promising.  

Let’s go Sioux!

Yeah, take 60 bad rivets out if the Titanic and she would’ve made it across the Atlantic!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

He knows he being watched very closely why make that kind of check in the Offensive zone , why would a 5 year foward slew foot someone knowing they  review everything , lack of discipline the inmates are running the asylum. 

Total bush league play right there…

From rhe Herald.

"It's tough," UND coach Brad Berry said. "I'm telling you, it's tough. We haven't been in this for a few years on this side of it. It's a situation where, right now, the standard has to be higher of being more accountable and giving more. By giving more, it doesn't mean playing outside your role. It's just doing your job. I think some guys are, and I think some guys aren't. It seems like it's the same guys that are doing it and the same guys that are not. Until we get everybody doing it, doing their job, that's the result you're probably going to get."

If they aren't doing it, why are they in the line up.  May be to late to send a message.  But if you only need to dress 15 players then so be it.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I watched the Kleven video:  really?  That's five and the gate these days?  

Frattin would've been sent to Supermax for what he did

Watched it several times and slowed it down. That is a coin flip 2 minute penalty for charging at most.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I almost missed the fact that we have yet another stretch of 3 or more goals in a row given up to an opponent this season…I can’t remember the count on that but I think it’s happened double-digit times this season.  That’s absolutely crazy. 

Yeah, but we're doing better on the not giving up goals in the first or last two minutes of periods.:whistling:

I grew up near GF but live in Boulder CO now, with DU season tickets. I thought that UND played with energy and purpose Friday night. If anything, they dominated play. Except that their aggressive play led to lapses. And, it’s hard to win with dumb aggression, with major penalties and game misconducts. I get that it’s a fierce rivalry, but arguably, with emotions better checked, the outcome could have been very different. 

• Upvote 2

Now that I have had time to think it was not reffing that cost the game.  It did not help but did not cost game however 2 for 14 on the PP not good for the weekend. 3 for 7 PK not good. Also they kept saying that our 5x5 play was better than Denver but at one point the SOG was 11 to 30!! 

Bad Special teams + shaking goaltending+ bad defense =bad time

3 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I said last night Berry looked lost on the bench , not coming out for the interview he’s an assistant coach not a head coach. Players  regress under his watch , come play at ND where good players come to get mediocre and maybe that’s why the recruiting is stagnant he is still playing that grind/dump and chase style. Someone posted last night that Denver plays fast is was very evident the different styles this weekend / all four games against them. 

Exactly this - and it makes me worry about the future of our program.  We used to be the program that Blue Chippers went to in order to develop into NHL players (remember Parise) - now we're not and players know it.  The odds of Berry adapting are slim and none.  It always amazes me that many coaches who are extremely knowledgeable have a huge blind spot when it comes to their "system".  Time to right this ship before we slip any more.  Recruiting will become increasingly difficult - just look at our inability to recruit and develop a top goalie.  

• Like 1